Do you know your blood type?

Actually I don’t know. I asked my doctor recently and he said it’s kind of expensive to type blood so I would be better off giving blood to find out. In college we were supposed to type our own blood in a lab but I was too chicken to stick myself. I have had surgeries so it should be in my records but it is not.

I only found out when I was pregnant with my second child and a new OBGYN blood typed me. I'm A+.

My husband is B+. I have no idea what my kids are. My mother, who is 76, has no idea what she is. We were all wondering just recently after hearing that those with A type blood may struggle worse with COVID.

I’m O- with B antibodies. Only 7% of Canadians have that blood type.

I always knew you were very special! ;)

I've been told that my lung disease (Alpha1) can be traced back to one Viking family. Kind of strange; still not sure I believe that. But growing up Mom always told me I had Viking blood in me from my father's side. Guess Alpha one proves that part.

I am O-. DH is O+. I’m fairly sure two of my girls are O- and one is O+ although I might have that reversed . Because I am negative and he is positive, I had to have an injection about halfway through my pregnancies in case the babies were positive. Then after I delivered I needed another one if the babies were positive. I think I only needed the second injection after my first child.

Interesting because last month an application I was filling out asked for blood type (I assume in case of injury so the blood needed would be known). I always knew my blood type, but now that it had been a while since I have needed it for anything, I couldn’t remember for sure if I was + or -. I called my doctor’s office (I have been with them for probably thirty years now), and they didn’t know, saying it was not something they ever tested for unless requested.

O- Like my Dad. He always gave blood a lot in the Air Force because he was a universal donor. I can't give blood because I have chronic anemia.

I don't know what mine is. I asked at the doctors office last year and she said they don't test unless they have a reason to because insurance generally won't pay for it. She said if I really wanted to know, my best bet was to go and donate blood.

I don't know. I asked at my last appointment, but my doctor said it wouldn't be in my records unless I'd had major surgery.

If you've ever had blood drawn for routine bloodwork, couldn't you just ask your type?

Nope. I get bloodwork at every well visit, because of my low platelets, but it isn't included in the results.

Yep I was in the military. Everyone in the military knows their blood type. It’s on your dog tags. I’m o positive

MY FIL was told by the Red Cross when he donated that his dog tags were wrong!

A-.

I agree that if you need transfusions, they run a check then and there and don't take your word for it. Too terrible an outcome if you mis-remembered or were just plain wrong about it.

I didn't love reading that "As" were more likely to have a worse coronavirus case than the other types. Whaaaat? Not fair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter