• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hubby and I are headed to the Yacht Club for 9/12-9/17 for the Food & Wine festival :) Can we be added to the guest list on the first page?

I'm also heading down in 44 days with my bestie for a quick 2 night budget trip... but staying value. It's my first time at All Star Movies. I'll miss the convenience of Epcot out the back door! LOL!

Does anyone know what type of mix Ale and Compass uses for the gluten-free waffles? One of the folks in our group has many many allergies, and needs to understand what the ingredients are in the mix.

If no one knows the actual type of mix, perhaps if there is a way to contact the ail Ale and Compass, could you let me know?

Does anyone know what type of mix Ale and Compass uses for the gluten-free waffles? One of the folks in our group has many many allergies, and needs to understand what the ingredients are in the mix.

If no one knows the actual type of mix, perhaps if there is a way to contact the ail Ale and Compass, could you let me know?
I would assume that Disney would use the same mix for all of its restaurants. But the only way to make sure that the allergen is absent from the waffles is to talk to the chef. :)

How far in advance does everyone do their online check in? we are 45 days out :Pinkbounc, is it too soon and is there any benefit too checking in early online :scratchin

How far in advance does everyone do their online check in? we are 45 days out :Pinkbounc, is it too soon and is there any benefit too checking in early online :scratchin
I check in as soon as we know whether we'll be driving or flying and, thus, what our estimated arrival time will be. The only benefit to online checkin is to get all the registration stuff out of the way (credit card mostly) so that they can text your room number to you and/or show it in MDE when your room is ready, so that you don't have to go to the front desk. No real benefit I can think of to checking in earlier online than later - unless the room request options in the online checkin process fit your requests, in which case you'd want to submit that at least a couple of weeks before checkin, since rooms are assigned 5 days or more in advance. If the room request options in online checkin do not fit your requests, you should leave that part blank and call to make your requests.

Jumping in on this ! We just switched our September reservations from the Poly to the Beach Club. We have never stayed at either, but we decided that since we want to spend most of our week at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, this seemed like the better choice. ( oh, that and Stormalong Bay!!!!). I can’t wait to dig into this thread and learn everything y’all have posted about!

Pool hours topic. I saw at GF and Poly sometime this past week they switched hours to 10am-11pm (was previously 10-10). I haven’t confirmed if this is the case at other resorts, but since reopening Disney has pretty much made feature pool hours changes property wide, so any current hours reports from YC/BC would be appreciated. TY!

I check in as soon as we know whether we'll be driving or flying and, thus, what our estimated arrival time will be. The only benefit to online checkin is to get all the registration stuff out of the way (credit card mostly) so that they can text your room number to you and/or show it in MDE when your room is ready, so that you don't have to go to the front desk. No real benefit I can think of to checking in earlier online than later - unless the room request options in the online checkin process fit your requests, in which case you'd want to submit that at least a couple of weeks before checkin, since rooms are assigned 5 days or more in advance. If the room request options in online checkin do not fit your requests, you should leave that part blank and call to make your requests.
Thanks so much for the good info :thumbsup2

Just returned from our first stay at YC, and loved it. CR used to be my favorite, but now this is. I loved the lobby, and the rooms were great. We booked standard view and were above the entrance on the third floor. It was actually a pretty good view. Couldn’t see real far out because of the trees but it was at least a view of something.

The comfort of the room, and just overall feel amazing. The shower was top notch! We liked having the kcups and individual toiletries (gel, shampoo,lotion) They weren’t at movies (we stayed there for two nights at the end).

I think one of my favorite parts was the location. Easy to walk to both parks, but also an easy boat ride away. We found that if it looked like the boat was coming in the morning it was faster to HS, but if we just missed it it was just easier to walk.

The pool was great. We hung out in the lazy river and hot tubs the most. Even the quiet pool was nice. It was actually sorta nice to go there to just enjoy some peace and quiet while enjoying the water.

I’m glad we chose YC, it felt much more calm than BC. I’m sure the rooms and everything are nice there too, but the lobby just felt bright, loud, and chaotic with cape may right there.

The only minor thing I didn’t like was there were only 3 washers by the admiral pool. We timed them perfectly the two times we did laundry, but they seemed to always be full with people having to leave and come back later. Not any kind of huge complaint, but we do actually like getting laundry done while there. That way we pack light and don’t have a bunch to do when we get home. And we can do it while in the pool.

I would love to stay here again. I hate the values, but at the same time we spend most our time in the parks and it saves some money. We did spend a couple afternoons in the pool so that was nice. I would really love to stay here the next time we come!!

It should be Bloomfield Farms

Thanks, the ingredient list looks like it would work.

I will keep looking for some way to verify with the restaurant.

We keep hearing about supply chain problems everywhere, including Disney. I wouldn't assume that what is served in a restaurant today will be served in that restaurant on the day of your trip, and rely on that if someone has food allergies. If it's not available, the restaurant may use something else.

Thanks, Best Aunt... That's very true - and even if the current chefs use something today, doesn't mean the same chefs will be there 9 months from now...

The biggest problem my friend has is when they list "modified food starch" as an ingredient and don't say what the source is. He can have it if it's made from corn, but some companies use the kind made with potatoes, and in addition to gluten and dairy, he has severe nightshade allergies, so no potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers of any kind.... hard to find dining in some places, and especially the quick service places.

We keep hearing about supply chain problems everywhere, including Disney. I wouldn't assume that what is served in a restaurant today will be served in that restaurant on the day of your trip, and rely on that if someone has food allergies. If it's not available, the restaurant may use something else.

Page 1964-1966

Hi Dee-We are finally returning to BC! Please add me to the Be our Guest list July 18- 21 😃
Thanks!

Got it!
:thumbsup2

Just changed our resort reservation from Pop to YC. Staying here for the first time and we are so excited!
Can someone give me some insight on refillable mugs, and where I can grab some much needed coffee in the morning? Is there cold tea, too? Many moons ago there was tea offered. We are trying to decide if the mug will be useful for my daughter (she‘s not into coffee like me, the horror!)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

:cool1:

Page 1967-1968

Got back from a Villas stay (room 558) on the 2nd. It was a very nice resort, though we didn't take anywhere near the advantage of it that we thought we would. Hopefully, I'll run into the same luck that got me that room (for 6 nights!) again.

The room was very nice, though the air conditioner broke twice, so I got to meet 5 maintenance people in total. Likely would have been more, but the second time it broke was checkout day, so I didn't get to see the actual electrician that day.

For villa stayers, I truly cannot recommend that room. On one side is the telephone/electrical room and on the other side the elevator. My cousin nearly lost it the first night out on the pullout sofa from the elevator noise!

Thanks for the warning about that room. I will add your comments to the BCV Room View/Description thread.

:thumbsup2

My husband and I stayed in a deluxe room at BC with our adult daughter a few years ago. The one we had was accessible which I didn't like because the bathroom set up is awkward for people who don't require accessibility. We had a seating area which was nice for when we were hanging out between plans but it doesn't offer any privacy. It's just a sofa and chair in full view of the two queen beds. You wouldn't be able to put the toddler to sleep while the rest of the family chatted or watched tv like you can in a villa with separate living area and separate bedroom(s). The deluxe is really just a slightly larger hotel room with a few extra places to sit and a bit more floor space. We wouldn't do it again with more than 2 people because we like our own space.

:welcome: to posting here and thank you so much for your comments about the Deluxe room.

::yes::

My family of 6 stayed in the first floor deluxe room at BC last year and we loved it. You have 2 Q and 1 Q sofa bed.We put in a request for first floor and we got it. I love the first floor deluxe room because your patio door opens right to the quiet pool and hot tub. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves on many nights. The laundry room is right by the pool also which made it very convenient. First time at Disney that we all went home with clean clothes! There are 4 deluxe rooms by the quiet pool side on all 4 floors. The 4th floor room has a huge wrap around balcony and has fireworks view.

Thank you for sharing this very helpful information!

:thanks:

We booked a standard view at Beach.

First, we are fine with view - rooftop, parking lot, whatever.
Second- I thought we should just go for broke when putting in a request! 😂
Do any standards have balconies?
Since our request really won't be of importance if we get it or not, I though I'd request a balcony!

Yes, definitely request the balcony.

:goodvibes

I checked the first page and the last few but I don't see a March movie/activity schedule... does anyone have that?

Thanks for the reminder about this. I am way behind...

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

:cool1:

You can find Monthly Resort Activity Calendars HERE! 🙂

Thank you so much for this! I have always scrambled in the past to find schedule each month.

:thanks::thanks:

For anyone with an upcoming trip, there’s a Pre-Arrival Yacht Club MagicBand available for purchase this morning! Just wanted to give you guys a heads up! 🙂

View attachment 653481

Love this! The Magic Band I don't need (but now want)

💖

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter