Do you find yourself bringing more or less into the parks than you used to?

Do you bring more or less into the parks than you used to?

• more

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • less

Votes: 117 75.0%
  • the same amount every time

Votes: 26 16.7%

• Total voters
Haven't had my 2nd trip yet (58 days, I'm in the home stretch!) but I can definitely say I plan on bringing less than my first time this past spring. I had done so much research and thought I needed to bring all this stuff last time. It all fit in a relatively small crossbody bag, but still. My fiancé didn't really enjoy us having to keep track of it. And most of the stuff we brought in we ended up not using! Definitely planning to cutting it down a little this trip. Don't need to bring full bottles of ibuprofen and Tylenol, a few pills for the day will suffice. We also bought a nicer camera for the last trip, and we are considering not using it next time because we've both upgraded phones since then and our phone cameras are really nice now, we're not sure we need a separate camera. That will cut out a lot of extra weight right there!

How do you all get drinks of water? QS cups? Single use bottles? Looking for ideas to simplify. Maybe I'm addicted to ice water?!

My fiancé and I bought some collapsible water bottles on Amazon (I don't know exactly which ones we purchased, but there are a ton on there). We were able to keep them rolled up nice and tiny in our bag when we weren't using them, then open it up and fill it and drink from it when we were. And the more you drink from it, the smaller you can make it to stick it back in the bag. Don't think this would allow for ice water but if room temp water doesn't bother you, this worked great for us!

I can go bagless if I go kidless, but last trip I went with my friend who lost a kidney to kidney cancer, so we had a small string bag with waters for her.

A string bag with lots of snacks, on our first trip. My youngest needed to eat something every 20-30 minutes or all heck would break loose. Since we had to carry something, anyway, I had a card carrier, camera, etc in there. We continued to use a string bag but were able to reduce the food stores, finally! For my upcoming trip, I'll continue to put a few things in a clear ziplock, string bag in my pocket, and go through bag check while my partner in crime heads to the other line. Ladies sometimes need to carry things along with a charger and money. Bag check doesn't bother me because I scope out the people already in line. I don't know that waiting for the scanners is any better. At some point, I'll be going with pocket stuff, only!

Less for me for sure. First it was traveling with a baby and then toddler, so diapers, food, other things for them // Next it was lots of travel with an extended family group of 10-12 on a tight budget -- cooler backpack, food (sandwiches (like 15 to 20 of these), fruit, cheese crackers, juice boxes, snacks. This saved us a lot of money and since we had a stroller too, we could have one soft sided cooler plus a cooler backpack. Now most of my trips to a WDW park are just me and my 22 year old -- DH doesn't care for Disney and that is so easy. DS is a photographer, so on my first few trips with just him, we had some camera equipment -- lenses, etc. He has enough great photos now, though, from past trips to make it easy he just takes his IPhone. With just two of us too, the budget is not overly tight, so we don't carry in food or drink -- easy peasy - less is great. But i have definitely enjoyed WDW every way I have done it -- even on those trips where I got up early and made and packed 15-20 sandwiches.

I bring as little as I possibly can. It is usually in a fanny pack or my hubby's pockets. Lip gloss, phone ( usually in my pocket), battery back up ( sometimes!), VB card pouch for AP and Debit card/gift card/cash. Sometimes I bring a poncho, not always though. That is about it.

have you ever used the flashlight? I have one on my phone but I've never needed it at Disney.

I generally try to carry a small flashlight whenever I have a bag. Soon after 9/11, I was at a safety drill and the fire marshal said one should never rely on the phone flash light in an emergency. You need the phone to make contact if trapped somewhere and the flashlight is a battery drain. Makes a lot of sense so I now carry almost everywhere I can. Especially when in an office building.

Heading back to WDW in 31 days. Planning to use a smaller bag than 2 yrs ago. But, I like having my own metal, insulated water bottle...last time brought it an refilled during the day. Would like to skip that, go lighter. How do you all get drinks of water? QS cups? Single use bottles? Looking for ideas to simplify. Maybe I'm addicted to ice water?!
We are wife and husband 50-ish, no kids

Free ice water is available at quick service locations.

When our son was younger and we were still new to the parks I carried a sling pack with a myriad of "necessities". Now that our son is older (18), I carry a small ziplock bag with a few motrin and bandaids in one pocket and a portable cell phone charger in the other. It is so much nicer going bag-less!

If it were just me, a phone, external charger, and card. DH and I are taking our 2 yo grandson. I'm having back and knee problems right now. I'm carefully deciding what we'll have to pack in a backpack for him. Snacks and water/juice boxes can stay in the stroller. I remember the days of hauling around heavy bags with our kids!

I put the same. I have NEVER carried a bag. I just won't do it. There is nothing I need that I can't carry in my pockets. The only thing I carry to WDW parks that I don't carry in regular life daily is the portable phone charger, and sometimes a baggie to protect phone and charger on Kali and Splash. Since I leave my house keys, my gift cards, usually my change carrier, and sometimes my car keys behind in WDW, I am actually carrying less than I carry every day.

Before kids? Very small crossbody with just enough room for my phone, credit card, a bit of cash, sunscreen. On some days we also had a small bag of ponchos that we rotated carrying or stashed in a locker.

Now with 2 kids 18 months apart in age, both in diapers, our load is much heavier with diapers, wipes, extra clothes, snacks, bottles, cups, etc. I have to bring all that for a simple Target run. Imagine a full day at the parks! :)

Heading back to WDW in 31 days. Planning to use a smaller bag than 2 yrs ago. But, I like having my own metal, insulated water bottle...last time brought it an refilled during the day. Would like to skip that, go lighter. How do you all get drinks of water? QS cups? Single use bottles? Looking for ideas to simplify. Maybe I'm addicted to ice water?!
We are wife and husband 50-ish, no kids

If going during the summer months I'll bring a disposable water bottle and then toss when I don't feel like carrying it around anymore.
Or I'll go to QS for a cup of ice water.
Or just drink from the water fountains.
Going in the winter I generally don't need much water.

BTW I don't think I'd ever go bagless.
Everything I bring now I have used and while its small its not items I want stuffed into my pockets.
I actually just ordered a much smaller flashlight that is supposed to be almost as powerful as my current one so if it works that would make my bag much lighter and more spacious.

We bring nothing but magic bands and $20. Sometimes my husband might bring his wallet, but not usually. Now we are forced to bring a phone because of mde, but I resent having to.

Less...
We started going to Disney when our kids were babies/toddlers, so we were carrying a diaper bag. One trip, we were on a very tight budget so we even brought in a picnic lunch and snacks each day--we put perishables in insulated lunch bags with ice bags and then put them in one big back pack.

Now our kids are older (youngest is 11) and we bring the bare minimum. The last time I was there, I didn't even bring a purse. I wore pants with a large zippered pocket that I could fit my phone, my ID, and a credit card in. That's all I needed.

I think it depends on the time of year. We’re here for Christmas and have decided to go bagless to avoid the bag check lines. Each kid has their sunglasses, phone and hat/ears. I carry the cash and cards in my wallet. We sunscreen before we go. Has worked great. Now as a disclaimer, we do breakup the day and regroup at the hotel and change clothes before heading out for the evening restocked.

I wear a lanyard that has my car key attached to it along with a pouch to hold my license, AP card, TIW card, credit card and chapstick. Phone goes in my pocket. If I’m thirsty I get a free cup of ice water from QS.

Less. Bring phone in pocket and wear magic band or the puck in a clip. Wear lanyard with DVC and AP cards for discounts with drivers license. Not sure why they can't see that on the MB. Used to bring backpack with ponchos, water bottles, sunscreen and camera. No bags anymore due to crazy bag check lines.

As far as drinking water...now with just 3 FP we aren't in the parks for long....like 2-3 hours max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter