Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! You should get one email of details and four of pics (stupid gmail attachment limits) - turns out I took 19 pics. :-) If you need info/details on any of them, just let me know.

Got 'em! Thanks!

No time to download now, though. Making dinner and then a meeting tonight.

:goodvibes:

I am a punctual person, and people who are late drive me insane! Especially those who are perpetually late. I have 2 ways to deal with this. The first is that I purposely tell the person a time 15-30 minutes earlier than I really want to meet, so when they're ';late' they actually end up arriving when I want to see them .The second is that I just leave them behind. This is the approach I would have taken with your SIL: if she is late, then everyone just go on ahead and she can catch up when she is ready. This is why people have cell phones, right? It's not like she couldn't find you later.

Well, that is advice for another trip. I can see why she drove you nuts, and I am astounded at your patience. You really do deserve a wonderful trip to DL!

She was holding back her family and no one met us at the meeting time....and trepan Edo does not seat you till your whole party has arrived...so we were stuck. Very annoying. The whole trip had stressful elements but also amazing ones...the rooms, the BC, the pool, seeing fireworks while riding big thunder, all amazing. The kids got to ride pretty much everything...they had fun...dad had a blast...success!

She was holding back her family and no one met us at the meeting time....and trepan Edo does not seat you till your whole party has arrived...so we were stuck. Very annoying. The whole trip had stressful elements but also amazing ones...the rooms, the BC, the pool, seeing fireworks while riding big thunder, all amazing. The kids got to ride pretty much everything...they had fun...dad had a blast...success!

I know exactly how you feel. My SIL did this on a trip to WDW, while we were staying at BC. Her family was ALWAYS late, making everyone else wait. We waited at Teppan Edo for them & when they finally arrived, my MIL (her mom) said something to her & SIL told us all to RELAX! She had no idea how much stress she caused the group :(

I look back on that trip & try to only remember how much the rest of my DH's family enjoyed it. There were a lot of wonderful memories :)

White Rose: why is your brother married to this shrew? I'm glad you were able to do this for your dad, but geez!

My SIL hates something so much and we made her bear it for a week. She did not make it easy on anyone, yes she is a royal PITA..she is still family. I would have dealt with it differently if the shoe was on the other foot...I would not have complained about a free trip.

Sigh. She raised 5 kids, and they are great kids. There are good things to say about her, I just will never ever go on vacation or plan a vacation involving her ever again.

Let's just say...It will be quite awhile till I spend a lot of time with her again. Lol.

My SIL hates something so much and we made her bear it for a week. She did not make it easy on anyone, yes she is a royal PITA..she is still family. I would have dealt with it differently if the shoe was on the other foot...I would not have complained about a free trip.

Sigh. She raised 5 kids, and they are great kids. There are good things to say about her, I just will never ever go on vacation or plan a vacation involving her ever again.

Let's just say...It will be quite awhile till I spend a lot of time with her again. Lol.
I think you are wise to not vacation with your SIL in the future. It sounds like you did a great job of carrying on despite all the
negativity.
Some people are best enjoyed in small doses. ;)

Last edited:
I'm thinking there is a bit of confusion about loading the scooter...what I remember is that when a bus pulls up to a stop (resort or park) if there are scooters or wheel chairs waiting, they will load first through the back door. Only the party of the scooter/chair person can board with them. Everyone else waits, some more patiently than others, and when the driver finishes loading, securing, and bringing up the ramp, then others may board through the front door. If there are people already sitting in the seats where the scooter will be loaded and secured, they must move to other seats. If you mom is apprehensive about driving the scooter on or off the bus, and can walk, the driver will drive it for her.

Not True!!!! The drivers are not supposed to drive the scooters for you. They are very helpful and very patient, but they don't drive the scooters up the ramp. If you had an experience where they did, they were overstepping their role and responsibilities.
Last year was my first time with a scooter. OP, I never had trouble getting on a bus at the BC stop.
Good Luck to your Mom.

Not True!!!! The drivers are not supposed to drive the scooters for you. They are very helpful and very patient, but they don't drive the scooters up the ramp. If you had an experience where they did, they were overstepping their role and responsibilities.
Last year was my first time with a scooter. OP, I never had trouble getting on a bus at the BC stop.
Good Luck to your Mom.

I've seen a driver help steer a scooter as the user had got themselves into an Austin Powers situation!
arguments_with_my_girlfriend-26438.gif

I've seen a driver help steer a scooter as the user had got themselves into an Austin Powers situation!

I agree. They are very helpful and in this situation I can see where they helped to steer. But they aren't allowed to actually drive it

Funny way to start the day!

On our first trip to the World, we stayed at CBR and bussed everywhere including DTD. I saw instances when the bus driver drove the scooter on and when the rider drove it on.

The only other thing I want to add is that the bus can only accommodate one scooter. I seem to remember two scooters and their parties waiting at DTD for the return trip to the resort and only one was able to get on the first bus.

We leave in exactly 2 weeks!!! Our first stay at the YC and our second foray into Food & Wine! My PTR is coming along nicely, I am starting to pack and make all those final lists. I just want to say that this thread has been so very helpful! Thank you all for being on here! If there is anything I can check on for anyone while I am there, feel free to let me know! Even though we are staying at YC, we may have to venture over to BC and meet Teena and give her a big hug! This group is just so great! :D:D:D

page 221-222

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list. Looks like a split, BC/BLT and Swan?

:cool1:

Thanks, Dee! Yep, it is a very convoluted split stay!! :rotfl: A friend had just enough points that had to be used at BLT in October for a GREAT price so we rented her points. Then we decided to add on a "few more days" at POFQ. But we realized after our California trip this summer we had enough SPG points for two nights at The Swan and then saw an AP rate for BC. :eek: Soooo... We are moving twice during our 10 night stay! MUCH happier being over at our favorite BC. :love:

We leave in exactly 2 weeks!!! Our first stay at the YC and our second foray into Food & Wine! My PTR is coming along nicely, I am starting to pack and make all those final lists. I just want to say that this thread has been so very helpful! Thank you all for being on here! If there is anything I can check on for anyone while I am there, feel free to let me know! Even though we are staying at YC, we may have to venture over to BC and meet Teena and give her a big hug! This group is just so great! :D:D:D

Hugs are good! I can use lots!! Going back to work on the 20th. I only work Sundays and Mondays. As of now, I will be there every Sunday and Monday until October 11th and 12th. I'm off those days.

Hugs are good! I can use lots!! Going back to work on the 20th. I only work Sundays and Mondays. As of now, I will be there every Sunday and Monday until October 11th and 12th. I'm off those days.

That is the Sunday and Monday we will be there. Sorry we will miss you! :hug:

We will be there the 27th and leaving the afternoon of the 28th - we will definitely come find you!

I think there are people you just can't travel with -- traveling in groups is hard and has to include the right mix of people. Can't choose family unfortunately! I give you credit, I think it would be hard for me to deal with it on my vacation! (We are not traveling with others LOL)

We will miss you Teena as we will be there this coming week. You've been in my thoughts and prayers and I appreciate so much your help as we planned our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter