Do the kids get tired of rides?

dorisdvu

Mouseketeer
I'm going to DW for the first time in March 2004. I've been to DL but that was many many years ago. I will be going with DN her husband & 2 kids (7 & 4). We are staying on site. We are booked for 5 nights and I'm thinking about staying an additional 2 nights at Universal or SeaWorld, so the 5 days at DW can be concentrated on DW. I know there are many things to see but my question is do the kids get tired of riding rides?

Also, I haven't see anything on the Kennedy Space Center posted. Comments?

Our 4 yo ds never gets tired of riding rides! As a matter of fact, he would like nothing better than to ride the same rides over and over and over!;) The only thing he will eventually get tired of is too much sightseeing or attractions that aren't actually rides (shows, etc). We always try to balance out things we want to see with rides he wants to ride!:D

My DSs are 3.5 & 6.5. They dont do thrill rides. We just spent 6 days in WDW, 5 were park days. Probably only 1/2 of what we did was actual "rides" The only park where they did a lot of rides was MK. The other parks we stuck more with the shows, interactive exploring/play, and of course the kids loved the pool time too.
I guess what Im saying is I dont think they get sick of rides because we dont do just rides. The rides are just a fraction of the overall experience.

My DD, almost 8, has been to Disney 9 times. She never gets tired of the rides. She has her favorites, of course, which she's happy to ride repeatedly when the crowds allow it. Sometimes, the CM's will even let us just stay on and go around again if nobody is waiting.

Like dmonroe said, she only gets "tired" of stuff that doesn't interest her, like some of the shops or things in World Showcase. As long as its something she likes, she never tires of it.

Steve

My 4 yr old son never gets tired of rides! He even went on the Haunted Manison 4 times in a roll...he wanted to go again but I suggested we go do something else, I was getting tired of it! ;)

As far as Kennedy Space Center, we went last June when my son was 3.5 yrs old. We took the tour which I think was a little "boring" for him. He did enjoy the other things at Kennedy though and he REALLY enjoyed the Astronaut Hall of Fame!!! Make sure you make some time to spend there, we didn't know there was so much to do there & we really wish we made more time to spend there. My son enjoyed the Hall of Fame alot more then Kennedy itself.

My son loved Sea World. He LOVED the Shamu show (which we saw twice! LOL) and he really loved the shark exhibit which we walked through 3x!!!! ;)

hi: those are great ages for kids; they will probably not get tired of the rides. after several years, some rides will lose their appeal. my oldest son really dislikes it's a small world, but his wife and i can usually bully him into it.

Depends on your kids.... just got back from Storybookland (which, of course, is no where NEAR the size, scope, or quality of WDW) and the kids had maxed out at 6 hours. My 3 year old went on EVERYTHING many times.. the little roller coaster there 7 times with attempts to raise her arms. Meanwhile my 5 and 7 year olds watched some of this from the sidelines. At Disney, there are shows, parades, good food, and interesting attractions, like the talking trash cans or the "Mayor" in Magic Kingdom... just different things to look at besides just rides.

Apparently my older nephew is something of a weirdo, lol. We took him for the first time for his third birthday, and he didn't GET the rides! It took a couple of days for us to get him to realize that sitting in some moving vehicle, looking at the stuff you pass was the whole point. He thought it was like any other car ride, and kept wanting to know why they all brought us right back to where we started, and when we were finally going to get to wherever the heck we were trying to go!

I have two boys, ages 14 and 11, and they never get tired of the rides. They could go on and on and on! I, however, love them too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter