Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Less than 30 days to our trip! We can't wait to arrive at BC on 4/19.

One question - I know housekeeping is not quite up to prepandemic service, but was wondering if anyone knew about dry cleaning/valet laundry? Is that still available? We're probably going to do our own laundry but might want a couple of things done valet...

Thanks!

Was able to snag a Beach Club studio for Memorial Day Weekend. How early should I line up outside Stormalong Bay in the morning?

:rotfl2:
Just back from BCV. So it depends. If the forecast is beautiful and sunny, no rain in sight, without a doubt get there at 10:00 am to get the exact location you want for lounge chairs. We love to be over near the YC, next to the lazy river. If the forecast is partly sunny and cloudy and rainy in the afternoon, I'd still get there first thing but then it won't be as crowded in the afternoon. It really depends on if you're fussy about location and needing the loungers. If you'll be in the pool the whole time? Go anytime and you'll be good. Just understand by about 11:00 am, most lounge chairs are taken on a beautiful day. Remember your magic bands, can't get in without them.

A bit of a strange request for information, but here it goes:
My family and I are visiting beach club resort for the first time. We are booked for a garden view room at the end of August 2022. I am trying to figure out what room to request when the time comes as well as strategies for getting from the BC to the different resorts.

My DD7 has autism and is quite concrete and visual in her thinking.
I know that she is going to want to go to the pool 24/7 (she loves pools!), however I plan to have my family visit the parks first thing in the morning, then take a long afternoon break at the pool and go again to the parks in the early evenings to try to avoid some of the midday heat.

My question is, when we leave our room in the early morning, would there be a way to get from our hotel room to the parks (epcot, hs, mk, etc) without walking past the quiet pool that opens really early? i am worried that if my daughter walks past the quiet pool early in the am and sees that it is open she will want to go for a swim instead of visiting the parks. Trying to explain to her that we will go back later is difficult for her to process. i am not as worried about walking past Storm Along Bay because from what i understand it doesn't open until closer to 10am (I think?) and because she is so visual i can more easily show and explain to her that it is "closed" and we will come back later.

I noticed from the map that there seems to be some kind of path that goes behind the BC on the way to the walk to Epcot but i'm not sure if she might be able to see the quiet pool from there or not? I think walking to epcot without her seeing the pool might be the trickiest.
Just trying to plan for the best room option for us, and the best route for getting from the hotel to the different parks. I don't mind walking extra in an attempt to avoid quiet pool sightings. :) TIA

Less than 30 days to our trip! We can't wait to arrive at BC on 4/19.

One question - I know housekeeping is not quite up to prepandemic service, but was wondering if anyone knew about dry cleaning/valet laundry? Is that still available? We're probably going to do our own laundry but might want a couple of things done valet...

Thanks!

We are excited too! We arrive on the same day but on the Yacht side!!!

My question is, when we leave our room in the early morning, would there be a way to get from our hotel room to the parks (epcot, hs, mk, etc) without walking past the quiet pool that opens really early?

I'm trying to visualize this in my head.

If you go out the Beach Club's main back door (so you will be facing Crescent Lake and the BoardWalk when you get outside), you turn left to walk to Epcot. I don't think you see the Beach Club quiet pool as you walk to Epcot, but somebody else can tell you for sure.

If you can see the pool from there, I think you could try this (and again somebody else would have to say if I'm visualizing it correctly):
Go to Beach Club Marketplace.
Go outside through the doors across from Beach Club Marketplace.
Turn right.
This is how people get to Beach Club Villas.
Walk along the path like you are going toward Beach Club Villas, but take your first right.
Now follow the path but keep bearing right.
Your instinct will be to bear left, because Epcot is to the left, but don't do that because you will hit a dead end; you have to bear right.
You will walk right by some people's patios, so you might think you are going the wrong way, but you aren't.
This will take you out to the main walkway which goes around Crescent Lake.
When you get out to the main walkway, turn left to get to Epcot.
You would also stay on the main walkway if you want to walk to DHS, or turn right on the main walkway if you want to get to the boat dock for DHS.
You will not see a pool going this route.

To get to the bus for Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom:
Go out the Beach Club front doors and follow the path to the bus stops.
You will not see a pool.

I'm trying to visualize this in my head.

If you go out the Beach Club's main back door (so you will be facing Crescent Lake and the BoardWalk when you get outside), you turn left to walk to Epcot. I don't think you see the Beach Club quiet pool as you walk to Epcot, but somebody else can tell you for sure.

If you can see the pool from there, I think you could try this (and again somebody else would have to say if I'm visualizing it correctly):
Go to Beach Club Marketplace.
Go outside through the doors across from Beach Club Marketplace.
Turn right.
This is how people get to Beach Club Villas.
Walk along the path like you are going toward Beach Club Villas, but take your first right.
Now follow the path but keep bearing right.
Your instinct will be to bear left, because Epcot is to the left, but don't do that because you will hit a dead end; you have to bear right.
You will walk right by some people's patios, so you might think you are going the wrong way, but you aren't.
This will take you out to the main walkway which goes around Crescent Lake.
When you get out to the main walkway, turn left to get to Epcot.
You would also stay on the main walkway if you want to walk to DHS, or turn right on the main walkway if you want to get to the boat dock for DHS.
You will not see a pool going this route.

To get to the bus for Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom:
Go out the Beach Club front doors and follow the path to the bus stops.
You will not see a pool.
Thank you this is really helpful :)

It’s funny that looking at the map we walked right past the beach club quiet pool 5 times last week while staying at yacht club. However, not once did I ever see it. I’m wondering if others can say how easy it is to see from the walkway. I wasn’t looking for it, but don’t remember ever noticing it. Or maybe I did and just don’t remember. Although it may be different with a 7 year old who is looking for a pool though.

A bit of a strange request for information, but here it goes:
My family and I are visiting beach club resort for the first time. We are booked for a garden view room at the end of August 2022. I am trying to figure out what room to request when the time comes as well as strategies for getting from the BC to the different resorts.

My DD7 has autism and is quite concrete and visual in her thinking.
I know that she is going to want to go to the pool 24/7 (she loves pools!), however I plan to have my family visit the parks first thing in the morning, then take a long afternoon break at the pool and go again to the parks in the early evenings to try to avoid some of the midday heat.

My question is, when we leave our room in the early morning, would there be a way to get from our hotel room to the parks (epcot, hs, mk, etc) without walking past the quiet pool that opens really early? i am worried that if my daughter walks past the quiet pool early in the am and sees that it is open she will want to go for a swim instead of visiting the parks. Trying to explain to her that we will go back later is difficult for her to process. i am not as worried about walking past Storm Along Bay because from what i understand it doesn't open until closer to 10am (I think?) and because she is so visual i can more easily show and explain to her that it is "closed" and we will come back later.

I noticed from the map that there seems to be some kind of path that goes behind the BC on the way to the walk to Epcot but i'm not sure if she might be able to see the quiet pool from there or not? I think walking to epcot without her seeing the pool might be the trickiest.
Just trying to plan for the best room option for us, and the best route for getting from the hotel to the different parks. I don't mind walking extra in an attempt to avoid quiet pool sightings. :) TIA
How about the SECRET DOOR on the Epcot side? I think that should be far enough away from the quiet pool that it's not really visible as you cross the bridge to Boardwalk....
View attachment 656859
I agree that this is the perfect side for you to be on during your stay. I think the room numbers in that area are (Ground floor) 1501 but I am rusty with my recollection. This is also considered a "Garden" view. :rolleyes:

The room 1501 door is at the front, but there is also a second exterior entry door that is circled on this map. If you use that door, you can avoid passing by the Beach Club Quiet pool as you walk deeper into the resort to get to your room.

I think it is over by the elevators in the front 1501 entrance and hallway that there can be found doors (ground floor) and windows (upper floor) that look onto the quiet pool.

Whatever you do, be sure to contact guest services at least 3 weeks in advance of you stay (More is better) and explain your situation so that they will be able to help you. Disability Services # 407-560-2547

You should be able to access these (ground floor) outer entry doors with your room key. Then it would be a quick trip down a hallway or up the steps to get to your room, where ever it may be. The only way that you would not be able to enter those doors to walk inside the resort is if the lock is malfunctioning. You will always be able to leave by them.

Resort Hotel and Theme Park Information
Non-Reservation
Questions
(407) 939-2273
My Past
Walt Disney World Visit
(407) 939-6104
Disability Services
(407) 560-2547

~NM

Super excited we registered for our first run Disney event! We will all be running the Wine & Dine half marathon! This has been on our bucket list for awhile. We decided to want to stay at an Epcot resort so we booked the Yacht Club. Dee can you please add us on the BOG list for Nov 5-7, 2022. We did 3 nights at the Yacht in February for our anniversary and really enjoyed our stay, looking forward to going back.

How about the SECRET DOOR on the Epcot side? I think that should be far enough away from the quiet pool that it's not really visible as you cross the bridge to Boardwalk....
View attachment 656859

To Epcot, take this route, exiting the BC building by either of the “secret exits” at the Epcot end of the building. If you take the direct route through the BC lobby to get to the main path by the lake you WILL walk by the quiet pool as shown in this pic.

For Hollywood Studios, go out the main BC lobby doors and turn right to walk (past the closed Stormalong Bay) to the boat dock. It’s towards YC, but YC’s quiet pool is not visible from the boat dock. If you’re walking, keep going past the boat dock to the bridges on the YC/Swan/Dolphin side even though the bridge towards Boardwalk on the Epcot side seems a tiny bit closer, to again avoid walking past the BC quiet pool.

For MK and AK, the bus stop is at the other (non-lake) side of BC, so you’re relatively safe going out that door as long as you stick to the sidewalk to the left of the doors and don’t cut over to the right beside the villas building. However, from the bus stop you can kind of see the BCV quiet pool. If you look on the map in the WDW app you can get a better idea of what I mean. You may have to bend the truth a little and say that the BCV pool is only for the BCV guests - maybe a “that’s not our pool” angle? The only other option would be to walk alongside Stormalong to catch the buses at YC since you can’t see their quiet pool from the bus stop.

You may also want to call and put a room request in for a view of trees only (ie. NO pool views) since many of the rooms look over the various pools, and sometimes even garden view rooms might have a partial pool view or be upgraded to a pool view. The Touring Plans room view finder might be useful for you to see what you can see from various parts of the building, so you can get an idea of what area might work best for a room avoiding the pools.

Last edited:
Quick question regarding SAB cabana rentals. Is the 60 day mark to make reservations 60 days from the date we want or is it 60+10 like dining reservations? Thanks!

I called at exactly 6am CT for a cabana rental and was quoted 90 minute wait. I'm now 1 hour and 10 minutes in and still waiting. It's been a year since I've had to call Disney for anything and wait times were bad then but not at 6am on the dot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter