Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello! We will be at BC next week and plan to hit the pool as a midday break. I’ve heard how busy stormalong bay is and wonder if we will have difficulty getting seats? Do they fill up by 12-1pm daily?

I know I knew this at one time, but since I haven't been lucky enough to stay at Beach Club since before COVID I'm drawing a blank as to morning buses.

I know Beach and Yacht Club share buses, with Yacht club being the first pick up. But in the early morning do they share? I'm asking because I will be using a scooter, and I know there are limited spaces on each bus for scooters.

Is it better to take a little trip over to Yacht Club to get on the before the Beach Club stop? Or do they use dedicated buses in the early morning?

Thanks!

I know Beach and Yacht Club share buses, with Yacht club being the first pick up. But in the early morning do they share? I'm asking because I will be using a scooter, and I know there are limited spaces on each bus for scooters.
They use dedicated buses in the morning for MK. The buses don't start sharing until 11am, at least that is what the bus driver told us. :)

We do find that there tend to be more scooters waiting for a bus at the BC stop than at the YC stop, but the law of averages is what makes that happen. ;)

Last edited:
I know I knew this at one time, but since I haven't been lucky enough to stay at Beach Club since before COVID I'm drawing a blank as to morning buses.

Is it better to take a little trip over to Yacht Club to get on the before the Beach Club stop? Or do they use dedicated buses in the early morning?

Thanks!
They share for AK in the morning but not MK. Not sure if it's a time of year thing for AK though, but so far every early morning bus we've had to AK has also swung by the BC on trips in September, January, April, and May.

First is it 7 am ET for cabana rental to call?
Also, has anyone rented a cabana for the day . Then for a few hours walked over to Epcot then come back to the cabana?
If you have it from 10am to 7 pm .
If you get the cabana and rent the cabana for the day, it's yours for the day - even if you take a break at EPCOT in the afternoon. The cabanas are open 10-5 - at least they were in December when we rented one. Once you check in to the cabana, you'll get a separate wrist band indicating you're a cabana guest for the day - at the point, you'll also have entry/exit privileges at a separate 'cabana' gate that's right along the main walk around the lake. It's much easier going out there and using the restrooms at Hurricane Hanna's than it is walking through the pool to get to the main restrooms there.

There are only 4 cabanas, so don't wait too long to call - you can do 60+ days based on your BC/YC/BCV reservation. Hope that helps.

Hello! We will be at BC next week and plan to hit the pool as a midday break. I’ve heard how busy stormalong bay is and wonder if we will have difficulty getting seats? Do they fill up by 12-1pm daily?
For as popular as the pool is, people do tend to come and go throughout the day, so chairs are usually available. The pool deck is quite large. In recent trips, it seems the 2-3 hours might be the fullest, but I can't prove that! Enjoy!

They use dedicated buses in the morning for MK. The buses don't start sharing until 11am, at least that is what the bus driver told us. :)

Agree. We were at YC 3 weeks ago. We were getting on a MK bus at about 10:30 one morning. When the bus pulled up, a few people got off but 1 family did not. They told the bus driver they were going to BC. He told them he was not going to BC & they’d have to get off at YC & walk. They were upset & said “it’s the same resort”. He told them the 2 resorts don’t share buses until 11 am & again, he would not be able to take them there because he was not going there. They were not happy but got off. After everyone boarded at YC we went directly to MK.

Agree. We were at YC 3 weeks ago. We were getting on a MK bus at about 10:30 one morning. When the bus pulled up, a few people got off but 1 family did not. They told the bus driver they were going to BC. He told them he was not going to BC & they’d have to get off at YC & walk. They were upset & said “it’s the same resort”. He told them the 2 resorts don’t share buses until 11 am & again, he would not be able to take them there because he was not going there. They were not happy but got off. After everyone boarded at YC we went directly to MK.

Could have been an honest mistake, I would have assumed any bus that said Yacht Club would take me to Beach Club too myself, had I not read otherwise here. Now flip side I also wouldn't be upset if they told me I had to get out and walk from Yacht Club, because, as they mentioned, it's ... the same resort.

Could have been an honest mistake, I would have assumed any bus that said Yacht Club would take me to Beach Club too myself, had I not read otherwise here. Now flip side I also wouldn't be upset if they told me I had to get out and walk from Yacht Club, because, as they mentioned, it's ... the same resort.

For sure. However I don’t know what happened when people boarded that bus. I don’t know if the driver said only YC as people boarded or not. Or if the signage is changed at the park to reflect just YC or just BC before 11.

For sure. However I don’t know what happened when people boarded that bus. I don’t know if the driver said only YC as people boarded or not. Or if the signage is changed at the park to reflect just YC or just BC before 11.
We had the same thing happen the last time we stayed at the YC. The bus arrived at the YC bus depot and when people remained seated, the bus driver had to tell them that he wasn't going to the BC.

The above posts reminded me that I have not requested to have my entry changed on the BOG list...

Could you please remove me from the March dates, and add me to Beach Club for April 17th-24th - water view room. Never mind adding me... I see I'm already there. :)

Thanks... it will be great to be back at BC again.... it's been since 2019! I have stayed at Yacht Club a few times in there, and Dolphin, but will be feel like coming home to BC for me.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Beach Club rooms have actual mini fridges or if they have switched to those “cooler“ things that look like mini fridges but don’t actually get very cold?

Does anyone know if the Beach Club rooms have actual mini fridges or if they have switched to those “cooler“ things that look like mini fridges but don’t actually get very cold?
I believe that all of the non-DVC resorts have switched to the beverage coolers. Our experience has been that they are cold enough. There have been times when ice has formed on items in the cooler, it has been that cold. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter