• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do you have a "place"?

Mexican restaurant up the street from us, delicious food, they know our drinks and mine and daughters order- we get the same every time. DH orders different stuff though.

Excellent. We live near North and Harlem, but use Midway all the time. Next time I'm that way, we will stop. I'm picking up my mom in a couple weeks from MDW, depending on her "mood" we will get pizza from there. LOL

I feel that that's right by Peaches....THE PLACE FOR PROM DRESSES. Right?

Yes! We pass it on the way coming from the northwest! I love the window displays, and Peaches is THE place - they take the name and school of the girl then won't sell the same dress to any other girl from that school. And it's EXPENSIVE!

North Rd and Harlem - I'm vaguely familiar with that area - although I don't usually go much more north on Harlem than Costco on Harlem and 26th in North Riverside lol I have been up there near you at Triton a few times, though!

Last edited:
Yes! We pass it on the way coming from the northwest! I love the window displays, and Peaches is THE place - they take the name and school of the girl then won't sell the same dress to any other girl from that school. And it's EXPENSIVE!

North Rd and Harlem - I'm vaguely familiar with that area - although I don't usually go much more north on Harlem than Costco on Harlem and 26th in North Riverside lol I have been up there near you at Triton a few times, though!
Praise the Lord that I'm done with Peaches $$$$. The dresses truly are one of a kind. People travel from Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana to get their dresses there. LOL

I'm very near Triton - its about a mile west of me. The corner of North and Harlem has a different town/city on each corner. Chicago, Oak Park, River Forest and Elmwood Park. Your Costco is about 4 miles south of me.

Nope. We don't eat out very often. Maybe take out once a month and sit down one other time. It's too expensive to be eating out.
And when we do go I like to try new (to us) places.

The cashiers at the grocery store recognize me. My teens eat. A. lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter