Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if Disney offers military discounts on merchandise throughout the parks and resorts? We are traveling with friends in 3 weeks and she was wondering as she got 2 different answers when she called to find out - shocker I know!!

Others have answered but I'll add some of the tours give them. I know when we did the Behind the Seeds the options for discount were Military (which my son had) AP (which I had) Chase (which I had). All of them were the same discount % so we went with AP.

Agree about the Swan/Dolphin, just be sure when you do your comparison to factor in the daily service fee and self park fee if driving

I agree with this, check carefully. I actually had my trip that I just got back from on Sunday, originally booked at Swan. AP discounts came out and I got YC for less after I factored in daily fee and parking.

Is there anyone at BC now who can report on the bus stop situation? Is it necessary to use the shuttle to get to it or is it not really that far of a walk? We were looking forward to the bus monitor TV's, is there something like that set up? (I read somewhere about a CM with an ipad stationed there?) Is there seating? We're value folks most of the time, so we were hoping for the deluxe amenity of seating at the bus stops.

This is putting a damper on our upcoming trip and so I'm hoping someone can tell me that it's really not the big deal I'm making it out to be!

I'm not there right now, but just back on Saturday from a stay at the Yacht Club. Our bus to Disney Springs went to Beach Club too. The bus stop is at the far end of the parking lot as has been reported. If you need the shuttle will be very individualized. Certainly people have been walking from that parking lot to the lobby for years. The stop is on the far walkway along the villas building. So the walk from the lobby is shorter than walking into the International Gateway, for example. Probably also less than you will walk to the entrance to MK when you get there.

We went by at about 4pm & there was a CM there with an iPad. In over 15 years staying at Y&B, I have never seen CMs at the stops that late in the day, so I think they must be there most of the time. I am pretty sure I did see some metal benches there, but wan't paying that much attention so certainly not positive. Even if there are benches, there are only a few anyway. Even at the regular bus stops, there isn't seating for everyone waiting. Most people have to stand at busy times.

Has the DIS been EXTREMELY slow the last few days or is it just me??? :headache:

The other sites I use seem to be working normally, but I have been really frustrated here because it takes forever for me to go from page to page.

Can a couple of people post their experiences since yesterday to let me know if you are having the same responsiveness as always or the issues like I am having.

THANKS!

:thanks:

It hasn't been slow for me.

Dee mine is going in and out, sometimes it almost stops and locks up and sometimes it runs great. I even switched browsers, but I'm at work (shhhh don't tell my boss) and it could be our server.

That is exactly what it is doing. It's weird, because everything else seems to be working ok.

I'm hoping this is temporary and I don't have to use my last resort option- asking my husband to take a look. He is a software developer with a penchant for rolling his eyes when I have a computer problem. I have already tried his fail-safe solution of turning off and turning on the computer repeatedly.

:sad2:

Okay, the more I read the more confused I become. Is the YACHT CLUB bus stop closed or is it the Beach Club one? I'm riding that the YC one has been refurbished already and then I see stuff about the convention center.....

That is exactly what it is doing. It's weird, because everything else seems to be working ok.

I'm hoping this is temporary and I don't have to use my last resort option- asking my husband to take a look. He is a software developer with a penchant for rolling his eyes when I have a computer problem. I have already tried his fail-safe solution of turning off and turning on the computer repeatedly.

:sad2:

Are you using a laptop or desktop? Is it wired or wireless to the internet? Having problems accessing other websites?

Okay, the more I read the more confused I become. Is the YACHT CLUB bus stop closed or is it the Beach Club one? I'm riding that the YC one has been refurbished already and then I see stuff about the convention center.....

AFAIK, the YC stop is currently operating normally.

The YC stop has been temporarily moved a number of times since this summer. Not sure if it was a refurbishment and/or due to the expansion work on the Convention Center.

Right now, I believe it is the BC stop that is temporarily relocated, scheduled until Oct 7 according to what I have seen.

:)

Are you using a laptop or desktop? Is it wired or wireless to the internet? Having problems accessing other websites?

Laptop, wireless, other websites are not giving me the same issues.

I'll try using a wired connection for a while to see how that does. Actually the last hour has been a little better, but the delayed response is driving me crazy!!!

Thanks for your concern.

:goodvibes

Has the DIS been EXTREMELY slow the last few days or is it just me??? :headache:

The other sites I use seem to be working normally, but I have been really frustrated here because it takes forever for me to go from page to page.

Can a couple of people post their experiences since yesterday to let me know if you are having the same responsiveness as always or the issues like I am having.

THANKS!

Dee, It was awful yesterday, but seems to have cleaned up its act this morning.

Just wanted to let you know I got my bill and YC room 3185 is a pool/water view, king bed. I booked standard and got upgraded, no extra cost. I posted pictures of the view and the room earlier but Dee if you want them again I can post them again.

Just wanted to let you know I got my bill and YC room 3185 is a pool/water view, king bed. I booked standard and got upgraded, no extra cost. I posted pictures of the view and the room earlier but Dee if you want them again I can post them again.

Thanks for letting us know. I have (or will copy) the pictures and put the room in the View thread as WV. That's good, I think people suspected it was at least a garden view.

:thumbsup2

Laptop, wireless, other websites are not giving me the same issues.

I'll try using a wired connection for a while to see how that does. Actually the last hour has been a little better, but the delayed response is driving me crazy!!!

Thanks for your concern.

:goodvibes

That is one short trip...

You could also try using a different browser to see if that helps. Sometimes certain browsers are behind when it comes to working nicely with software updates on sites, usually security updates...

~NM

THANKS!

When I'm on my phone I have zero problems. I was working on my desktop two days ago, (Chrome) and it was painfully slow. I jumped back on my phone instead. ::yes::

That is one short trip...

You could also try using a different browser to see if that helps. Sometimes certain browsers are behind when it comes to working nicely with software updates on sites, usually security updates...

~NM

Yes, indeed, a very short trip. In fact I think I bypassed that stop a LONG time ago!

:dance3:

Thanks for your input. I bet that has a lot to do with it. Good ole Internet Explorer!

:badpc:

Not that I would discourage staying at BC/YC, because I could not, but it might be worthwhile to also check the teacher rates at Swan/Dolphin. There is no stormalong bay, but does have a nice pool area and the discounts can be awesome. That might make staying in that area and getting two rooms a little more affordable. Just an option - we've had wonderful vacations at each of the properties in Epcot's back yard and each has its advantages.

Thanks for the information - I didn't know that about the Swan and Dolphin! I know that for one sister - the one who set things in motion - it has been a dream of hers to stay at the BC/YC, and she's saved for a long time to go all out - so I don't think that she will be deterred! However, it may be a less expensive option for others who want to go on the trip but maybe want to save a bit - although we wouldn't be able to hang out at the pool together - in any case, people will have to decide how they want to do things! But thanks again for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter