Does anyone else kind of just want to get this virus and get it over with?

https://www.wthr.com/article/parents-indy-sports-agent-die-minutes-apart-coronavirus
Very sad case and people want to get it to get over it why?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...ctim-new-jersey-baseball-coach-ben-luderer-30
And this-

so those who want to get it still think it’s a good idea?

Those are very sad stories, but like someone upthread said getting it is not an automatic death sentence.
I don't know anyone who really wants to get it, and I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't either. It's just a vent thread.
The fact is that the majority of people who get this will be just fine, so for every single story of someone dying, there are many more of people surviving.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
1,009,568 cases worldwide
52,855 deaths
211,879 recovered
Of the currently infected patients (744,834)
707,122 (95%) are in mild condition
37,712 (5%) are in critical condition

I don't want to talk statistics-everyone around me, wanting to comfort me, are telling me that I'll likely be okay. It's not certain, they're just trying to stop me from panicking. I have an anxiety disorder to go along with this illness and my loved ones want me to try and relax.

I know the OP was just venting, this is *not* directed at her, but at anyone who really does think that they just want to get COVID-19 to "get it over with." No. Nonono. I live every day with the knowledge that I could start to feel better one day, only to be dead by this time next week. I'm living with the knowledge that, although I took every precaution as did my family, I was still around them for days before I began having symptoms and have exposed them all. How were we to know that I was sick if I felt perfectly healthy? I went to bed feeling fine one night, and the next day I had a cough and a fever. *Literally* the next day, there was no, 'oh I think I may be coming down with something.' Thank God I am one of the ones who is not...at least not yet...having breathing difficulties. This could also change in an instant. I have never felt so bad in my life. You don't want this, at the very least, you don't want the crushing knowledge that something inside of you might kill you at any time.

Having said all of the above, I have to repeat that I've *not* been tested. My doctor was very sorry about this, but because I can breathe I don't qualify for one of the 60 tests a day being given out in my county in New Jersey.

I don't want to talk statistics-everyone around me, wanting to comfort me, are telling me that I'll likely be okay. It's not certain, they're just trying to stop me from panicking. I have an anxiety disorder to go along with this illness and my loved ones want me to try and relax.

I know the OP was just venting, this is *not* directed at her, but at anyone who really does think that they just want to get COVID-19 to "get it over with." No. Nonono. I live every day with the knowledge that I could start to feel better one day, only to be dead by this time next week. I'm living with the knowledge that, although I took every precaution as did my family, I was still around them for days before I began having symptoms and have exposed them all. How were we to know that I was sick if I felt perfectly healthy? I went to bed feeling fine one night, and the next day I had a cough and a fever. *Literally* the next day, there was no, 'oh I think I may be coming down with something.' Thank God I am one of the ones who is not...at least not yet...having breathing difficulties. This could also change in an instant. I have never felt so bad in my life. You don't want this, at the very least, you don't want the crushing knowledge that something inside of you might kill you at any time.

Having said all of the above, I have to repeat that I've *not* been tested. My doctor was very sorry about this, but because I can breathe I don't qualify for one of the 60 tests a day being given out in my county in New Jersey.

I hope you recover without complications. Hang in there! Easier said than done.

And I know I would feel the same way as you if I actually did get the virus and I don't actually want to get the virus, FWIW. Anxiety is a terrible affliction. Hopefully, for you, the anxiety will be the worst part of your bout with this illness.

Best wishes that your family remains virus free.

I came down with it first. I thought it was the flu because it was so mild. My husband told me it was Coronavirus and the vast majority of people had mild or no symptoms. He also told me that it was okay not to sterilize things because it was pretty much inevitable that we could avoid the virus, and kids were coming through it okay. He said we could get the immunity accomplished now, as any further mutations would be likely to be weaker versions of the virus.As it turns out, we had 3 completely asymptomatic positive kids, one mild positive (me), and he somehow managed to come out negative, despite working in the ER.

Very sad case and people want to get it to get over it why?

And this-

so those who want to get it still think it’s a good idea?

I think there's a fundamental difference in thinking about this that isn't going to be bridged by discussion: some people are operating under the belief that there is a path forward by which they will be able to keep from getting it, while others are operating under the assumption that most of us are going to get it before this is over. If getting it is inevitable - and I believe it is for most of us - the impulse to get it over with is understandable, despite the risk (and despite the sad stories, which are inevitable with any event of this scale).

I think there's a fundamental difference in thinking about this that isn't going to be bridged by discussion: some people are operating under the belief that there is a path forward by which they will be able to keep from getting it, while others are operating under the assumption that most of us are going to get it before this is over. If getting it is inevitable - and I believe it is for most of us - the impulse to get it over with is understandable, despite the risk (and despite the sad stories, which are inevitable with any event of this scale).

You really also can't ignore the reality that in many places, hospitals aren't anywhere near overwhelmed yet, so getting it now is probably better than getting it 2-4 weeks from now.

In our county with about 650 cases , 115 are hospitalized with 47 in ICU beds. We have 670 ICU beds on our county.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter