• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you Tivo all the Travel Channel Disney Specials?

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
We have 4 or 5 tivo'd, never to be deleted, I hope. There was one on recently, Behind the Scenes. I caught the tail end of it and then went and searched to see if it would be on again, and found, maybe not the same one I was watching, but another one coming on in the next hour. So I tivo'd and watched it later.

So what, you say, well, when I got about 25 minutes into the show, they were showing clips of Mission Space, and who walks across the screen but my son. Honest. I didn't catch it, but hubby did. When my son was at WDW on the College Program in 2003, he was able to be in some promotional tapings, one of which was for the program aired on the History channel (we have that tivo'd, too :flower: ) with astronaut Jim Lovell (who he got to meet).

So, if you have that program tivo'd, watch the Mission Space segment and when you see folks walking thru the cue from the right hand side of the screen to the left, look for a young man in khaki shorts and a maroon t-shirt. He turns and points off to his right (didn't notice if it was a Disney point or not). To be honest, you may have to put in slo-motion in order to catch him, he goes by very quickly.

The program had a 2001 date, but while watching we commented that there were several things that were newer than 2001, so it had to have been an earlier show that was updated.

We knew they might use that footage for other things than the History Channel show, as he had to sign a release, but never thought he would be on the Travel Channel, maybe the in-room stuff, etc.

We thought it was kind of fun and know it won't be as special to anyone else but us, but wanted to share. :teeth:

Disney TV listings...

I found this site awhile back. It is great! We also have TIVO set to tape anything Disney. A matter of fact I was just about to post a new show coming up - Perfect Proposal on The Learning Channel on 7/28 @ 11 AM when I saw this post.

Given DH and I got engaged in Cindy's castle back in 1993 I'm excited to see this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter