Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Jellyrolls is loads of fun! There is a cover charge of $12 per person, everyday of the week. To guarantee a table, I recommend arriving no later than 9pm (8:30pm to be safe). If you don't mind not having a table, this is a non-issue. We absolutely love going and try to go at least once every trip. The guys are amazingly talented and loads of fun. Free popcorn too!

The Youtube videos I've seen make this place look brilliant. A more family friendly Howl at the Moon :)

...snip...I do want to share this bit of good news- Teena once again received the Presidents Volunteer Service Award for Service. It is wonderful that Teena is recognized for all of the time she spends helping out at Jeanne's school.
Congratulations to you Teena on the award. We know how special you are, it's nice to know others share in this same feeling.
Katesdad

I have found myself several pages behind on this thread, yet again. I have some time to catch up this morning.

I do want to share this bit of good news- Teena once again received the Presidents Volunteer Service Award for Service.

It is wonderful that Teena is recognized for all of the time she spends helping out at Jeanne's school.

:grouphug:

That's such a great honor! Teena, you are one special lady! Congratulations!

page 264-266

We stopped by Crews Cup for lunch yesterday and noticed that they are putting up a pretty large structure in the YC parking lot right across from the Conference Center. It looks like something permanent - anyone know what it is going to be?

BUMP!!!

Anyone have any info?

:thumbsup2

Hi there!

I have read most, but not all the information at the start of the thread so please forgive me if I missed the answer to this!!

We were thinking about a quick night or two stay at the Beach Club while visiting family in FL next June for a Disney fix and to enjoy Stormalong Bay! We would have 4 adults and two kids (ages 6 and 2). The Disney site allows me to book the Beach Club. Does this mean we will get a room with two queens and a daybed (I am planning on a pack and play for the baby)?

Thanks for the help!

:welcome: to this forum!

As others have indicated, a daybed is not guaranteed, but your family would have priority for a room with a daybed over a family who is just requesting one for convenience. That said, the room you book has to be able to provide a place to stay for everyone on the reservation, so if there is no daybed in the room, you would be provided with a rollaway cot.

If don't normally believe that a family of 5+ has to add a request for a daybed to their reservation, but it couldn't hurt to add "Daybed, please- four adults, 1 child, 1 toddler in room)

:goodvibes:

It's official, thanks to the discount released today. February 29 to March 4 for DH and me!!! Our daughter and her family relocated to Kissimmee from Wisconsin so we'll spend three nights with them before moving to BC. Too short of a time at BC, but I'll take what I can get.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Good morning! I will be following this thread in anticipation of our first YC stay! I'm slowly working my way through all of the wonderful information in this thread. May we be added to Be Our Guest?

Mar 12-Mar 19, 2016 CL

:welcome:

I am delighted to add you to the list!

party:

Just booked next year's trip! :cool1: We'll be at BCV August 7-14 so if you could please add us to the BOG list Dee? Only 317 days to go!:rotfl:

:welcome: back!!!

Will do!

:banana::banana::banana:

I am very excited to be staying at BC for our upcoming trip in October. We have never stayed here before but always wanted to during F&W. This was a last minute anniversary trip that my husband suggested so I jumped into ninja planning mode with very little time. I am trying to reduce the cost of our room stay - I'm not satisfied until I find a deal. Currently we have a 1 bedroom villa for the entire stay. I'm stalking the reservation website for a studio or standard room at BC or YC. I'd rather not stay at the Boardwalk as my kids will enjoy the pool at BC and YC better. I have also checked on DVC rentals for availability - even just a couple of nights during the stay. I did get one night at BC in a standard room with the fall discount but that was the only night available. I've called and asked for passholder discounts, friends & family discounts and Disney visa discounts. Am I missing anything else I could be checking?

Great place to be staying for F&W. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Nice job leaving no stone unturned looking for discounts. Sounds thorough to me, but if anyone has other ideas, please chime in.

:cheer2:

I changed the second half of our split stay - we are now doing 6 nights at BCV followed by another 6 nights at BLT next June. It feels so far away and I cannot wait! Staying at BCV is a surprise for my kids. They know we will be staying at a different resort before heading back to BLT, but they don't know which one. After watching some YouTube videos about the different resorts both of my kids have decided that they hope our first resort is....Beach Club! I'm glad, because I was worried seeing the animals at AKL would sway them, but they saw footage of Stormalong Bay and fell in love.

The whole trip will actually be a surprise, as they think we are not returning until June 2017. The fact that it does not seem suspicious at all to them that I would be actively planning a trip that is almost 2 years away speaks to the depth of my obsession. :rotfl:

:goodvibes

I just booked our next magical stay :rolleyes1 We'll be at Beach Club CL August 22-30, 2016! Dee, can you please add us to BOG? TIA :D

I actually booked us at the Poly first as I never imagined the kids (all boys 10 and under) would want to be off the monorail but man did they disagree! It was a unanimous decision between the three of them (hello lightening in a bottle) to stay at BC and they all had solid points, which included:
1.) they did not get enough arcade time there this summer
2.) walkability to Boardwalk Bakery (middle DS loves those Mickey-shaped muffins)
3.) SAB
4.) proximity to Epcot

So there you have it! We'll also be returning in 300ish days! ;)

Happy to add you to the list.

:woohoo:

One my students threw away a big plateful of paint and it somehow bounced back and splashed all over the wall above the garbage can in my classroom. I didn't notice until after the class left, so I called the student back to clean it. My instructions: "You need to wipe all this off before it dries, but that spot right there is a perfect mickey mouse head, so you can leave it. It makes me happy." The 11th grader cleaned it perfectly, being extra careful not to disturb the Mickey. :earboy2:

~Cari~ pluto:

Picture?

::MickeyMo

I have a question about freezers. I know the room fridges don't have them, but is there one at bell services? My concern is that we will be traveling with my daughter's medication which must be kept cold. So, we will need to freeze the travel ice pack before we depart. If I take it to bell services the day before, will they freeze it for me?

I am pretty sure Bell Services can help you with that but hopefully someone can cofirm that for us.

::yes::

page 267-269

Am so excited, now booked for 8 nights in 2016, 27 November - 3 December, at the YC in a lagoon view CL room. My first ever CL stay was at the YC in 2006 so it's a long time since I've stayed there, looking forward to returning and hoping the refurb will be completed by then.

I am SO VERY EXCITED to share that, thanks to the 2016 military rates being released yesterday, I was able to upgrade my resort for next year's solo trip! I will be staying in a Garden view room at THE BEACH CLUB, October 22-28, 2016! YAY!!! :hyper: Would love to be added to this thread's "Be Our Guest" list!

:welcome: and thank you for your family's service.

:woohoo:

Does anyone know if the FP texting service is till going on at the BC CL?

BUMP!

Haven't heard anything lately.

:confused3

Natebenma,
Would you add us to the Be Our Guest List? Thanks!:goodvibes
YC CL April 16-21, 2016. So excited to visit our happy place again! :beach:

:welcome: back!!!

You bet!

We switched from BC standard to YC garden using the RO discount for our Feb stay for PHM and DGS 6th bday. I was totally stressing out about the possiblity of no balcony at BC but now I am better as we have stayed YC garden before. We have 2 rooms and this will be our 4th stay at YC in just the past 2 1/2 years. We love BW area, we stayed at AKL in August and didn't like being so far out and not be able to walk to 3 parks. We usually do not take bus to MK, it is easier for us to walk through EPCOT to monorail.

:goodvibes

I just set up transportation with Ed Korgan Travel for our upcoming trip. He was such a nice guy to talk to on the phone. Thanks for the recommendation!

He's a talker!!! Let me know how it works out for you!

:thumbsup2

We changed our resort from AKL to BC. I am excited. The dates are 12/11--12/19. It will be our first time at BC.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cheer2:

:yay::yay:

Just booked YC for our PHM trip...Feb 18-22, 2016!

7th PHM and second GSC...here we come!

I'll add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

We are here now. Saw Teena this afternoon! BC has been great. We are on the EPCOT side on the first floor. Not loving the first floor, but the room is nice.

We had a rough start to our trip, though. Got some bad news from a family member. Older sister lost her job on Friday. Boo! Then my sweet 13 year old (the nutty professor) lost her new iPhone somewhere between the plane and rental car. She was distraught, we are upset with her not being more careful and I feel like a moron for not getting the insurance on it. It's disabled and reported lost/stolen, so it's useless to anyone. Not the way to start a trip.

Anyway, we are having a fun time. More later!

Sorry for the rough patches at the beginning of the trip. Hoping your daughter gets her phone back. What a bummer! :headache:

The threads are suggesting that towel characters are going away at all Disney properties? Any truth to this at Beach or Yacht club?

Is anybody on site to report current findings? I would be very sad if the removal of towel characters is true... This was a part of the magic we enjoyed at the deluxe resorts.

As others have indicated, they are gone :(

Do you have an upcoming stay booked at the resort?

We are officially booked for the end of August 2016 at our new favorite resort the Yacht Club!! We were there last month and had the most amazing time. Everyone here has been so incredibly helpful! We were joined by another family and I was the unofficial guide thanks to the knowledge I gained from all of you.

You had previously posted dates of Aug 26-Sept 1. Are those still correct?

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

I finally had a chance to update the Be Our Guest list from the past week. If your info is missing or if you want to add additional details, please post.

I apologize if any of you are missing- I may have misplaced some of my notes, but I tried to go back and catch everyone.

:faint:

22ish hours to go until we arrive at the BC!!! If I didn't have to work all night tonight until 7am tomorrow morning, I'd be too excited to sleep anyway.

Sleep? Who needs sleep? I can sleep any old time. This is vacation people!

Then again, I may just walk in tonight and quit immediately, in an effort to fulfill my life's dream of becoming a Jungle Cruise boat captain at WDW. The emergency room pushed me a little too far last night, if they push me any farther.....no x-rays for them and its not my problem.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

I finally had a chance to update the Be Our Guest list from the past week. If your info is missing or if you want to add additional details, please post.

I apologize if any of you are missing- I may have misplaced some of my notes, but I tried to go back and catch everyone.

:faint:

Add me please! Doing my 1st split stay Yacht Club August 19 - 23, 2016!!! Then on to the Polynesian Aug. 23 -27, 2016!

I have found myself several pages behind on this thread, yet again. I have some time to catch up this morning.

I do want to share this bit of good news- Teena once again received the Presidents Volunteer Service Award for Service.

It is wonderful that Teena is recognized for all of the time she spends helping out at Jeanne's school.

View attachment 126406

A little birdie sent this great picture to me.

:grouphug:

Congratulations Teena! Well Done! Well deserved award.

We are officially booked for the end of August 2016 at our new favorite resort the Yacht Club!! We were there last month and had the most amazing time. Everyone here has been so incredibly helpful! We were joined by another family and I was the unofficial guide thanks to the knowledge I gained from all of you.

You had previously posted dates of Aug 26-Sept 1. Are those still correct?

We actually changed to Aug 25th - Sept 1st - Thanks Dee! :)

Any tips for those of us staying at the Beach Club with kids?
Do you bring your own sand toys for Stormalong Bay? Are there any special activities for teens or little ones?

Hey all, hoping someone can help me out. I booked a standard view room at the BC for this weekend. I went to MDE and it says Lagoon or Pool View. I can't afford that category and why did they change it without my knowledge? Thanks, Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter