Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here I go again.....

Just moved our next trip from January to Memorial Day Weekend 2023. Currently have a reservation at Boulder Ridge Villas from 5/26-5/31, but as always I feel like I'm cheating whenever I stay away from home. so I put in a waitlist for BCV for the same dates. I know Flower and Garden is going on at that time, but what are the odds of a 2BR becoming available at that time?

If our main request is a full balcony, but we'd also like an upper floor, was it right to word it as "full balcony, upper floor"? They would try to fulfill the balcony request first? We booked a water view, so we thought we'd try for a full balcony.

This thread has been helpful so I thought I'd share a video I watched the other day.

I've been a little nervous about our Beach Club choice since there's been some complaints about the rooms lately and everyone seems to prefer Yacht these days.

The enthusiasm from these two over the Beach Club room has give me enthusiasm also. :)
I hope this video calms anyone who is nervous about Beach Club.

(room tour starts around 27:16)

Thanks for sharing this video. I ended up checking out some of his other videos. These guys are so funny!

Question for those who have been recently, are they back to the paper bands at SAB?
Yes, they are back to giving out paper bands. They ran out of cloth bands when we were there Oct 24th and started to give out paper bands on that day or the next. We were some of the last people to get them. The CMs told us that they could no longer get the cloth bands from the supplier.

Does anyone have a floor plan for Beach Club Villas 1 bedroom? I am planning to rent points and want to know where the 1 bedrooms are located. We have stayed at Beach Club a few times and now want to try the Villas. Is it worth it?

Does anyone have a floor plan for Beach Club Villas 1 bedroom? I am planning to rent points and want to know where the 1 bedrooms are located. We have stayed at Beach Club a few times and now want to try the Villas. Is it worth it?

1668193748911.png

Not sure how to answer your question is it worth it? Are you talking about pricing or experience? 1BRs are great accommodations for 4 [or less]. Full kitchen, laundry, dunes cove pool, short walk from the BC main lobby and all of the amenities of the BC/YC resort.

Last edited:
I was going to post the same link that PCFriar80 did above, re BCV room locations:
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

The 1-bedrooms are great. BUT...

If you're thinking about renting points to save money, I doubt a 1 bedroom would be cheaper than a regular YC or BC room. And, YC and BC rooms are always subject to Disney discounts. If you're renting points, there are no Disney discounts.

Make sure you understand the bed situation. There will be a king-size bed in the bedroom. There will be a sofa bed in the living room. I think it's a queen-size sofa bed. Some people say it is not comfortable; I haven't tried it myself.

Owners can book their DVC home resort 11 months in advance. You can't wait until the last minute with DVC; the rooms will all be booked.

Your rental contract might be No Changes No Cancellations. Part of the reason for that is that DVC points have an expiration date. What you originally book is what you get. Let's say my points expire on March 31. You have a reservation to travel in January. You realize you can't go - COVID, blizzard, work commitment, whatever. You want to switch your vacation to June. Well those points can't be used in June because they expire on March 31. You have to understand what your contract says about changing your mind. A contract with a private owner will be different from a contract with David's rentals which will be different from a contract with the DVC Rental Store, so you have to do your research.

As an adult can I order from the kids menu at Yachtsman Steakhouse?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
Honestly I'm not sure however my husband did order a bowl of chicken noodle soup as his starter when we visited once and it was only on the kids menu. I can't remember what price we were charged but I know they had no issue with him ordering it. Your best bet may be to contact the restaurant directly. Sorry not to be of more help.

We are going to be in a club level, water view room-what requests would you recommend I make?

If this were me, my only request would be “close to the lounge.” I can’t really think of any other particulars with that room type or view differences that rise to the request level, at least for us.

Hope that helps!

If this were me, my only request would be “close to the lounge.” I can’t really think of any other particulars with that room type or view differences that rise to the request level, at least for us.

Hope that helps!
Thank you! We used to be DVC and I knew all the things to request-it has been awhile since we have stayed in the hotel side. Appreciate the info!

Thank you! We used to be DVC and I knew all the things to request-it has been awhile since we have stayed in the hotel side. Appreciate the info!
I don't know about others, but we've been delayed getting our room on CL if we make a request. I have just stopped altogether since we generally arrive early or at checkin time. Just my 2 cents :)

I don't know about others, but we've been delayed getting our room on CL if we make a request. I have just stopped altogether since we generally arrive early or at checkin time. Just my 2 cents :)
Do you know how common it is to get 2 queen beds with a daybed? I didn't realize there were other bed options when I booked and we won't fit otherwise lol. My son and husband are 200 lb men..

Do you know how common it is to get 2 queen beds with a daybed? I didn't realize there were other bed options when I booked and we won't fit otherwise lol. My son and husband are 200 lb men..
I was referring to wish lists and not necessity requests. I completely understand requesting and being willing to wait for that request!

There are some rooms without daybeds so it would be a good idea to add a request for two queens with a daybed to your reservation. :)

Honestly I'm not sure however my husband did order a bowl of chicken noodle soup as his starter when we visited once and it was only on the kids menu. I can't remember what price we were charged but I know they had no issue with him ordering it. Your best bet may be to contact the restaurant directly. Sorry not to be of more help.

Thanks- I guess I'll try it in a couple of weeks

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter