Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone done the mosaic art offered in the Solarium? I noticed this on the March activity schedule.

I saw a review of the one a Coronado Springs and thought it looked really cool.

What's the status on the in room fridges at Beach Club (resort side)? Are they the new "beverage coolers" or actual mini fridges? How cold do they get? Can they hold yogurt safely?

Also, visiting late July/early August. There is a note that pops up that "This Resort is Undergoing Refurbishments." That's just the DVC side, right? Won't impact us on the resort side? Or do they plan to do the resort rooms next?

Beach Club Refurbishment Confirmed to Run Into Late 2023

An early January start to the room refurbishment of Disney's Beach Club Villas left members hopeful that the project would be complete before the summer season. The notice which remains posted on the Disney Vacation Club members-only website still states that work will be taking place from "January 7, 2023 through early April 2023." Alas, all 208 villas will not be updated by April.

A separate notice posted to the public site for Disney's Beach Club Resort states that work will be taking place "through late fall." The full notice reads as follows:

From January 7, 2023 through late this fall, Disney’s Beach Club Villas will undergo refurbishment. During this time, Resort amenities will remain available for your enjoyment. While you may see or hear construction during daytime hours, you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.

To date, rooms on the fourth and fifth floors of Disney's Beach Club Villas have completed their light refurbishment. Updates include changes to floor coverings, wall coverings and miscellaneous decor, along with installation of pull-down Murphy-style sofabeds in most rooms on the updated floors. These rooms were completed back in February. Work has not yet begun on any other floors within the building, and it is not known when it will resume. According to Cast Members, the need for villas during the busy spring break season played a part in work being halted.

An early January start to the room refurbishment of Disney's Beach Club Villas left members hopeful that the project would be complete before the summer season. The notice which remains posted on the Disney Vacation Club members-only website still states that work will be taking place from "January 7, 2023 through early April 2023." Alas, all 208 villas will not be updated by April.

A separate notice posted to the public site for Disney's Beach Club Resort states that work will be taking place "through late fall." The full notice reads as follows:

From January 7, 2023 through late this fall, Disney’s Beach Club Villas will undergo refurbishment. During this time, Resort amenities will remain available for your enjoyment. While you may see or hear construction during daytime hours, you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.

To date, rooms on the fourth and fifth floors of Disney's Beach Club Villas have completed their light refurbishment. Updates include changes to floor coverings, wall coverings and miscellaneous decor, along with installation of pull-down Murphy-style sofabeds in most rooms on the updated floors. These rooms were completed back in February. Work has not yet begun on any other floors within the building, and it is not known when it will resume. According to Cast Members, the need for villas during the busy spring break season played a part in work being halted.

Should have completed it before then so people visiting for the first time will actually think the rooms are new and fresh and want to return. Not feel worn and tired. Just my opinion

Sorry, I don't buy this reason or excuse. They knew for how long that the renovations were planned for? This is either a supply issue or a staffing issue, either shortage or reallocation that is impacting the delay.

Sorry, I don't buy this reason or excuse. They knew for how long that the renovations were planned for? This is either a supply issue or a staffing issue, either shortage or reallocation that is impacting the delay.
Agree. Would love to know the 'real' story. How do fly through two floors and then just stop?
I guess I got too optimistic with our July dates.

Agree. Would love to know the 'real' story. How do fly through two floors and then just stop?
I guess I got too optimistic with our July dates.
Me too
They did 4 and 5 so fast …..
Probably a spending funds problem since they are now pushing layoffs….

My DS & DDIL are at BC this week. They said SAB was so crowded yesterday, all the chairs were taken, including the 2nd level ones behind Hurricane Hanna’s. They made a full lap before seeing 2 people leaving so they grabbed those. Interestingly, the CM at the entrance did not scan their bands, just asked which hotel they were at. Today the CM was scanning bands. They also saw a family who of 4 in front of them getting turned away because that were trying to bring Grandma & Grandpa in with them. CM was reinforcing Y & B guests only. Not sure what was going on yesterday but they were happy to see the CM being strict today.

Does anyone have a cabana preference?

1 was not available

I was offered 2 3 or 4

4 looked way back in the corner ( concerned about not having enough sun, but the most private )

3 looks close but not to close and might be a little better due to less people around you ( this could be the one which is a mix of 4 and 2 )

2 was in front of the pool but closer to non cabana guests ( but probably more in the action, which could be a good thing )

Thanks

Last edited:
My DS & DDIL are at BC this week. They said SAB was so crowded yesterday, all the chairs were taken, including the 2nd level ones behind Hurricane Hanna’s. They made a full lap before seeing 2 people leaving so they grabbed those. Interestingly, the CM at the entrance did not scan their bands, just asked which hotel they were at. Today the CM was scanning bands. They also saw a family who of 4 in front of them getting turned away because that were trying to bring Grandma & Grandpa in with them. CM was reinforcing Y & B guests only. Not sure what was going on yesterday but they were happy to see the CM being strict today.
I don't know what time of the day your son arrived at the pool, but I've been a dvc BC member for 20 years and have learned on a beautiful sunny day, that if you're not there by 11:00 am, the seats are gone. Good rule of thumb to follow. If you want to use the pool after 1:00 you can, but don't count on chairs so much. I have never experienced the CM's not scanning the bands, that is so unusual!

I don't know what time of the day your son arrived at the pool, but I've been a dvc BC member for 20 years and have learned on a beautiful sunny day, that if you're not there by 11:00 am, the seats are gone. Good rule of thumb to follow. If you want to use the pool after 1:00 you can, but don't count on chairs so much. I have never experienced the CM's not scanning the bands, that is so unusual!

We’ve been staying at Y & B since the late 90s, many years more than once; my son was in high school the first time we stayed there & he’s in his 40s now. This is their 4th stay there within a year. So they’re regulars too & well aware of the ebbs & flows. This was the worst they have seen it & found it odd that the CM wasn’t scanning on that particular day. What I didn’t ask was how many of the chairs were just towels saving seats for later.

Last edited:

1 was not available

I was offered 2 3 or 4

4 looked way back in the corner ( concerned about not having enough sun, but the most private )

3 looks close but not to close and might be a little better due to less people around you ( this could be the one which is a mix of 4 and 2 )

2 was in front of the pool but closer to non cabana guests ( but probably more in the action, which could be a good thing )

Thanks
Seems like you have the right idea. 1&2 are right at the beach/pool edge. Those are a better choice if you want to have eyes on the pool/sandbar. 3&4 are more secluded and would be a good choice if you want a slightly quieter vibe. The differences are minimal so you really can’t go wrong. Personally, #3 was my favorite.

Hi -

Can anyone confirm whether the regular rooms at BC (not DVC/villas) have Keurig-type coffee makers that take K cups? They did when I was last there in 2019 and I found one recent report from Feb 2023 saying there was a Keurig in their room. But I called WDW (the main resort/reservations number, not Beach Club directly) and asked about coffee makers in the room and after putting me on hold for quite a long time, the CM came back and said they were cuisinart coffee makers that took the flat pods, not K cups. So now I'm confused. Can anyone confirm the coffee situation at BC rooms? Thanks!

Hi -

Can anyone confirm whether the regular rooms at BC (not DVC/villas) have Keurig-type coffee makers that take K cups? They did when I was last there in 2019 and I found one recent report from Feb 2023 saying there was a Keurig in their room. But I called WDW (the main resort/reservations number, not Beach Club directly) and asked about coffee makers in the room and after putting me on hold for quite a long time, the CM came back and said they were cuisinart coffee makers that took the flat pods, not K cups. So now I'm confused. Can anyone confirm the coffee situation at BC rooms? Thanks!
I’m at Beach Club currently (resort side, not DVC/Villas). Our room has a regular Kcup Keurig. The supplied Kcups are branded Joffrey WDW 50th Anniversary Blend.

Also, if anyone is wondering, our room does not have wall dispensers for shampoo/conditioner. We are being given tons of H2O products. If we so much as relocate them to another area of the counter, we get a whole new stock. So if you are an H2O fan, you’ll be able to stock up before they go away.

Also, if anyone is wondering, our room does not have wall dispensers for shampoo/conditioner. We are being given tons of H2O products. If we so much as relocate them to another area of the counter, we get a whole new stock. So if you are an H2O fan, you’ll be able to stock up before they go away.
I stayed at BC in January for marathon weekend and they forgot to put shampoo and conditioner in the room when we checked in. I called down to the front desk and asked for some and they brought a BAG of H20 products. We're talking like 10 shampoos and 10 conditioners. My roommate put them in his luggage and they kept coming in droves the rest of the week. 🤣

Last edited:
Hi -

Can anyone confirm if YC still has the Coke freestyle machines at the Ale and Compass marketplace? When we were there in December they had gotten rid of them from BC (much to our disappointment) but YC still had them. We are staying at YC in April, so wanted to see if anyone knew if they were still there.

1 was not available

I was offered 2 3 or 4

Thanks
We prefer 1 or 2 .
My daughters like full sun for tanning .
I was able to snag #2 for my May trip but my other day choice was booked solid. Now I will just call periodically to see if someone dropped that date. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hi -

I don't think you can place a call to the resort directly. I think you get an off-site call center whose people answer the phone as though they are at the resort (unless you got them to transfer you to the resort).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter