Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I did some snooping on FB and I found these pictures. I think they are from the 5th floor. It looks like no more carpet, raised beds, new curtains, new sofa, and glass door instead of shower curtain.

The FB group is called Disney Beach and Yacht Club and post is from May 19th.
I'm quite excited to see this!!

I like the raised beds as long as housekeeping remembers to mop under them, I like the hard floors because hotel carpeting is often sketchy, and I like the glass shower doors because it gives me the willies when a hotel shower curtain touches me.
I have a love/hate relationship with those glass doors at Disney- don't hang anything over them when you leave the room. Spilled on a shirt and threw it over the glass shower at WL to dry right after the remodel. Came back to it jammed up in the doors. Finally extracted it and it had oil stains all over it. Disney was good about it when I told the CL concierge & gave me credit for a new shirt but wow did I learn my lesson!

I love the raised beds. Kinda hate the hard floors. They always feel dirty and gritty to me. I wish they would have put down the area rugs under the beds like they did at GF.
100% on the raised beds! My favorite remodel was GCH with the carpet bedroom and hardwood entry/bathroom but I think that hotel was the only one to get that. I find myself taking a towel and wiping down the hardfloors at WDW when I first get in, it usually takes an unfortunate amount of grime off :crazy2:

100% on the raised beds! My favorite remodel was GCH with the carpet bedroom and hardwood entry/bathroom but I think that hotel was the only one to get that. I find myself taking a towel and wiping down the hardfloors at WDW when I first get in, it usually takes an unfortunate amount of grime off :crazy2:

Yeah, we will have a rental car and planning a trip to Target on our first day. I might pick up a swiffer wet mop...

I do this too, and it can be disgusting, but just imagine what's in that carpet.

But the stuff in the carpet stays in the carpet. The stuff on the hard floors ends up on your feet, then in your bed. Way more gross.

Nope. I’ve made the mistake of walking on hotel carpet with white socks. The stuff definitely did not stay on the carpet. :scared: I bring flip flops & never let the flooring touch me feet, carpet or hard. (Also why I won’t put my suitcases under the bed.)

Nope. I’ve made the mistake of walking on hotel carpet with white socks. The stuff definitely did not stay on the carpet. :scared: I bring flip flops & never let the flooring touch me feet, carpet or hard. (Also why I won’t put my suitcases under the bed.)

But again, when it gets onto your socks, it stays on your socks. I've never had anything stick to my bare feet in a carpeted hotel room.

I don't want anything on the floor to end up on our feet. Period. I don't generally walk around hotel rooms barefoot, but my boys and husband do. And the couple times we have stayed in hotel rooms with hard floors, the floors were absolutely filthy.

My suitcases are hard plastic, and I think the airplane cargo hold is a lot grosser than a hotel room carpet. I have never bothered to wipe down my suitcases.

I was one of the lucky ones to get a reservation for next year!!!

We are staying at the YC CL. We eat breakfast in the CL lounge and use our annual pass for discounts for dinner.

I booked a "basic package" which I think is just a room and they send you luggage tags, one free mini golf.
Should I have booked just a room only instead?

Checked out today from YC and it was so much better than my first stay. We were in room 3147 which was actually an accessible room with a roll in shower and automatic door. Here are the views. We booked Garden/Woods when the Visa discount dropped, but it said resort view on the app the day we checked in. I had requested the room above this one on TP but specified we wanted to be close to the elevator. We were literally right around the corner from it.
IMG_5780.jpegIMG_5781.jpeg
IMG_5779.jpeg

I was one of the lucky ones to get a reservation for next year!!!

We are staying at the YC CL. We eat breakfast in the CL lounge and use our annual pass for discounts for dinner.

I booked a "basic package" which I think is just a room and they send you luggage tags, one free mini golf.
Should I have booked just a room only instead?

I never book packages because of the penalties for cancelation inside of 30 days. The CMs on the phones are always trying to push packages because those cancelation penalties make Disney a lot of money. Call back and book room only. Then, you can cancel up to 5 day ahead of arrival for a full refund of your one night deposit. When you book room only, all you pay upfront is a refundable one night deposit and the rest is due upon check out (they say check in, but they don't charge your card until you leave).

Last edited:
I never book packages because of the penalties for cancelation inside of 30 days. They CMs on the phones are always trying to push packages because those cancelation penalties make Disney a lot of money. Call back and book room only. Then, you can cancel up to 5 day ahead of arrival for a full refund of your one night deposit. When you book room only, all you pay upfront is a refundable one night deposit and the rest is due upon check out (they say check in, but they don't charge your card until you leave).

Thank you so much for the info- I didn't know about the cancelation policies, I just assumed that they were the same as a room only reservation.

I will call to change my reservation once the phone lines are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter