Ceiling fans:
Yacht Club refurbished rooms - no
Beach Club refurbished rooms - ?
Beach Club Villas refurbished rooms - ?

Carpeting:
Yacht Club refurbished rooms - no
Beach Club refurbished rooms - ?
Beach Club Villas refurbished rooms - ?

BC refurbished rooms still have the ceiling fans and carpeting. :)

Need some advice. We arrive on 8/22 at approx. 4pm to MCO. I have been tracking the flights and sometimes they are late (up to 4 hrs late-most likely weather related). I do not want to make a reservation for dinner that night, so I am thinking of having dinner when we get to the YC (maybe ESPN?) OR was thinking of eating at On the Border in the airport (have gift card). Any suggestions for dinner that night? PS-obviously we do not have tickets to enter Epcot and we would not be interested in bussing it to Disney Springs after traveling all day. Thanks.
The Captain's Grille has very good food and it is usually never crowded. This would be anice place to eat if you don't feel like leaving the resort. :)

Crews Cup Lounge, right at the resort, serviced by the Yachtsman Steakhouse

Here's the menu as of January, not sure if there have been changes since then.
The Crews Cup Lounge had drastically reduced their menu when we were there earlier this month. I think it is in response to the Ale and Compass Lounge being closed. They probably wanted to encourage drinkers and discourage diners. they would list their daily menus on a board outside of the entrance to the lounge,

The short ribs pasta dish is fantastic!
I love this dish, too, but currently it is only available at Captain's Grille.

What is your experience (if any) taking the MDE from airport to Beach Club? Trying to get a sense of the other stops along the line. We are coming mid august and arriving 10:30am. Wondering how much snack to pack. Our last time from airport to GF was crazy long, as in 5 stops.
The MDE bus always shares with Boardwalk, BC and YC. It usually also shares with Caribbean Beach but on our July trip it only went to the three Epcot resorts.

Need some advice. We arrive on 8/22 at approx. 4pm to MCO. I have been tracking the flights and sometimes they are late (up to 4 hrs late-most likely weather related). I do not want to make a reservation for dinner that night, so I am thinking of having dinner when we get to the YC (maybe ESPN?) OR was thinking of eating at On the Border in the airport (have gift card). Any suggestions for dinner that night? PS-obviously we do not have tickets to enter Epcot and we would not be interested in bussing it to Disney Springs after traveling all day. Thanks.

Crews cup is my husband's favorite place to eat at wdw. It is right next to the steakhouse and no adr required.

I feel like I'm late to the party but ... there's no clock in the rooms at beach club?! No alarm clock or anything?? :scared1:

Page 970

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

You bet! Beach Club or Yacht Club?

:woohoo:

A few nights at the beach sound wonderful to me!

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

I prefer the heat to the cold. Still getting pool time, but not nearly as much as I would like.

:fish:

Beach Club! :love:

Crews Cup Lounge, right at the resort, serviced by the Yachtsman Steakhouse

Here's the menu as of January, not sure if there have been changes since then.

The short ribs pasta dish is fantastic!

Dinner (Updated: 01/17)

Dee, these are the current dinner offerings at Crew's Cup Lounge:

Appetizers

Chopped Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, House-made Dressing, Focaccia Crouton
$9.00

New England Clam Chowder
Creamy Chowder with Clams, Potatoes, and Vegetables
$8.00

Buffalo Chicken Wings
Celery and Carrot Sticks and Blue Cheese Dressing
$12.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay Poached, Homemade Cocktail Sauce, Lemon
$19.00

Artisanal Cheese Board
with Seasonal Accoutrements
$18.00

Sandwiches and Entrées

Yacht Club Burger
Signature Blend Beef, Swiss, Brandy-Peppercorn Sauce, Sautéed Mushrooms, Onion Jam, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato
$18.00

New England Lobster Roll
served chilled on a Butter-toasted Roll with Chips
$19.00

10-oz Roast Prime Rib of Beef
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus
$36.00

Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich

Tomato, fresh Mozzarella, and chopped Arugula Vinaigrette on Toasted Sea Salt Focaccia
$13.00

Braised Beef Short Ribs
Mashed Potatoes and Feta-Gremolata Reduction
$33.00

Dee, these are the current dinner offerings at Crew's Cup Lounge:

Appetizers

Chopped Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, House-made Dressing, Focaccia Crouton
$9.00

New England Clam Chowder
Creamy Chowder with Clams, Potatoes, and Vegetables
$8.00

Buffalo Chicken Wings
Celery and Carrot Sticks and Blue Cheese Dressing
$12.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay Poached, Homemade Cocktail Sauce, Lemon
$19.00

Artisanal Cheese Board
with Seasonal Accoutrements
$18.00

Sandwiches and Entrées

Yacht Club Burger
Signature Blend Beef, Swiss, Brandy-Peppercorn Sauce, Sautéed Mushrooms, Onion Jam, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato
$18.00

New England Lobster Roll
served chilled on a Butter-toasted Roll with Chips
$19.00

10-oz Roast Prime Rib of Beef
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus
$36.00

Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich

Tomato, fresh Mozzarella, and chopped Arugula Vinaigrette on Toasted Sea Salt Focaccia
$13.00

Braised Beef Short Ribs
Mashed Potatoes and Feta-Gremolata Reduction
$33.00
Oh good, the hubby's buffalo wings are still on the menu.

I feel like I'm late to the party but ... there's no clock in the rooms at beach club?! No alarm clock or anything?? :scared1:

I believe Disney pulled the clocks from all the rooms. Disney -- and many hotel chains -- had purchased iHomes, which were a combination clock/radio/charging station. Then Apple decided to change to the lightning cable, and the old iHomes didn't work for the new iPhones. Also, sometimes people (guests? Housekeeping?) would unplug the iHomes to use the plug for something else, and people could not figure out how to re-set the time when they plugged them back in. Disney gave up and pulled them.

Also, many people use their phones as a clock/alarm.

Of course, many people do not like to use their phones as a clock/alarm, so they call Housekeeping and ask to have a clock brought to their room.

I've heard that if a guest requests a clock from Housekeeping, it stays in the room; Housekeeping doesn't take it back when the guest checks out. So it's possible that there could be a clock in your room when you check in, but not likely.

The MDE bus always shares with Boardwalk, BC and YC. It usually also shares with Caribbean Beach but on our July trip it only went to the three Epcot resorts.

Thanks for this. It kind of makes me lean towards a surprise I was considering for my family on our upcoming trip of a one-way limo (an actual limo LOL) transfer from MCO. We're arriving after 7pm and will likely be tired/cranky and maybe even a little hangry because I'm making the kids go to school that day. This is a "big" trip for us and a limo transfer isn't something I'd normally do. I'd usually just make them suck it up and do DME.

What is your experience (if any) taking the MDE from airport to Beach Club? Trying to get a sense of the other stops along the line. We are coming mid august and arriving 10:30am. Wondering how much snack to pack. Our last time from airport to GF was crazy long, as in 5 stops.

For our trip last October we stopped at Art of Animation, Pop, And Caribbean Beach prior to Beach Club.

You are excused for being late- since there is no clock, how do you know what time it is?

:confused3

I believe Disney pulled the clocks from all the rooms. Disney -- and many hotel chains -- had purchased iHomes, which were a combination clock/radio/charging station. Then Apple decided to change to the lightning cable, and the old iHomes didn't work for the new iPhones. Also, sometimes people (guests? Housekeeping?) would unplug the iHomes to use the plug for something else, and people could not figure out how to re-set the time when they plugged them back in. Disney gave up and pulled them.

Also, many people use their phones as a clock/alarm.

Of course, many people do not like to use their phones as a clock/alarm, so they call Housekeeping and ask to have a clock brought to their room.

I've heard that if a guest requests a clock from Housekeeping, it stays in the room; Housekeeping doesn't take it back when the guest checks out. So it's possible that there could be a clock in your room when you check in, but not likely.

:furious:

I don't use ^^^ this smilie much, but I really detest the removal of the room clocks!

During our last stay in October, YC CL, I asked one of the CMs at the desk if we could get a clock in the room and they said no. They also said a lot of people were commenting/complaining about the removal of the clocks.

Um, helllooooooo!?! This seems like an easy and relatively inexpensive correction.

PUT THE D!@# clocks back in the room.

:headache:

ETA to rant: I was just reading a study yesterday about how the blue light on cell phones and other techie devices disrupts sleep, so another reason relying on the clock on your phone on your bedside table is not a good idea.

- from the person on her computer at 3:30 am

:sad2:

Last edited:
NateBenMa - Next time you want a clock, try calling Housekeeping from your room, rather than asking a Club Level cast member or the front desk. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

I keep a small alarm clock in my Owner's Locker.

There is absolutely no way of knowing this or putting a percentage on it. Make the request, and when you arrive, before they assign you a room, ask if your request has been met. If not...politely ask if there's anything they can do to meet the request. Unfortunately, that's all you can do. From prior experience, the less requests you make, the better your chances of getting them met. The lobby and being close to transportation are synonymous. I'd decide what's more important....a 1st floor room, or being close to the lobby.....place your requests in order of importance.
All these are important to me also want a king room..:smokin:

NOOOO!!! Did they take away the wedge salad at Crew's Cup?? I literally dream about that thing and have been ordering it for years! On our last trip tot he BC in October I ate it three times, not kidding.
Do you think they will still make it if they can if I ask nicely???
I'm completely bummed out.
I have been reading along regularly but haven't posted much - but I feel the need to say:
New Crew's Cup Menu :sad2:
Lack of theming in new rooms :sad2:
What the gondolas will do to my beautiful, peaceful IG :sad:

I'm one of those people who doesn't like change, as you can tell, lol.
However, heading to the BC for a big family trip in 17 days :love::love::love:!!!!! Literally cannot wait to get "home". We are taking along our two kids with their SO's (all mid-20's). I find that I love our "adult" trips now just as much as when they were little. Sure need to save a lot more for the bar tab though.....

NOOOO!!! Did they take away the wedge salad at Crew's Cup?? I literally dream about that thing and have been ordering it for years! On our last trip tot he BC in October I ate it three times, not kidding.
Do you think they will still make it if they can if I ask nicely???
I'm completely bummed out.
I have been reading along regularly but haven't posted much - but I feel the need to say:
New Crew's Cup Menu :sad2:
Lack of theming in new rooms :sad2:
What the gondolas will do to my beautiful, peaceful IG :sad:

I'm one of those people who doesn't like change, as you can tell, lol.
However, heading to the BC for a big family trip in 17 days :love::love::love:!!!!! Literally cannot wait to get "home". We are taking along our two kids with their SO's (all mid-20's). I find that I love our "adult" trips now just as much as when they were little. Sure need to save a lot more for the bar tab though.....

I always ordered that salad too...with a fried shrimp appetizer. Crews cup lounge has always been what I considered a best kept secret at WDW.

We're thinking about booking for August 2018 for 12 nights and are on the fence whether to do a Deluxe Club room or a Water/Lagoon View Club Room. The biggest thing for us is that we want to make sure we have 2 queen size beds. Do most of the Water/Lagoon View Club Rooms have 2 Queen beds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter