Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 963-965

I don't think I would want a patio near that. :rotfl2:

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

:cool1:

This is more of a magic band question, but we are staying at the BC. We booked last minute and our TA said to have magic bands shipped to the BC if I was concerned they wouldn't arrive to my house in time (it's 7/24 and we are leaving 7/31). She said this way we could still have them customized. When I went to look up the BC address, it said that since it's a convention hotel I would be charged for any 'shipments' that were addressed to me and that I would need to pick the package up at the convention center. I'm not sure if that's totally out of my way during check-in, but it sounds like one extra step I don't want to take after a long day of traveling and two kids that want to hop in the pool! Did anyone ever have their magic bands shipped to the hotel? Is there a better forum for asking magic band questions because I also want to know if I choose not to customize, will they just be waiting for me at check-in? And on MDE they are showing pre-selected colors for our bands...are those the actual colors I will get if I don't customize? I only ever picked up bands at the hotel one other time when we were there for a Pop Warner event and they were all grey bands because we couldn't customize through the group. I would be fine with the colors showing up on MDE, but don't want grey!

:welcome:

I'll add you onto the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

I don't really have the answers to your question, although BuzzyBelle gave some insight.

Anyone else have any words of wisdom.

And yes, as you noted in a later post, your previous bands should still be active if you want to use them.

:goodvibes

We just booked rooms for next May. For my room, the confirmation says garden view, roll-in shower, two queens and a day bed. However, in my MDE account it says roll-in shower, one queen bed, a day bed and a sleeper chair, I booked a garden view, two queen, day bed and roll-in shower room last year but the actual room received was what appears in my MDE account. That room was in a great location. Would I be correct in assuming that the day bed, sleeper chair, one queen and roll-in shower is what we will actually get? That is fine with us but since there are not many roll-in shower rooms, I am also thinking that it might be the same actual room? And that would be very nice.

It is possible you will get the same room, but it may be a bit far out for you to be blocked into a room.

There is a detailed map of room types on Page 1, Post 8 (Beach Club), that lists the room types, so it may give you an idea of how many rooms fit into the category you booked.

::yes::

It's been a crazy few weeks since our trip and I'm just now getting around to posting a short review and room pics.

Thanks so much for sharing the review of your trip and the pictures from your rooms.

If you are able to add your pictures/descriptions to the view thread, I would appreciate it!

:thumbsup2

I would offer to do it, but man, I am finding it so hard to catch up here!

:faint:

That iron and ironing board seem to be taking up a lot of space. (In the photo above the safe.) I wonder how many people iron when they're on vacation. If they made it "iron and ironing board available on request" I wonder how much employee time would be involved in bringing those items to the guests who need them.

Me!! I iron on vacation! They really don't take up much space either. The board does have it's own shelf. There is lots of room on the shelf with the iron for other stuff. But there are lots of other shelfs & storage in the closet & dresser. Actually, the ironing board is much more convenient than it used to be. Instead of having to find a place to set up a full board, you just slide this one out & unfold. I always found it annoying having a big board in the closet taking up valuable floor space. I really like the new set up.

Not to disappoint, but to help with expectations --- the area near the IG where the Gondolas are being built is already behind construction walls.
I thought I saw them on other visitors You Tube videos. Do you have any idea if they have broken ground there yet?

Me!! I iron on vacation! They really don't take up much space either. The board does have it's own shelf. There is lots of room on the shelf with the iron for other stuff. But there are lots of other shelfs & storage in the closet & dresser. Actually, the ironing board is much more convenient than it used to be. Instead of having to find a place to set up a full board, you just slide this one out & unfold. I always found it annoying having a big board in the closet taking up valuable floor space. I really like the new set up.
Me I do laundry and iron whilst on holiday, can often be found in the laundry room with an ice beverage or two and a good book half way through our stay.

PLUS- you forgot about the possibility of in-room grilled cheese.

Unwrap slices of cheese, place between two pieces of Wonderbread, cover in aluminum foil, iron until toasted.

This explains the old grease stains on some of the ironing board covers we've seen in the past:crazy: Almost as crazy as those folks who cooked hotdogs in the old style coffee makers, that's one way to annoy me while I'm making my coffee on a morning. I don't love the smell of hot dogs lingering in the room. I'm getting :offtopic: sorry!

PLUS- you forgot about the possibility of in-room grilled cheese.

Unwrap slices of cheese, place between two pieces of Wonderbread, cover in aluminum foil, iron until toasted.

So much for the "irons in a hotel room are a waste of space" theory.

Then there's the "hotel rooms should have clocks" theory.

And the "hotel rooms in Florida should have ceiling fans" theory.

And the "hotel rooms should have carpeting" theory

To bring it back on topic:

Irons & ironing boards:
Yacht Club - yes
Beach Club - yes
Beach Club Villas - yes

Clocks in the room:
Yacht Club - only upon request
Beach Club - only upon request
Beach Club Villas - I don't know if they will even bring it if you request it, but there's a clock on the microwave

Ceiling fans:
Yacht Club refurbished rooms - no
Beach Club refurbished rooms - ?
Beach Club Villas refurbished rooms - ?

Carpeting:

I suppose the other Compare And Contract issues are:
- balconies
- bathtubs
- beds
- coffeemakers

Not that I need the answers to these things. I'm just procrastinating.

Last edited:

So much for the "irons in a hotel room are a waste of space" theory.

Then there's the "hotel rooms should have clocks" theory.

And the "hotel rooms in Florida should have ceiling fans" theory.

And the "hotel rooms should have carpeting" theory

To bring it back on topic:

Irons & ironing boards:
Yacht Club - yes
Beach Club - yes
Beach Club Villas - yes

Clocks in the room:
Yacht Club - only upon request
Beach Club - only upon request
Beach Club Villas - I don't know if they will even bring it if you request it, but there's a clock on the microwave

Ceiling fans:

Carpeting:

I suppose the other Compare And Contract issues are:
- balconies
- bathtubs
- beds
- coffeemakers

Not that I need the answers to these things. I'm just procrastinating.

Refurbished Beach Club Villas do not have either carpeting or ceiling fans. No clocks and I don't know if they would bring them on request but I would think yes. They all have full balconies of varying sizes. 1 &2 BR Villas have soaking tubs. All Villas have Mr Coffee type coffee makers.

Page 966-967

Just booked a birthday trip for Labor Day weekend. Never stayed here before but wanted to be close to Epcot for F&W, which we also have never been to.

Love living in Florida. 3rd Disney trip in 3 years!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I am going to start paying more attention to this thread. We are booked for a 2 BR BCV in April! This will be our first stay at Beach Club and we are looking forward to it!

I"ll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Returned last night from 5 glorious nights at the Beach Club. The post trip depression is real! Thoughts and opinions:

*snip*

Thank you so much for your review. I'll add your room comments to the view thread.

:cool2:

Hello All! We are currently 21 days until we arrive BUT we are booked at CBR. I am convinced DH to switch to YC. Long story: We were in a car accident, we got hurt, probably will not be able to ride most of the rides..sob..sob..sob. So, I asked for a bit of pixie dust to make up for being hurt. I have never stayed at YC and wonder if walking around YC and BC is nice stroll or a short marathon. Any tips would be helpful. Our Magic Bands are on their way to us. Do I need to do anything with them to have them switched to YC? I am so giddy with excitement :)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest.

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you are able to proceed with your trip, but what a bummer that you will be limited from enjoying some of the attractions.

Hopefully the convenience of walking to EPCOT and the close proximity of HS by boat or by foot will be a great advantage for you.

If pool time is in your plans, you have made an excellent choice.

:fish:

My 2 DD and I are traveling in Sept to YC and would prefer 3 sleeping spaces in a standard room. What are the bed options and what should I request, i.e. 2 queens and a daybed -if that exists?

Yes, add a request for daybed to your reservation by calling Disney's Central Reservations Office (or have your travel agent do it if you booked that way)

::yes::

It is possible you will get the same room, but it may be a bit far out for you to be blocked into a room.

There is a detailed map of room types on Page 1, Post 8 (Beach Club), that lists the room types, so it may give you an idea of how many rooms fit into the category you booked.

Thanks. From my research, the YC has ten designated handicapped rooms and only two that match this particular bedding description. One is the room I had last year and the other is CL. So, while I will not count on it as a sure thing, it seems likely it will be the same room.

Can you add me to the list for the YC from May 6, 2018 to May 15, 2018? Thanks.

Need some advice. We arrive on 8/22 at approx. 4pm to MCO. I have been tracking the flights and sometimes they are late (up to 4 hrs late-most likely weather related). I do not want to make a reservation for dinner that night, so I am thinking of having dinner when we get to the YC (maybe ESPN?) OR was thinking of eating at On the Border in the airport (have gift card). Any suggestions for dinner that night? PS-obviously we do not have tickets to enter Epcot and we would not be interested in bussing it to Disney Springs after traveling all day. Thanks.

Crews Cup Lounge, right at the resort, serviced by the Yachtsman Steakhouse

Here's the menu as of January, not sure if there have been changes since then.

The short ribs pasta dish is fantastic!

Edit due to menu changes- read ahead for a post with the most recent menu selections

Last edited:
Need some advice. We arrive on 8/22 at approx. 4pm to MCO. I have been tracking the flights and sometimes they are late (up to 4 hrs late-most likely weather related). I do not want to make a reservation for dinner that night, so I am thinking of having dinner when we get to the YC (maybe ESPN?) OR was thinking of eating at On the Border in the airport (have gift card). Any suggestions for dinner that night? PS-obviously we do not have tickets to enter Epcot and we would not be interested in bussing it to Disney Springs after traveling all day. Thanks.
Don't forget about Big River Grille - Walks ins only - no reservations, and their food is pretty good!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/big-river-grille-and-brewing-works/

Page 968-969

I am excited to be back on this forum after a few years! We will be staying at The Beach Club September 1-5. We stayed at the YC a few years ago and really enjoyed it but I am looking forward to trying something new! We also did not have many opportunities for the pool when we stayed in January so September should allow for lots of pool time.

Looking forward to reading along for the next month!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

If anyone has "Activities Calendar" for August and could post the info - appreciated. I have seen Poly but looking for Beach Club August info.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

We're heading back!!! We're doing a split DVC stay, Feb 11-14 @ BCV 2 bedroom.

I'll add you to the list.

However, on the bright side, somehow with DS, DD, DH and my schedules, we were able to change things around and all four of us go for a short family trip staying at BC for one night and then YC for three nights next week!

I'll make the adjustments to the list.

Wishing your family lots of love and a most magical trip!

:cool2:

Page 970

Lots going on, but the good news is we are still going to WDW. We are now at Beach Club (first time!) Sept 2-8. :flower:
I've been happily catching up on this thread. It was lovely to see the hello from @TeenaS
Wishing her all the best, always!

Dee - could you pencil us in for June 23rd - July 1st, 2018?

I'm planning a split stay with June 19th - 23rd at either the Poly or GF but having a hard time deciding on which one...:scratchin

You bet! Beach Club or Yacht Club?

:woohoo:

I am super excited to say we are coming back next year!! Never thought we coukd do 2 years in a row at the BC but we are :mickeyjum:goofy:
Plus our friends are also coming a few days later but to the CBR so im in for alot of planing as they've never been before. :surfweb:

Please add us to the list for May 21st 11 nights (we are doing 3 nights first Clearwater Beach). Wish I could do the full 14 again at BC but price has gone up so much. Plus this way we can get over our jetlag on the beach! :beach: X

A few nights at the beach sound wonderful to me!

Can I ask a bit of an OT question here, just a quick opinion? I tend to stay on this thread lately, because quite frankly, it's one of the kinder threads on these boards, so please forgive my brief :offtopic:.

For our upcoming trip, we have a night at AK where we're seeing Rivers of Light, and have a FP+ for the late show. Does anyone know if that show is usually overly crowded? The park is open until midnight that night, and if I thought we could just walk in and sit for the late show, I'd give up that FP and get one for something else instead! Thoughts?

And just to bring it back on topic....here in MA, it hasn't been a terribly hot summer (right Dee?), so we haven't been able to use the pool much, so I can't tell you how excited I am to be less than 3 weeks away from the waters of SAB! I'll say again...I swear they treat it with chlorine and Xanax.

I prefer the heat to the cold. Still getting pool time, but not nearly as much as I would like.

:fish:

I just booked YC through Hotwire for next weekend for 200 a night that includes taxes and fees. They have a coupon right now over $200 get $30 off. I am glad since we are Silver Pass holders and they lifted the blackout. I guess it worked that they are selling rooms and getting more there. SaveBigHotel Is the code.

That's an incredible deal for YC. I hopped on over to Hotwire and nothing even close to that price remaining. Lucky You! It's my fav resort.

What is your experience (if any) taking the MDE from airport to Beach Club? Trying to get a sense of the other stops along the line. We are coming mid august and arriving 10:30am. Wondering how much snack to pack. Our last time from airport to GF was crazy long, as in 5 stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter