Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I've got a ton of pics of 2590 at BC, which is a garden view king bed room with a bar sink/counter and sofabed. Only problem is I can't seem to post them (and back-to-school has eaten any time or brainpower to try to figure it out). If someone is willing to post them for me, PM me an email addy and I'll send them along.

I was wondering about the configuration of this room during recent trip a little over a week ago. Noticed from the outside it has a very large balcony. Was just a few rooms down from our room.

Edit - I think it was actually room 2598 that had the oversized balcony

Last edited:
Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but are there any night lights in the room or should I bring one from home?
Thank you Only 3 days!!!:yay:

Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but are there any night lights in the room or should I bring one from home?

Our room had a light on the makeup (magnifier) mirror in the bathroom...that's what we used, and it worked pretty well.

First I wanted to say to Teena, I'm another person you don't know that was very moved to hear your news. I love that he told you what a great life he had. I hope that will stay in your heart to lighten it during the heavy times. You seem very lucky in all your family and them in you, and you are in my prayers.

:welcome: back! I don't think you have posted for awhile, but I could be wrong...

Yes, there are BC rooms with fireworks views and a full balcony. Upper floor is key! For SV- we had one room that had a great view of the MK fireworks and a side view of Illuminations. GV/WV- Some of the Woods View near the EP side of the resort and the East Facing GV rooms may have fireworks views. Some WV rooms have views of Frozen Fireworks towards BW and sometimes Illuminations.

Please let us know if you and your unicorn book an upcoming stay.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for always responding. Sounds like a GV is our best bet for an Illuminations view. That would be heaven to sit on a balcony with fireworks so close. And I do lurk a lot, but I keep current on this thread...always good info and entertainment value.

We're planning a trip March 31-April 13, with April 2-13 as a split stay, hopefully at BC. I currently have a Little Mermaid room booked at AoA for the whole trip since DS6 loved the pool there when we went in 2012. I know we will split stay somewhere for April 2-13 but I'm hoping fervently for a discount or magical deal. I don't think I can do quite enough Disney math for the current rack rates at BC. Honestly, if there isn't a discount, I might just chuck the math and decide YOLO is more important. Not only have I loved the BC from the first picture I saw of it, but since I think DS would be willing to ditch the parks for the pool, I would love to stay somewhere where the pool is as magical as the rest of it.

First I wanted to say to Teena, I'm another person you don't know that was very moved to hear your news. I love that he told you what a great life he had. I hope that will stay in your heart to lighten it during the heavy times. You seem very lucky in all your family and them in you, and you are in my prayers.

Thanks for always responding. Sounds like a GV is our best bet for an Illuminations view. That would be heaven to sit on a balcony with fireworks so close. And I do lurk a lot, but I keep current on this thread...always good info and entertainment value.

We're planning a trip March 31-April 13, with April 2-13 as a split stay, hopefully at BC. I currently have a Little Mermaid room booked at AoA for the whole trip since DS6 loved the pool there when we went in 2012. I know we will split stay somewhere for April 2-13 but I'm hoping fervently for a discount or magical deal. I don't think I can do quite enough Disney math for the current rack rates at BC. Honestly, if there isn't a discount, I might just chuck the math and decide YOLO is more important. Not only have I loved the BC from the first picture I saw of it, but since I think DS would be willing to ditch the parks for the pool, I would love to stay somewhere where the pool is as magical as the rest of it.
Hopefully you will be able to still book the little mermaid room if you decide to cut it in half. I'm not crazy about Disney's new policy of only changing rooms/resorts if there is a new reservation available.

~Cari~ pluto:

The water was just colder. I heard someone else mention it at BC and they were very surprised that Poly was cooler since SAB is so much larger.

I would get in the watr for a few minutes and then get back out. I would literally have goosebumps all over me and I like the cold! It was just uncomfortable for me. But there were tons of kids who loved it!

The temperature of SAB's pool was perfect. It felt so refreshing.
VERY excited about SAB:beach: for F&W in October; have built it much more relaxation time at both BCV and Poly to experience the beauty of the resorts!:dance3:

I've got a ton of pics of 2590 at BC, which is a garden view king bed room with a bar sink/counter and sofabed. Only problem is I can't seem to post them (and back-to-school has eaten any time or brainpower to try to figure it out). If someone is willing to post them for me, PM me an email addy and I'll send them along.

Thanks so much!

The email address I use for "FAQ thread business" is beachclubdee at yahoo for people who want to contact me.

You can send them there.

:goodvibes:

Our room had a light on the makeup (magnifier) mirror in the bathroom...that's what we used, and it worked pretty well.

I usually leave the bathroom light on and close the door almost all the way...that way I can find it in the dark!!!

Great question and responses!

:idea:

Another light-related comment.

In the early morning hours when I wake before everyone else, I like to go out on the balcony with my coffee, phone, book and camera. But I have been dismayed that guests are unable to control when the balcony light is on or off, so I need to take my own reading light.

Not sure what hours the lights are on at night, but they are off by early morning.

:confused3

Ooh, ooh! Pick me, pick me!! I know the answer to this one.

Usually when I go with the family I never need a night light because I just slide the covers off of my husband and his neon white glow illuminates the room. For this last trip in August/September it was a girls trip so there was no Husband in the room but I did see a L.E.D. night light strip in the middle of the upper electrical outlet by the double sinks in the bathroom area.

It comes on automatically and it's not too bright. It does the job just right.

~NM
If my husband ever comes on here his screen name should be "Bro White"

For my next trick, I mean trip I'm headed to the Boardwalk Inn for 2 weeks (Club level) right after Thanksgiving til the second week in December using the Magical deal. Is there anyone else who is headed down that way and is staying at the Boardwalk inn? The Beach/Yacht club was unable to be magical during that time frame so that's why I'm at BWI. The first week will be a getaway with my glow in the dark husband, then the boys will fly down and join us for the second week.

We plan on spending a lot of time in Club Level as my husband wants to relax and spend a lot of time at the resort, so we will be around a lot, especially during that first week. The second week will be with the boys but I have a feeling they are going to ditch us as fast as they can, so who knows how the schedule will pan out for that week.

Chime in if any of our Beach Club/Yacht club groupies will be Magically transported over to the BWI and maybe we can have a Beach Club Dis Meet, maybe even in Club level if there are enough of us booking that!

~NM

Ooh, ooh! Pick me, pick me!! I know the answer to this one.

Usually when I go with the family I never need a night light because I just slide the covers off of my husband and his neon white glow illuminates the room. For this last trip in August/September it was a girls trip so there was no Husband in the room but I did see a L.E.D. night light strip in the middle of the upper electrical outlet by the double sinks in the bathroom area.

It comes on automatically and it's not too bright. It does the job just right.

~NM
If my husband ever comes on here his screen name should be "Bro White"

Best answer ever!!! lol

For my next trick, I mean trip I'm headed to the Boardwalk Inn for 2 weeks (Club level) right after Thanksgiving til the second week in December using the Magical deal. Is there anyone else who is headed down that way and is staying at the Boardwalk inn? The Beach/Yacht club was unable to be magical during that time frame so that's why I'm at BWI. The first week will be a getaway with my glow in the dark husband, then the boys will fly down and join us for the second week.

We plan on spending a lot of time in Club Level as my husband wants to relax and spend a lot of time at the resort, so we will be around a lot, especially during that first week. The second week will be with the boys but I have a feeling they are going to ditch us as fast as they can, so who knows how the schedule will pan out for that week.

Chime in if any of our Beach Club/Yacht club groupies will be Magically transported over to the BWI and maybe we can have a Beach Club Dis Meet, maybe even in Club level if there are enough of us booking that!

~NM

I would like to see your glowing husband in the BWI lounge. We are seriously considering the Magical deal for 12/4 - 12/9. Hanging in the lounge sounds perfect!

Hi everyone, just a quick question.

We are bearing down on our Beach Club dates and we are doing a first trip with a scooter. I was just browsing this thread and saw someone mention that YC was picked up first for the busses, and it hit me: are we going to have a hard time getting on a bus? I know they won't load you if people are already on the bus, and it seems there would always be someone already on the bus. :(

My mom is already apprehensive about the scooter, but due to advancing arthritis and bursitis, walking the parks is no longer possible for her. I'd love some insight, if you have any.

They were late for EVERYTHING, including reservations, and meeting up with the tour guide.

The thing that was angering me the most was the fact that she was the one who told me they could only go for a very very short amount of time, so I booked the tour guide to maximize the time in the parks. Then she complained they did not have time to shop or walk slowly around epcot, while we were paying over $300 an hour for a tour guide to take everyone on rides....then it was too rainy, too sunny, too hot, too cold, too crowded, too quiet. We had credits left over from dining, so of course 'the dining package was a waste of money'...We would have been fine if they were not always so late...

I am a punctual person, and people who are late drive me insane! Especially those who are perpetually late. I have 2 ways to deal with this. The first is that I purposely tell the person a time 15-30 minutes earlier than I really want to meet, so when they're ';late' they actually end up arriving when I want to see them .The second is that I just leave them behind. This is the approach I would have taken with your SIL: if she is late, then everyone just go on ahead and she can catch up when she is ready. This is why people have cell phones, right? It's not like she couldn't find you later.

Well, that is advice for another trip. I can see why she drove you nuts, and I am astounded at your patience. You really do deserve a wonderful trip to DL!

I would like to add that we enjoyed our stay at the Poly too.

Thank you for your review of the Poly. If I were ever to move away from YC/B/C, that is where I would go. It sounds like it was a rough part of your trip, particularly given the adjustment from your 12 hour flight. I'm surprised to hear that the pool water was so cold! I am a warm pool person myself, so that would be a big negative for me.

Great question and responses!

:idea:

Another light-related comment.

In the early morning hours when I wake before everyone else, I like to go out on the balcony with my coffee, phone, book and camera. But I have been dismayed that guests are unable to control when the balcony light is on or off, so I need to take my own reading light.

Not sure what hours the lights are on at night, but they are off by early morning.

:confused3
We searched high and low for a light switch but to no avail. It seems our bulb was out and we never got light on our balcony.

We are bearing down on our Beach Club dates and we are doing a first trip with a scooter. I was just browsing this thread and saw someone mention that YC was picked up first for the busses, and it hit me: are we going to have a hard time getting on a bus? I know they won't load you if people are already on the bus, and it seems there would always be someone already on the bus. :(

My mom is already apprehensive about the scooter, but due to advancing arthritis and bursitis, walking the parks is no longer possible for her. I'd love some insight, if you have any.

We have had a scooter in our party for the last 4-5 trips. We have chosen to stay at BWI and Yacht Club for all of those trips because of the fact that we can boat to 2 parks. As far as the bus situation goes... they will load the scooters in as long as the bus is not standing room only. Meaning as long as there is room to get the scooter in, people have to move so the scooter can fit. Also, There is usually room for 2-3 scooters depending on the type of bus. We had no problems at Yacht and I doubt you will have any trouble at Beach.

I'm thinking there is a bit of confusion about loading the scooter...what I remember is that when a bus pulls up to a stop (resort or park) if there are scooters or wheel chairs waiting, they will load first through the back door. Only the party of the scooter/chair person can board with them. Everyone else waits, some more patiently than others, and when the driver finishes loading, securing, and bringing up the ramp, then others may board through the front door. If there are people already sitting in the seats where the scooter will be loaded and secured, they must move to other seats. If you mom is apprehensive about driving the scooter on or off the bus, and can walk, the driver will drive it for her.

Thanks so much!

The email address I use for "FAQ thread business" is beachclubdee at yahoo for people who want to contact me.

You can send them there.

:goodvibes:

Thanks! You should get one email of details and four of pics (stupid gmail attachment limits) - turns out I took 19 pics. :-) If you need info/details on any of them, just let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter