Do They Know Its Christmas - NO! A Surprise PTR

Oh gosh we didn't find it great. Bit meh but maybe it was an off day. Some of the characters just didn't bother much. A pat on the head and they were off! But let me tell you about the cheesecake. It was the best ever! I made up for a middling experience by eating €59.50s worth of cheesecake :lmao:

Shhhhhh. lol We're having the dinner rather than the brunch. Not sure how different the range is........ I love cheesecake though, so I'll stock up!!! hehe

On a serious note though, I mentioned my gut feeling worry about it last night (he's a picky eater too and I was worried about things not being labelled properly - as people have mentioned on here) but he looked online at pictures and as it's our last trip to DLP for a while (sob! :sad2: ) and has decided we'll give it a go as we've never done it before! (And our budget covers it!)

C x

cdsmiler81 said:
Shhhhhh. lol We're having the dinner rather than the brunch. Not sure how different the range is........ I love cheesecake though, so I'll stock up!!! hehe

On a serious note though, I mentioned my gut feeling worry about it last night (he's a picky eater too and I was worried about things not being labelled properly - as people have mentioned on here) but he looked online at pictures and as it's our last trip to DLP for a while (sob! :sad2: ) and has decided we'll give it a go as we've never done it before! (And our budget covers it!)

C x

Definitely go for it! I reckon we just choose an off day or time but I would give it another go as opposed to Plaza Gardens which is forever off the list! The CMs in inventions were great but in PG we got the snottiest waitress ever! Things were labelled pretty well when we visited inventions, quite a lot of fish dishes but great steak too.

TheTizardFamily:0) said:
Yayyy! so excited to see this! :cool1:

Great PTR, your plans for the reveal are amazing!

Lol fingers crossed the hubs doesn't suffocate in the box :lmao:
I'll just put a few air holes in the side. Be grand!
I need to plan it out a bit more. Still a bit sketchy on it but that's the rough idea! Was thinking about using YouTube to tell them but we'll figure it out!

Hey Rach :wave:
I think I'll just buy blinkers for our Cheyenne stay in March and put them on before we pass the DLH!
I ordered a coat for Jem although I may change it for another colour as it doesn't match her hat & gloves! Managed to tick loads of the list the past few days. And as soon as the kids get back to school I should have a couple of weeks before college starts so I can print their bits for their surprise without being rumbled and I'll make sure to post photos.
How was Liverpool?
xxx

Think you will have to take your march trip as a back to the old west holiday think back to the future 2 !!!
I'm a big back to the future fan ;)
Soooo looking forward to the pics of what you've bought already your so organised :worship:.
Liverpool was fab love the liverpool one with the beach on the top this time last week I was sipping cocktails there at the beach bar kids loved the zoo but it's still not disney is it thinking of a early trip end July next year get the most from our APs ??.
Aww Christmas is going to be so much fun
Xx

ILOVEDLP said:
Think you will have to take your march trip as a back to the old west holiday think back to the future 2 !!!
I'm a big back to the future fan ;)
Soooo looking forward to the pics of what you've bought already your so organised :worship:.
Liverpool was fab love the liverpool one with the beach on the top this time last week I was sipping cocktails there at the beach bar kids loved the zoo but it's still not disney is it thinking of a early trip end July next year get the most from our APs ??.
Aww Christmas is going to be so much fun
Xx

Have to love Marty McFly! They just don't make good films like that anymore!
Ah I love the whole Western theme. I just hope we get a better room then 2011. It was a bit shabby but hey its dlp!
Glad you enjoyed Liverpool. We were there a few years ago and had great fun. Loads of cocktails which led to a new tattoo! I'd love a nice cocktail now! You've put the want on me!!
And July seems to be less mental then August to visit.
Love making the most of those APS ;)

Great start your reveal sounds so exciting :-D. Can't believe I will miss you by a couple of days! :-( loving that your dh is joining you....I have a similar dh who just doesn't get it :'( really looking forward to hearing how your plans evolve...
.may even start on my own ptr too ;-)

Lol and we weren't impressed with Restaurant des Stars!!!!! I think that's the problem with buffets - they can be variable - I'm just hoping that Inventions will be good (for the price, it better had be!!).

C x

One time it was great, the other not so. But only due to theme and character interaction. Magical forest was fantastic and Marry Poppins no too good. But food was wonderful both times.

Pizza planet was never open in March on any our visits (that's in 4 years), so I don't put my hopes high for this visit too.

Never been to Agrabah cafe, it's been open, it's been open in March, but I always doubt about the food and if my boys will find something to eat.

I prefer Restaurant des stars to plaza gardens. As plaza gardens is always so crowded.

Disneyfanswicklow said:
Great start your reveal sounds so exciting :-D. Can't believe I will miss you by a couple of days! :-( loving that your dh is joining you....I have a similar dh who just doesn't get it :'( really looking forward to hearing how your plans evolve...
.may even start on my own ptr too ;-)

Hey Jo! :wave:
I know it's such a pity we won't be there at the same time :-(
Did you get an email from Aer Lingus? They are now doing night before check in and bag drop! I'm seriously debating it. I reckon it'll be much quieter then that morning and I love anything that makes things less stressful! My only concern is my make up but I'll look at sizes and that.
Go on!! Start your ptr!!
What will we do with these men at all!?
Thanks so much for following along xxx

Isila said:
One time it was great, the other not so. But only due to theme and character interaction. Magical forest was fantastic and Marry Poppins no too good. But food was wonderful both times.

Pizza planet was never open in March on any our visits (that's in 4 years), so I don't put my hopes high for this visit too.

Never been to Agrabah cafe, it's been open, it's been open in March, but I always doubt about the food and if my boys will find something to eat.

I prefer Restaurant des stars to plaza gardens. As plaza gardens is always so crowded.

We are the same with Agrabah. I just don't know if the kids would eat very much. I'd love to try it though!
Cafe Mickey is DHs least favourite restaurant but the kids love it. Too many choices! I'm thinking on King Ludwigs too. We had two great meals there.

We'll be doing at least one character meal. I doubt it's going to be Inventions. I'd love to do Sunday brunch, but I'm not sure if we're staying on Sunday and what the theme is and if newbies are ready to pay that much money.
Also I was thinking about booking a simple Inventions dinner as I expect food to be better than at Mickey's cafe. But on the other hand why not give MC a chance? Price would be good, food can be so so, but the characters would be practically the same. And I just don't want to be seated in that glass area :scared: So, I'm not sure. Depends on what our other trip cast members will say and how much money I will save.

I'm glad we tried Hakuna Matata on our last visit - food was great :thumbsup2

And I think we'll do restaurant des stars even without Remy. I like the food there. Because I'm not sure where else to eat at studios :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Following along! You're one of my planning role models on these boards here! I hope I did at least something right for our trip ;-) I'm very excited it's only 9 days away (I will write a trip report, but I'm currently learning for one of my exams, so you have to wait a bit ;-)).

We'll be doing at least one character meal. I doubt it's going to be Inventions. I'd love to do Sunday brunch, but I'm not sure if we're staying on Sunday and what the theme is and if newbies are ready to pay that much money.
Also I was thinking about booking a simple Inventions dinner as I expect food to be better than at Mickey's cafe. But on the other hand why not give MC a chance? Price would be good, food can be so so, but the characters would be practically the same. And I just don't want to be seated in that glass area :scared: So, I'm not sure. Depends on what our other trip cast members will say and how much money I will save.

I'm glad we tried Hakuna Matata on our last visit - food was great :thumbsup2

And I think we'll do restaurant des stars even without Remy. I like the food there. Because I'm not sure where else to eat at studios :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Have you looked at Chez Remy?
I think I'll just force DH to come to Cafe Mickeys ;) I'll buy him a beer in The Sports Bar 1st to make him less sassy!

Following along! You're one of my planning role models on these boards here! I hope I did at least something right for our trip ;-) I'm very excited it's only 9 days away (I will write a trip report, but I'm currently learning for one of my exams, so you have to wait a bit ;-)).

Aaaawh Thanks so much! I'm actually blushing! I just love being organised!! DH is super laid back so one of us needs to be! Ok maybe I'm just a control freak :rotfl::rotfl:
So looking forward to your TR. I'll be patiently waiting by the laptop! Where are you staying?
Best of luck with your exams! This time next month I'll be starting back to college after 9 years! Yay for poor students :cheer2:
Have a great trip :cool1:

Oh forgot to add, hoping to get loads done and do a proper update this weekend!
DH is away to Prague in the morning for his friends stag so I'll be home alone geeking up on DLP, making plans and watching films with the kids. I'm thinking the classics, the kids need a good Disney education! Maybe Snow White and Pinocchio and possibly Aladdin.

Aaaaaaand only 95 sleeps to go :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

DH is away to Prague in the morning for his friends stag so I'll be home alone geeking up on DLP, making plans and watching films with the kids. I'm thinking the classics, the kids need a good Disney education! Maybe Snow White and Pinocchio and possibly Aladdin.

Rosebug has only recently watched Snow White for the first time. She loved it! She is also a huge Pinocchio fan!

I can't bring myself to watch Aladdin atm. :sad:

First tell me about the tattoo in Liverpool ????
I only have one keep saying I'm going to get a disney one but all my money go's on disney trips ;).
Some great movies to watch this weekend Kizzy I love Pocahontas and Hercules too the twins have only really now noticed how many disney DVD we have.
They where kind of stuck on the same ones toy story and frozen.
They watch meet the Robison the other day and really enjoyed that :):)
Hope you get the cocktails in for movie night
Xx

RoseBug said:
Rosebug has only recently watched Snow White for the first time. She loved it! She is also a huge Pinocchio fan!

I can't bring myself to watch Aladdin atm. :sad:

I just want to reminisce. It and Mrs Doubtfire were my two favourites when I was DDs age. Such a loss.
DS is fond of Pinocchio too! They sung I got no strings for his Christmas play so he's been keen to watch it since. Himself and RoseBug are close in age too. He will be 6 the end of January. It's a great age. He's just hilarious atm! Lying like a pro about the funniest things! He convinced my niece that our cat lost an ear fighting. How do they even think of these things!?

ILOVEDLP said:
First tell me about the tattoo in Liverpool ????
I only have one keep saying I'm going to get a disney one but all my money go's on disney trips ;).
Some great movies to watch this weekend Kizzy I love Pocahontas and Hercules too the twins have only really now noticed how many disney DVD we have.
They where kind of stuck on the same ones toy story and frozen.
They watch meet the Robison the other day and really enjoyed that :):)
Hope you get the cocktails in for movie night
Xx

Lol it is actually my favourite. I have 5 but would scrap 3, maybe 4 if I had the money to get them removed!
http://instagram.com/p/OOvKzFSuKu/
That's it ^^^
I must admit I've not seen Hercules! I really need to. Or Meet The Robinsons. I'm slacking big style!
James has Ratatouille on repeat lately. We need some diversity!
I'd say one cocktail and I would be on the floor. My last proper night out was April. Went out with my friends from school for dinner and drinks. Very classy ;) Was getting sick in the bath by 2 am! ! xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter