Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well, it's official! I may end up incarcerated or institutionalized before we get to Disney. My aforementioned DMIL had her FastPass window open this morning and since she couldn't add herself to our FEA reservation, she cancelled the one we had made, and made another at the same time we have dinner booked in a totally different park. To top it all off, since she couldn't change our 4yo DS FastPass, we then had a Fast Pass for him alone and another for the rest of us hours later.

My wife is about to take away my car keys...

Omg! Sounds like it's time for a come - to - Jesus family meeting. Good luck with the trip!

Adding another night to our stay, will now arrive late, like after midnight. Right now we are at CR, but when I try to add the earlier night nothing available but a suite with the passholder rate. Booked the now arrival night at POP at rack rate, with four adults (kids are all in college now) the rate with tax is $168. YC garden view is available for all three nights with passholder rate, would actually come out around $75 cheaper than two nights at CR one night at Pop. My concern is how are the YC rooms holding up? It's been ages since we've stayed there (think huge console TVs on the dresser!)

While we are eagerly anticipating a refurbed YC room, I would have no problems booking 3 nights at YC versus a split stay somewhere else. The rooms are clean and it's our favorite resort. Yes, it could use a refurb but still a great location, clean and great staff.

All in all, we had a very good stay. There were some signs of wear in the room: the shower pull in the tub was temperamental. Needed to get the balcony door in just the right position for it to lock. And as we left yesterday morning, I noticed a pretty good sized chunk missing from the ceiling trim on the balcony. The room was clean tho, cast members we encountered were all friendly, (except 1 housekeeper near the pool). We were disappointed that there were very few USA Today's around. The club level had plenty of NY Times & Wall Street Journals, but 2 of our 3 mornings, no USA Today. Didn't see them at the bell stand where they used to have them or on other floors either. We had stayed main building at GF before YC & they seemed to have plenty there.

We had some pool time but even noticed some problems there. It has been mentioned that the whirlpool wasn't working. The bubbling waters weren't (but I think that has only been working once in the last several years we've been there) & even no sinking sands! Thankfully, the lazy river was flowing & loved the warm water. We found chairs ok but you could tell there was saving of chairs & tables going on. Most of the tables & lounge chairs in the shade had stuff on them. But there were maybe 30 people in the pool.

I really can't wait to see the refurb. Can't say we'll keep booking club level tho. Just not worth the costs anymore. I like doing my own ADRs, no need to check in at the desk anymore, there are no special toiletries for club level, we don't drink & DH doesn't like most of the appetizers. Boy, doesn't sound like we had a good trip, but we did. We still love YC & will just book waterview. I just hope management gets on top of these things before they get worse.

I hope everyone down there now has a great time!!!

If I had read this first, I wouldn't have replied about the state of the YC rooms. We were making the same points. lol. We stayed at BC last month and loved the new rooms but missed the location/lobby and guarantee of full balcony at our favorite resort, YC. Keeping our fingers crossed that the renovations are done at YC by next August.

Home from our trip & I'm exhausted! The heat & humidity really got to me the last 2 days. We had a waterview club room that had a different set up. We have had this room once before but I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it here before. It was room 5173. It is 2 rooms from the club cast member prep room, but it was very quiet. Heard a bit of noise from the other guests in the hallway & room next door, but really never enough to be disturbed by it. This room has only 1 queen bed, but it has both the daybed & an oversized chair. Pretty sure the chair pulls out to a small bed. So there are actually 3 sleep surfaces. There is a full curtain between the bed & the daybed. This room would be very nice for a family that wants seperate beds for 2 kids. There was lots of floor space & would probably work well with a crib too. I took a few pictures. Trying to post but giving me problems.

Is that curtain between the day beds and the queen beds in all the rooms? I don't like it and would not want it in my room. Or only the rooms with one queen bed?

Oh, darn, I think I missed the chance to wish you a fabulous trip- hope it is most magical for you.

:banana::banana::banana:

That stinks about Garden Grocer. I appreciate you posting about this change to warn everyone.

:headache:

I know someone answered but the map is also on the Beach Club post 8 on page 1 for everyone's convenience.

:thumbsup2

No unfortunately we don't have the same type of map for the yacht club.

As far as I know the gv rooms overlook the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard, the wedding gazebo or tennis court.

:)

I am thrilled to find someone else that says the back entrance is the lakeside entrance. I have friends that say the car pull up is the back. To which I reply, where in the world at any hotel do you pull up to the back entrance. You always enter from the FRONT. :)

Is that curtain between the day beds and the queen beds in all the rooms? I don't like it and would not want it in my room. Or only the rooms with one queen bed?

I've only ever seen the curtain in that room. And we have stayed at YC, mostly club level, anywhere from 1 to 3 times a year for over 15 years. So that's a lot of rooms! And room 5173 is the only room I have seen that has the set up with only the one queen bed. Every other room has been 2 queens or a king.

Edit to add: the curtain pushed back quite far & didn't block light in the room or get in the way at all. I just pulled it half way across the room to take the picture.

I've only ever seen the curtain in that room. And we have stayed at YC, mostly club level, anywhere from 1 to 3 times a year for over 15 years. So that's a lot of rooms! And room 5173 is the only room I have seen that has the set up with only the one queen bed. Every other room has been 2 queens or a king.

Edit to add: the curtain pushed back quite far & didn't block light in the room or get in the way at all. I just pulled it half way across the room to take the picture.

Thanks we now have DVC since 2000 and have not stayed at the YC in some time. But might for a conference next summer. I am hoping the rehab will be done by then.

Very few rooms have that set up. A regular room with two queens and a daybed wouldn't have it.

I am thrilled to find someone else that says the back entrance is the lakeside entrance. I have friends that say the car pull up is the back. To which I reply, where in the world at any hotel do you pull up to the back entrance. You always enter from the FRONT. :)
Lots of people on this thread call the lake side entrance the back entrance. I am like your friend and was taught that the principal facade of a building that faces a lake, river, etc, was called the front of the building. And the ugly side, the side with the door that entered the back of the building, was the back of the building. And the pretty entrance of the Beach Club is the lake side. And the ugly side of the Beach Club is the parking lot side. So to me the front is the lake side. But most people here see it the way you do. :)

Last edited:

Lots of people on this thread call the lake side entrance the back entrance. I am like your friend and was taught that the principal facade of a building that faces a lake, river, etc, was called the front of the building. And the ugly side, the side with the door that entered the back of the building, was the back of the building. And the pretty entrance of the Beach Club is the lake side. And the ugly side of the Beach Club is the parking lot side. So to me the front is the lake side. But most people here see it the way you do. :)

I always try to specify what I am referring to when I describe that entrance/facade because of the (understandable) confusion.

I believe there was once a debate here about back/front, but it was friendly and polite exchange if I remember correctly- just the way we like it here.

::yes::

page 677-678

Just popping in to say "Thank You" once again to Dee and all the contributors on this great thread. Today's the last day of work and I'll be back in my Happy Place on Sunday. I can't wait for our "No Repeat" ADR tour, the Star Wars Dessert Party, FEA (2 FP+), breakfast at BOG before park opening, and the choc/peanut butter cake from Y&BC Fine Dining on arrival night (surprise for my DH for once again putting up with my Disney obsession)!

I received the following email from Garden Grocer this morning and even though I ordered a few months ago, my delivery to BCV is impacted by their change in delivery times. Not sure if this has already been posted but just in case:

We apologize for the late notice and inconvenience this may cause you. We need to update you on delivery changes to Disney’s Beach Club Villas Resort. Moving forward we will only be delivering to these resorts during the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. ALL orders placed before these changes will now be delivered between the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. We appreciate your business and please call customer service at 866-855-4350 for any questions or concerns.

I've promised DH to unplug while we are there but will post Studio pics once we return. TTFN!

Oh, darn, I think I missed the chance to wish you a fabulous trip- hope it is most magical for you.

:banana::banana::banana:

That stinks about Garden Grocer. I appreciate you posting about this change to warn everyone.

:headache:

It's our last full day today, so we're kind of winging it, something we hardly ever do. Hadn't made any fastpasses but knew we needed to go to Epcot for our 3rd visit to get our food & wine AP glasses. Found a Soarin fast pass for 1:30. Thought we'd start in MK, got to bus stop just before 10. After waiting 15 minutes; seeing the bus still 20 minutes away & the crowd for the bus growing, we decided to just go right to Epcot. Great decision! We encountered one of those wonderful, surprise magical moments. The Tennessee State Marching band made it's way thru Epcot & performed near the waters of the world fountain. Probably 300 kids at least. They were wonderful!! Love coming upon these unexpected treasures!

That is cool! What a fantastic "go-with-the-flow" day.

:goodvibes

We'll be at BC! Nov 18-20.

Thanks! I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to touch base about our recent stay at the BC. We were originally were going to stay for 10 nights at the BC. Right before the trip, I changed it to 5 nights at the BC and 5 nights at the Poly. We thoroughly enjoyed both resorts. I asked everyone in the family which resort they liked better and out of 5 people, my one daughter said the BC and everyone else said they loved both of them the same. The BC was a fantastic resort. Thanks for the info on the "side entrance" 1501. We used it every time we went to Epcot. The pool at the BC was absolutely awesome (not that you all don't know that already), we especially loved the lazy river, hurray for the deep water, don't like lazy rivers with 4 ft deep of water. The resort had a great feel and was in a fantastic location. I have to mention the one thing that stands out about the beautiful rooms at the BC, OMG the beds were absolutely the BEST. The most comfortable sleep I have had forever. The beds were the most comfortable and the mattresses must of cost thousands. No negatives about the resort, we were very happy and going to the Poly and then doing our MK days when we stayed there was great as well. Happy planning everyone, hoping to be back in 2017:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your review!

:thumbsup2

We will be staying at Beach Club Villas in February - our first stay there and we're very excited! I have a question re: luggage for a split stay. I added on a night at the beginning of our stay. We will be staying at All Star Movies on 2/19/17 and transferring to BCV on 2/20/16. I believe I can leave luggage with bell services at All Star Movies on the morning of 2/20/17 to have luggage transferred to BCV - my question is this: when we go to BCV at 4:00 to check in, will our bags be at bell services at Beach Club by then? We'd like to use the pool as soon as we check in.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

I'll echo what others have said, keep your swimwear with you so you know you they will be available.

:fish:

Adding another night to our stay, will now arrive late, like after midnight. Right now we are at CR, but when I try to add the earlier night nothing available but a suite with the passholder rate. Booked the now arrival night at POP at rack rate, with four adults (kids are all in college now) the rate with tax is $168. YC garden view is available for all three nights with passholder rate, would actually come out around $75 cheaper than two nights at CR one night at Pop. My concern is how are the YC rooms holding up? It's been ages since we've stayed there (think huge console TVs on the dresser!)

Let us know if you switch over to the YC.

natebenma, My TA worked her magic and we are now switched to YC, no having to change from Pop to CR and now! The funniest part is that the YC discount must be better than that for the CR. It actually looks like three nights at YC garden view (which is fine) is around $75 less than a rack rate room at Pop and two nights Lake view tower room at CR. The savings will cover valet if I need it since we're checking in after midnight on Thursday night. Please add us to your list! Looking forward to staying here, it's been ages since we've stayed at YC!

page 679-681

This thread has been wonderful for us and our upcoming vacation planning. Thank you all! November 29th can't come soon enough! :-)

:hug:
AGREED! Always learing something helpful for trip planning! :thumbsup2:disrocks:

:hug:

Awww!!! Thank you both for the kind words!

:goodvibes

Home from our trip & I'm exhausted! The heat & humidity really got to me the last 2 days. We had a waterview club room that had a different set up. We have had this room once before but I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it here before. It was room 5173. It is 2 rooms from the club cast member prep room, but it was very quiet. Heard a bit of noise from the other guests in the hallway & room next door, but really never enough to be disturbed by it. This room has only 1 queen bed, but it has both the daybed & an oversized chair. Pretty sure the chair pulls out to a small bed. So there are actually 3 sleep surfaces. There is a full curtain between the bed & the daybed. This room would be very nice for a family that wants seperate beds for 2 kids. There was lots of floor space & would probably work well with a crib too. I took a few pictures. Trying to post but giving me problems.

Thank you so much for the review of your trip and the description/pictures of your very unique room. I'm going to add a post to the YC Room Views/Description thread with your info if you don't mind.

I really like that room setup for the right trip, like an anniversary trip without kids. In October. Celebrating 30 years. Just sayin'...

natebenma, My TA worked her magic and we are now switched to YC, no having to change from Pop to CR and now! The funniest part is that the YC discount must be better than that for the CR. It actually looks like three nights at YC garden view (which is fine) is around $75 less than a rack rate room at Pop and two nights Lake view tower room at CR. The savings will cover valet if I need it since we're checking in after midnight on Thursday night. Please add us to your list! Looking forward to staying here, it's been ages since we've stayed at YC!

Awesome!!!

I'll add you to the list for October.

:woohoo:

Thank you so much for the review of your trip and the description/pictures of your very unique room. I'm going to add a post to the YC Room Views/Description thread with your info if you don't mind.

I really like that room setup for the right trip, like an anniversary trip without kids. In October. Celebrating 30 years. Just sayin'...

Please use what ever you'd like Dee. Happy to contribute a little back to this great & helpful thread.

That room served us well for our anniversary trip (38 years), so I'm sure it would be great for yours too! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if Disney offers military discounts on merchandise throughout the parks and resorts? We are traveling with friends in 3 weeks and she was wondering as she got 2 different answers when she called to find out - shocker I know!!

Does anyone know if Disney offers military discounts on merchandise throughout the parks and resorts? We are traveling with friends in 3 weeks and she was wondering as she got 2 different answers when she called to find out - shocker I know!!
I've not heard of any merchandise discounts.
The Armed Forces Salute is a very good discount on tickets.
Steve of Military Tips Blog has a list of places in Disney Springs that may have discounts. Your friends may want to ask first, as the list is from Oct 2015.
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Military-Discounts/Downtown-Disney-Military-Discounts.html

So, I've asked in the shops about military discounts and the official answer is no they do not offer military discounts on merchandise in the Disney owned shops, I have found some of the non-Disney owned restaurants and shops do offer a military discount (Raglan Road, Ghirardelli, Wolfgang Puck, Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex, Basin, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter