DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sheraton Park Anaheim has sent this email to guests with upcoming reservations:

Thank you for your interest in the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort and for booking your upcoming stay with us. We regret to announce the temporary closure of all hotel operations effective November 30th in light of the ongoing challenges surrounding the pandemic. You are therefore advised that your reservation has been cancelled but that we remain available to assist you in relocation to one of our Marriott sister properties listed below in the Anaheim Resort should you wish.

It appears that guests can request that their reservations be moved to the Springhill Suites Convention Center or Residence Inn Convention Center.

From the Speculation Superthread regarding the above ITM article:

I don't think that article is right. I received refunds for my Mom and I related to our Premier Passes. We chose the extension. I believe the checks that we received are for the non-availability of the water parks. I had seen that I would get a refund for that portion. The $ amount would make sense for the water park portion on the passes. And my pass still shows active in the WDW app and has now been extended into February.

Just got a call from DVC. I was signed up for the annual condo association meeting at Disneyland next week. They called to let me know that the meeting was cancelled (or postponed). Since I had the rep on the phone, I asked about vgc opening this weekend. She said that it will not be opening and all reservations through 12/31 are being cancelled and to keep watching for past that time.

Just got a call from DVC. I was signed up for the annual condo association meeting at Disneyland next week. They called to let me know that the meeting was cancelled (or postponed). Since I had the rep on the phone, I asked about vgc opening this weekend. She said that it will not be opening and all reservations through 12/31 are being cancelled and to keep watching for past that time.

I was afraid this was going to happen. Ugh. We have family in the area and planned to make a trip to use some of our points and visit family (socially distanced.) More points to dump into RCI I guess...

Heads up for those traveling to the Southern CA region:

Different news outlets are saying different things, but the general idea seems to be that the San Joaquin Valley and Southern CA regions have low enough available ICU capacity to trigger the new Stay At Home order. According to Gothic Rosie, if the numbers remain this low by 12:59 pm PT tomorrow (Saturday), then the new restrictions will go into effect 24 hours from then (i.e. Sunday afternoon).

From the L.A. Times (regarding the San Joaquin Valley and Southern CA regions), "Friday’s numbers do not trigger the stay-at-home order. But if the percentages remain below 15% on Saturday, the order would be triggered as early as Sunday."

https://www.latimes.com/california/...s-and-hospitalizations-soar-as-shutdown-nears
And from Gothic Rosie:

The Regional Order is really confusing, isn't it? And things can change within 24 hours if a region falls below the 15% ICU capacity. Honestly, I think it's best that people make no plans to travel if they don't have maximum flexibility and/or can afford cancellation fees. And of course, no one should violate the order and/or put others in danger.

I was planning to visit my cousin next month but now that's in limbo since they're saying (notice; what follows is my interpretation) you aren't supposed to travel into or out of a region if a region is under the Order. I expect that one or both of our regions will be soon and no one knows how long the Order will remain in effect. I also saw that (again, my interpretation) 'short term rentals' (ie hotels) will need to verify that 'out of region' guests' reservation duration covers the 14 day quarantine period, but again the wording was really vague. It almost sounded as if no one will be able to book a hotel for less than 14 days.

I guess it'll be made clearer as regions are actually placed under the Order.

@theluckyrabbit : please move to 'Speculation' thread if this is too, well, speculative.

Last edited:
The Regional Order is really confusing, isn't it? And things can change within 24 hours if a region falls below the 15% ICU capacity. Honestly, I think it's best that people make no plans to travel if they don't have maximum flexibility and/or can afford cancellation fees. And of course, no one should violate the order and/or put others in danger.

I was planning to visit my cousin next month but now that's in limbo since they're saying (notice; what follows is my interpretation) you aren't supposed to travel into or out of a region if a region is under the Order. I expect that one or both of our regions will be soon and no one knows how long the Order will remain in effect. I also saw that (again, my interpretation) 'short term rentals' (ie hotels) will need to verify that 'out of region' guests' reservation duration covers the 14 day quarantine period, but again the wording was really vague. It almost sounded as if no one will be able to book a hotel for less than 14 days.

@theluckyrabbit : please move to 'Speculation' thread if this is too, well, speculative.

I think your interpretation is correct. The official PDF is out now. I find the hotel/vacation rental issue interesting and more strict than anything we have seen before. I recall states that instituted hotel quarantines in the past (Hawaii/Alaska examples) were "14 days or length of stay". This appears to be different, and would explain why VGC will not (could not) reopen.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/12.3.20-Stay-at-Home-Order-ICU-Scenario.pdf
"3. Except as otherwise required by law, no hotel or lodging entity in California shall accept or honor out of state reservations for non-essential travel, unless the reservation is for at least the minimum time period required for quarantine and the persons identified in the reservation will quarantine in the hotel or lodging entity until after that time period has expired."

I think they really want to eliminate non-essential travel as much as possible, so the rule of thumb is non-essential = no go! (But it isn't always that cut and dried, I know.)

I'm in a FB group with a bunch of DIS friends, and a group of them were planning on going next weekend to Downtown Disney and Knotts Taste of Merry. There were a lot of very disappointed posts as they received cancellations on Carthay Circle reservations, canceled their flights, etc. I had already decided not to join them, but still, it's a sad situation. :(

I'm in a FB group with a bunch of DIS friends, and a group of them were planning on going next weekend to Downtown Disney and Knotts Taste of Merry. There were a lot of very disappointed posts as they received cancellations on Carthay Circle reservations, canceled their flights, etc. I had already decided not to join them, but still, it's a sad situation. :(
It is definitely sad. We spoke with a manager in DCA this evening who said that it was very discouraging for everyone when they got the news today. They really feel so badly for their CMs and these hits just keep coming and coming... I told her that we're sending them so much support from the DIS and she said that meant a lot to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter