DisneyWar

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
Anyone else read this? I am currently reading it (not quite half way through) and WOW :eek:. I really am just shocked with what it says so far about Micheal Eisner's character (or lack there of!) , how the entire corporate structure works, and how juvenile, egotistical, backstabbing, and downright dishonest they all are. I had no idea that Eisner was such a compulsive liar and almost seems downright psychotic.

I am also really surprised that there is so much of a paper trail where he wrote down so much of his feelings and thoughts and shared them with so many people.

Okay, back to reading.

I just finished it and I agree I was suprised. I am suprised at the projects that were turned down and that Eisner and Iger didn't like Lost. I am also suprised at the lack of vision Disney seems to have for such a visionary company.

Just started reading it this week. There's a lighter side to this story. There's a documentary called "Waking Sleeping Beauty" It covers the time between 1984ish to 1994ish. It's about Disney's renaissance in animation.

I haven't read the book yet (I hope to at some point though), but like IllinoisJones' mentioned, "Waking Sleeping Beauty" covers this story as well. I went to see the documentary in NYC a few months ago, and the creators of it (Don Hahn and Peter Schneider, who were both heavily involved in creating the movies of that period) were saying after the screening that one of the reasons that they decided to make the documentary was actually because they didn't like this book and how it portrayed the time period (I think they thought it was too negative, among other things--I'm not sure if they meant it was factually wrong or just really exaggerated), so they wanted to capture the joy of the period as well. Just wanted to point that out so you know the book doesn't cover the whole story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter