Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Our dates are 9/12-9/19!!! It's going to be so weird, fun, nice, sad, different....just the two of us. First time in 25 years!!! Beach Club is our resort of choice!

September 2013 our youngest went to college. DH and I went to Disney a few weeks after, just the 2 of us to ease our change to empty nest. We had so much fun that trip, the two of us have gone alone twice more since then. We also really enjoyed our family trip to BC a few weeks ago. It is also nice to know that there really is so much to do as a couple at Disney! Yes, it is different, but very nice and fun.

I put a cell in my planning spreadsheet =FirstDay-TODAY(). Too bad is says we still have 161 days to go.

For those with grumpy kids due to school past Memorial Day...gasp! School here in Toronto, Canada (and pretty much the whole province) doesn't end until June 24 for students and June 26 for teachers. We've still got two weeks to go! And it's hot...and very few schools have A/C.

Then again, students aren't back in class until September 7 this year, thus my escape to BC for Labour Day weekend... :-)

Can anyone link me the picture of the map of how to walk to HS from BC. I think it was a Robo map but i can't find it now.

NinjaMom- I think you hit the nail on the head with Dee's nightmare... she has not refuted it

Woohoo! I was able to order some Rainkissed Leaves body wash, hand soap, and fragrance mist online today. I bought some antibacterial hand gels for our trip in a bunch of different scents and ordered some other stuff as well. If anyone else is going to order, don't forget that they have a $10 off of $40 coupon listed on the top of their website. I'm not sure how long the coupon is good for, but it really helped with my order total today. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Thanks to this thread I just loaded up and got lots of lotion and shower gel very cheap

My advice to everyone else going to BC/YC this summer is to make sure you get enough time at SAB! That pool is the best! Even though I thought I "carved out" enough time there, it still wasn't enough...rain did get in the way of my plans a few times.

When Dh and I go in a couple weeks our whole game plan is to chill by the pool everyday with very little park time in the morning or night!

For those with grumpy kids due to school past Memorial Day...gasp! School here in Toronto, Canada (and pretty much the whole province) doesn't end until June 24 for students and June 26 for teachers. We've still got two weeks to go! And it's hot...and very few schools have A/C.

Then again, students aren't back in class until September 7 this year, thus my escape to BC for Labour Day weekend... :-)

Same for us. Exam weeks and grading ends June 25th!!

I have a handful of days before I book fast passes. Every detail is planned. Now I'm thinking about changing the parks I visit each day based on three sources for recommended parks. But after looking at the sources, I realized they pick parks with no magic hours to recommend each day and the difference in crowd level from day to day that week between parks is minimal. How do you pick which park to hit each day?

Teena - safe travels! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. So exciting.

Dee - oh this should be good - can't wait to hear this story!

Tarak - thank you. He is still feeling badly, but each day gets a little bit better. Still very tired and weak,
headache, etc.

Kerry - didn't know you were back at Disney! Hope you had a wonderful trip.
Hi Robyn! Yes my husband, daughter and I went on a short trip in late May for 4 nights. We had a GREAT time! My son didn't go this time (graduated college 2 years ago and works full time). We went because we went to JAX for my nephew's Confirmation. So we stayed 4 nights at my brother's house, then 4 in WDW at WL. Would you believe DH and I got Annual Passes...since we were already planning on the two of us going in October for the F&W Festival. We went the first time two years ago (thanks to Teena's suggestion) and had so much fun we said we were going back in 2015!! I had not been on the DISboards much at all until the last couple of months or so.

Sorry to hear about your son...hope he is on the mend! That was scary!

Kerry

I have a handful of days before I book fast passes. Every detail is planned. Now I'm thinking about changing the parks I visit each day based on three sources for recommended parks. But after looking at the sources, I realized they pick parks with no magic hours to recommend each day and the difference in crowd level from day to day that week between parks is minimal. How do you pick which park to hit each day?

If the overall crowd level is pretty low, I wouldn't worry about recommended parks. It's all relative. We went to MK on a red, not recommended day and rode like 5 things after 5:00. Didn't even use my FP+!

NinjaMom- I think you hit the nail on the head with Dee's nightmare... she has not refuted it

Well... you know as well as I do that she has a weakness for Chip~n~Dales AND Johnny Depp.

She is awfully quiet.... So, she must be busy. Do you think she accidentally locked herself in the Beach Club Fantasy Suite? After all, it is a well known hidey hole for hunky guys. Also... she could have fallen off of the chaperone wagon and gotten into the Sunken Treasure dispenser. Yeah sure, she is posting that she is running all over the parks but we forgot to put the tracking device on her so we can't be sure. Perhaps Buzzy the Fly (Your Beach Club Resort Guy) can put his ear up to the door of the Fantasy Suite and report back to us. We should probably start a "Go Fund Me" page to raise the $$ to buy Buzzy a jar of Maraschino Cherries as payment for his efforts.

~NM
PS to Kate's Dad, sorry about your keyboard. Your electronic tragedy will serve as a warning not to drink and read NM's post at the same time, otherwise things have the potential to get "drippy".

We try to use the crowd calendars whenever possible, but I never really see low crowd levels anymore... Even the last week of January! As long as you have FP reservations, you'll be fine because you can always find a few things that don't have much of a wait that are still really fun (like Philharmagic at MK... We love that!)

Oh no!

Hoping you've arrived by now and here's wishing that was the last of the vacation disappointment. :genie:

Sitting on ME as I type!

After a 90 minute delay, we were delayed another 20 minutes while a passenger deplaned to purchase a smaller dog carrier as the one she brought wouldn't fit under the seat. As I sat there, I pondered what Ninja Mom would have had to say 'bout that...

Well... you know as well as I do that she has a weakness for Chip~n~Dales AND Johnny Depp.

She is awfully quiet.... So, she must be busy. Do you think she accidentally locked herself in the Beach Club Fantasy Suite? After all, it is a well known hidey hole for hunky guys. Also... she could have fallen off of the chaperone wagon and gotten into the Sunken Treasure dispenser. Yeah sure, she is posting that she is running all over the parks but we forgot to put the tracking device on her so we can't be sure. Perhaps Buzzy the Fly (Your Beach Club Resort Guy) can put his ear up to the door of the Fantasy Suite and report back to us. We should probably start a "Go Fund Me" page to raise the $$ to buy Buzzy a jar of Maraschino Cherries as payment for his efforts.

~NM
PS to Kate's Dad, sorry about your keyboard. Your electronic tragedy will serve as a warning not to drink and read NM's post at the same time, otherwise things have the potential to get "drippy".

I'll chip in a Loonie to Buzzy's Go Fund Me campaign! Get down their and do some investigating Buzzy!

It does seem like a crap shoot some times - and I hear you on the busy time of year.

I have belonged to Tour Guide Mike back in the day and he had a great unique site - 5 or more years ago... now it seems to be between Touring Plans and easywdw - I just checked, I have to read more from him! He just posted what to expect with crowds...

I take paper and pencil - and I work out the days we're going to be there - and then any "must do's" For instance we're doing a tour that's only offered on Saturday, I got a special adr for Hollywood Studios, so I pencil that in - and plan that - then I look at the best days, and I debate - and I just start planning adr's around the park days... and hope it works out - With Fast passes, it really sounds like rope drop and plan FP for after - again - are you going to want to go back to the resort? Then plan a FP for early evening? it just seems so subjective doesn't it? I think it really depends on how you and your family tour...

Sitting on ME as I type!

After a 90 minute delay, we were delayed another 20 minutes while a passenger deplaned to purchase a smaller dog carrier as the one she brought wouldn't fit under the seat. As I sat there, I pondered what Ninja Mom would have had to say 'bout that...

I didn't realize they sold Dogs at the airport! I guess the smaller ones could keep your toes warm during those longer flights. I'm thinking the ones they sell at the airport would be Airedale Terriers. Yeah, those are the ones...

~NM

Ninja Mom, I think you hit the nail on the head with Dee's extra-curricular nighttime activities! Her love for Johnny Depp is only rivaled by a certain football player. Last I heard, the Sunken Treasure dispenser was at the Quiet Pool Laundry Room. Tom Collins has been a busy guy!

We always get a Park Hopper, and if a park has morning EMH, we are there for rope drop, and move on to another park when it starts getting crowded. With evening EMH, we brave the crowds...usually it thins out after Fireworks/Parade/Fantasmic. I want to take advantage of the extra hours, especially during the time of year when they close early.

I have looked at those sites that recommend NOT going to a park if they have EMH, but why not? I think much of their recommendation is for folks who don't get PH...and base their predictions on the fact that the families without PH go to the park with the longest hours, and stay all day. With the PH, if it's too crowded, go somewhere else....

Just my two cents....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter