Do you have a summer vacation booked?

We are going to Yellowstone loosely copying the adventures by Disney itinerary, staying at one of the same resorts in outside Yellowstone but the dude ranch they go to is all booked up by ABD for the summer, staying a wolf sanctuary b&b instead in WY. We had this same trip booked for 2020 so we just pushed it out a year.
I never thought to just copy ABD itinerary but that's a great idea! I've known multiple people that in the summer/early fall took the opportunity to do some national parks. At a wolf sanctuary? What's that experience described as?

I'm just hoping that we're allowed to travel to my parent's house (only 2.5 hours ago, in the same province). There's currently a stay-at-home order, so other than work/groceries/doctor's visits, we aren't supposed to go anywhere.

I'm amazed at how much travel you guys are still doing in the states. I'm just hoping to be able to travel out of the country by mid 2022. Legally and safely.

To be clear I'm talking about official public health advice and right now that includes maintaining social distancing and mask wearing even with a vaccine.

The website you posted said "Many Epidemiologists Want Social Distancing and Masks Forever—Even After the Vaccine" well yeah I'm sure they do, makes their jobs infinitely easier. We're not talking about wants though. I don't really want to get into a theoretical discussion respectfully, that wasn't the idea when I posted what I posted.

Btw Dr's Fauci and Birx are in the masks and social distancing forever camp and they set the national direction.

As for the vaccine I'm required to have it so we'll get that out of the way.

I never thought to just copy ABD itinerary but that's a great idea! I've known multiple people that in the summer/early fall took the opportunity to do some national parks. At a wolf sanctuary? What's that experience described as?
This is the website: https://www.howlersinn.com/
It looks so beautiful there. We copied the ABD for Grand Canyon a few years ago too and it was amazing. The head guide was actually in line to check in right behind me at our resort in Moab. I feel like for a trip in the US, ABD is way too overpriced, if it’s somewhere I didn’t know the language that’s a different story.

I'm not a fan of Fauci when he talks this way. Honestly, what's the point of getting the vaccine if you are still supposed to socially distance and stay at home? People have been travelling this whole time. It's all madness to me at this point.

Basically, by getting the vaccine you're protecting yourself. By continuing to wear masks and distance, you're protecting those around you.

Expect this advice to change if/when evidence shows that vaccinated people do not spread the virus. Right now, we don't know if that's the case or if they can still harbor contagious levels of virus in their nasal passages without getting sick (and the same is true of those with immunity from contracting the virus). All we know for sure is that vaccination prevents serious illness. Until we know with some level of certainty that it also prevents contagion - which it probably does, but the data collection isn't there yet to count on it - the other precautions are necessary as well.

This is the website: https://www.howlersinn.com/
It looks so beautiful there. We copied the ABD for Grand Canyon a few years ago too and it was amazing. The head guide was actually in line to check in right behind me at our resort in Moab. I feel like for a trip in the US, ABD is way too overpriced, if it’s somewhere I didn’t know the language that’s a different story.
Thanks for that link! It looks so beautiful there. It's been a long time since my husband and I have done a B&B but when we have we've seemed to prefer the lodge-style. This place sounds so unique and honestly the price isn't too bad. I watched a tv show a few years back about wolves and wolf-hybrids. Sanctuaries have become so important for those that are unable to go out into the wild for one reason or another. Despite knowing a few DISers that have done ABD I never really looked into that much but now I think I might take a look just for seeing if some of the places can be replicated on our own. I do agree with you about domestic vs international.

I live in Florida. I try not to go outside during summer. My vacation plans reflect that. January through April, maybe May at the latest and then nothing planned until late October, early November. It's just too dang hot and humid.

No summer vacation booked yet. Still only January and far too early to know how the covid vaccine rollout will progress. Covid remains just as highly contagious (and some new strains more so) then last March/April when this first started. No one can say if travel will be safe/recommended for this coming summer at this point.

Like I said I don't really care regarding travel in general, don't feel like you have to rationalize it to me personally :) I've got a trip myself planned in a while (though we're still iffy at the moment) I'm just saying don't make the plans just because you got vaccinated. They've been talking about it for a few months now how worried they are that people will just drop it all once they get vaccinated and we just can't have that en masse yet. Mentally we can only handle so much so I'm understanding, I'm just seeing a lot of the same types of comments.
In places like Canada where it isn’t really up to us to just decide when we feel comfortable to resume things, we are clinging to the very reasonable expectation that as vaccinations roll out, cases will decline. When cases decline and our stated goals of preserving healthcare capacity are achieved, we bloody well better see a relaxation of restrictions, including travel. Most of us have been very compliant with restrictions but there certainly is a limit. As of now, I’d imagine any of us making travel plans are doing so with the understanding that border controls and quarantine requirements will have to be eased or plans cancelled. Here’s to hoping!

In places like Canada where it isn’t really up to us to just decide when we feel comfortable to resume things, we are clinging to the very reasonable expectation that as vaccinations roll out, cases will decline. When cases decline and our stated goals of preserving healthcare capacity are achieved, we bloody well better see a relaxation of restrictions, including travel. Most of us have been very compliant with restrictions but there certainly is a limit. As of now, I’d imagine any of us making travel plans are doing so with the understanding that border controls and quarantine requirements will have to be eased or plans cancelled. Here’s to hoping!

Yes of course posters in other countries are likely making plans with the understanding that cancellation may occur especially with border closures but in the U.S.? If I look at this Board and FB and Nextdoor people are gearing up for domestic travel like none other almost the moment they get vaccinated and because they got vaccinated. Though some may be prepared to cancel at a moment's notice plans are still being made ("I'll be vaccinated by then, I just got vaccinated, etc"). Domestic travel isn't prohibited but from public health standpoint significant increased travel due to growing number of individuals being vaccinated is a real cause for concern at this point. It's like taking a short cut in order to get to the finish line faster.

My viewpoint is I don't care if you're traveling so long as you're taking precautions (which includes mask wearing and social distancing regardless of vaccinated status or not) but if you wouldn't travel before because of the virus don't travel now just because you got a vaccine or will have gotten a vaccine by then. That's what prompted Fauci to make the comment he made. And regardless of it being Fauci or not (as I have my own opinions on him) the point still stands.

I certainly hope your restrictions ease :flower3: These next few months for both the U.S. and other places with consistent vaccinations will be quite telling.

For those who have cruises are you anticipating cancelations? Will you keep rebooking or eventually give up? Cruises are so hard right now I keep hearing about cancelations, I don't know if I could take keep getting canceled on.
I’m not anticipating our cruise being cancelled since it is a year away. Hopefully everyone who wants the vaccine will have gotten it by then. And I imagine having the vaccine will be mandatory on any cruise. I expect we will still have to wear masks in public areas and I’m okay with that. If the cruise does get cancelled we will reschedule it for the next year if the same cruise is offered.

No, I don't have anything booked yet, but I hope to schedule one soon. Last June my husband and I had an England trip booked that we had to cancel. I was hoping we could go this summer, doesn't look promising. I now have 2000 in credits with United Airlines that I have to use by April 2022. It seems like a long time but we actually travel in summertime, so need to use it this year. What happens if you book a flight with credits and they cancel that flight? I've never been in this situation before, so frustrating. I will definitely make sure everything we book lodging wise is refundable, learned my lesson there. My husband and I got our first passports end of summer 2019 in anticipation of our overseas trip to England last year, still have yet to use them.

We have a Europe cruise booked for August, which we are going to move to 2022 when the new dates are released. We are in Canada so lots more restrictions up here as no doubt many of you have heard. We will just be happy if we can travel outside of BC this summer - hoping we can go up to the Yukon. DH wanted to go across the country to the Maritimes but it's WAY too expensive to fly there. I can fly to Europe for cheaper.

We booked a cabin at the lake for August. It will be our first trip since Jan. 2020. We were supposed to go to Europe, but at this point I will go just about anywhere! We had a National Park road trip planned for last summer but so far we are just planning to stay in state. It would be great to take that trip this summer. The kids have a short summer coming up. Virtual school since Mar. 2020, and they do not get out of school this year until June 26. They have to start back before Labor Day this fall.

My oldest would love that! I’m going to pass this info on to her and see what she thinks. We were supposed to visit a wolf sanctuary in Washington last summer but we had to cancel.
I have the guest house booked there since we are a family of 5, I love that it has a kitchen. It looks so peaceful, so different from where we live in soFLo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter