Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
It`s that time of year again..........Another trip has passed and we were now back home only dreaming of the wonderous time we had while we were at Royal Pacific and Orlando Every year we say the thing, it can`t get any better than the year before.......and every year it just seems to be enhanced from previous trip in some way or another. RPR has always been an amazing resort and it truly is our home away from home. Folks ask if we never get fed up staying there or wouldn't we prefer a villa.........short answer is no.....we never get fed up there, its so beautiful and they look after us so well. As for a villa.......too much like a home.......I don't want something that's like home......I want a hotel to be taken care of and looked after and that's exactly what we get at RPR.

If you have missed our previous trip reports, where have you been :goodvibes..........we are Carole "n" Tom......the "n" has been added by our friends, as they claim we are a double act.......apparently you never see one without the other......except when he is at work of course.......but it`s true, we are always together and quite enjoy that actually. We spend an inordinate amount of time together with many friends wondering how we do it.......simple, we enjoy each others company a lot. We will be married 25 years next year and can honestly say we`ve never been happier.......we adore our time in Orlando and at RPR and we try to treasure every minute we are there.

Someone missing again this year is our 22 year old son Kyle. He graduated from University in July with a Masters degree in Chemical Engineering, so he obviously had career obligations now. We would Skype again whenever we knew he would be around, so that would help a bit. But, we did miss him a lot. It`s always strange when things change with growing families. But we were, and are incredibly proud of him for his fantastic achievements with his degree.

So, for a non planner like me this trip had started being planned as we left the hotel last year. Our booking was arranged as always before we left. We knew our rough dates and would call our friend if there were any changes to that. Once back home it was my task to get flights booked as soon as we could, I think we waited a whole month this time which seemed ages! But flights were booked with exit row seats as they give you so much room with no one in front.......we had them last few years and were glad to see they hadnt been booked.

Next was our night at the airport. We live around three and a half hours away from the airport, so we do like to travel the day before and stay overnight as our flight is 10.15am. It adds a day and the Radisson is a beautiful hotel, very relaxing and we stay there every year. It is attached by a Skywalk to both terminals, so it`s literally a 5 minute walk down in the morning. No having to get shuttles or cabs.

Travel Insurance is our next plan........always fun........age seems to add a few ££ more every year......or so it seems.......lol......

Rental Car.........we have used the same company for year. USRentacar. They are based in the UK but they offer any supplier you wish from the choices available. We for years went with Alamo and had no issues......last year we made the mistake of booking with Dollar. Never again. This year we chose Alamo.

So with that done, all we had to do was wait for September 16 to come along.

It was a long year, but as we looked back we couldn't believe how quickly it passed. It was a mixed year with the delight of Kyle`s Graduation in July, to the utter despair and disbelief of losing my best friend in June. To lose her so quickly from Terminal cancer was such a shock and knocked us all. But, although she never practiced what she preached, she never took a vacation, we knew she would want us to have the best time ever.

Wednesday 14th September

Tom had to go into the office this morning for a meeting he couldn't miss. I didn't mind as it gave me a chance to get everything packed........yes, we are last minute packers. People ask why I don't pack weeks ahead as it adds to the excitement........I always say, trust me.....I`m excited enough for our trip......but it`s just the way we do things. Tom had brought the suitcases down night before including my new one.......I say one.......I had bought 2 new purple ones.....but, a friend begged me to borrow one as she was flying to Saudi......not sure why she needed it, but ok, so I was down to one new one. Tom could have the older one. Well, I do mix and match the clothes in both.......just in case we lose one we'll both have some clothes to wear.

Didn't take long to get packed, and he was home by 11am. It was a grey miserable day so its always nice to leave on such a day knowing we are headed for heat and sunshine. I made us all some lunch and Kyle was home, so we ate together and of course it was on my mind we were leaving him again. Last year had been horrendous with it being the first time, but although I felt bad, I wasn't as distraught as previous year.

Cases were loaded in the car, again, never the same way every year........and them it was time to say goodbye.......we hugged the life out him, or so it seemed....then the tears came. He just kept saying to enjoy ourselves, he would be fine.........I know he would be, but as a mum it was hard. He would have fun and eat lots of chocolate cake..........

We finaly set off after he insisted we go..... and the weather just got better the closer we got up to Manchester. We live on the other side of the country and down a bit, but this was like another country.......beautiful blue skies and heat! After an uneventful journey, which are the best journeys, we arrived at The Radisson around 3pm. It was boiling hot when we got out of the air conditioned car.....wow.....hard to believe this was Manchester which is known for rain. And lots of it. But it was 82F. Hot.

i-TVzdrr9-XL.jpg

Managed to get parked which wasn't easy as it was full. They had a manager direct people to empty spaces as they became available. We only waited a few minutes. Thankfully it was decent space. Cases out and we walked round to the entrance, took the elevator and up to check in. We had booked a room which included the parking for our whole trip which is an excellent deal. We had requested a room with a runway view, there is now an extra charge for this but they didn't charge us as she said we were long term guests. We picked up a couple of toothbrushes for our stay as we had our own packed away in hold luggage. I think they have almost anything behind that desk........So once we were sorted we happily wandered up and viewed our room.

i-gCVCQh7-XL.jpg

i-MKnX7HV-XL.jpg

i-C5r3jZg-XL.jpg

i-pmqSVHq-XL.jpg

i-vxxGzX6-XL.jpg

i-TtCfbkf-XL.jpg

Obligatory selfy now.......

i-D6NQvZj-XL.jpg

i-gGCJCWN-XL.jpg

Not much of a view, but its lovely at night when everything is all lit up and sparkly.

As always, happy with the purple touches in the room.......the rooms are lovely and fresh and we always enjoy staying here. For us it`s worth it as it`s where our trip really begins.

We then took our hold luggage down to the terminal to do Sundown check in. This is so handy. Getting checked in and getting rid of hold luggage is ideal. Only took 5 minutes down the Skywalk, but as its all glass we were baked in there......thank goodness the terminal was cooler. Looked down to where it was and there was a small queue of around 10 people. This would be done in no time. It was. Got checked in and made sure we still had the exit row seats, which we did. All done and luggage on its way to the back of the airport somewhere.........that's always a worry.......will it make the right flight!! Not much we can do now, so we headed back down the skywalk which was like walking into the sun it was so hot......and headed for the bar.

i-xDS4kPZ-XL.jpg

The bar is a nice little place to sit anytime........it was surprisingly busy for 4.30ish, not that you would know it from these pictures......but we got a booth and made ourselves comfortable.......waiter came and we ordered a beer for Tom and a white wine for me.........this was our first drink to celebrate our trip...we were going to enjoy it. You can either order at the bar in here or take advantage of service, which we did. Much more civilised.

i-zwXZfbH-XL.jpg

i-sCjZXSH-XL.jpg

We sat for a couple of hours and just chatted and spoke at length of what was ahead of us on our trip this year.......we always have a rough idea of what we want to do, but never do we plan anything, except meets with friends of course. But the idea of planning what is supposed to be a relaxing trip fills us with horror.......each to their own, but not for us. We did a short Skype to Kyle from the bar just for a chat........he was ok.

It was so nice in the bar, but eventually we were beginning to get hungry......naturally......that's always a theme with us. We do like our food :rotfl:so we headed through to the restaurant and we got seated immediately by the window. We did request a table by the window.......and later we would wish we hadn't.

i-sB2BfHc-XL.jpg

The food is always so good in here......and service as you would expect is top notch. Water waiter brought us that first then we ordered a bottle of wine, they don't have an extensive wine list but its fine for where we are.

The menu is so nice but I know what I`m having. We both had the slightly predictable shrimp cocktails to start with, but so nice and fresh. I knew what I was having for my main meal. When I was here with mum in May before we went to NY, I ordered the ribs in a gorgeous bbq sauce, so I was having that again......... Tom took slightly longer choosing his entrée but eventually went for American hot pizza..........

The waiter brought over the wine and I was pleased to see he offered me the option to taste it. So many just go straight to the male.......however that can be a little pretentious so I said I was sure it would be fine and he poured. It was nice.

Have to say Tom`s pizza doesn't look the most appetising pizza ever, but it was nice and tasted very fresh.......just not as spicy as promised. But we do like things extra hot. My ribs were delicious......I always say we never really get fall of the bone ribs over here, but these were spectacular.

i-3B9gwFd-XL.jpg

i-nNtfV5B-XL.jpg

Although we were quite full, Tom does like a dessert. I don't really eat them, however I did have a little of the ice cream and he enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding.

i-TbVcGT8-XL.jpg

Just after we ordered desserts four men came and sat at the table next to us.......the table I had asked for........One of them was the loudest man I have ever heard in my life. Not voice wise.....bragging wise. Oh my goodness, he was obviously a businessman, but why do people think everyone is going to be impressed by what they do or have. The staff looked a bit embarrassed but didn't say anything, the other 3 guests did look a bit sheepish too........he was just to my right so I had him in my line of vision. Thankfully we were almost done by then........all of a sudden he guffawed so loud and I got such a fright I turned and smiled at him and said he almost caused me to spill my drink as he was so loud. He was a bit taken aback and apologised. I said it was ok some people didn't realise how loud they were. He knew what I meant though. I wasn't being nasty, but seriously, it`s a quiet restaurant and he was being obnoxious.

So with that we went up to our room. I love these rooms at night as they are quite cosy and by now of course it was pitch black so we could see the airport, the runway and everything else all lit up. Tom made us a cup of tea and coffee and we watched some tv. Think it was Two and a Half Men!

i-x4Qcsfw-XL.jpg

i-tqrK4DB-XL.jpg

We had our tea and sat until around 11pm watching tv. Finally we put it off and set every alarm we could.......IPad, phone, TV and alarm call from hotel........yep, a little paranoid. But, this was the best point......we had everything in front of us......18 nights at our favourite hotel and hopefully some excellent hot weather.

Right now though we just hoped we would sleep. Night before such a trip........no chance.

Last edited:
Off to a great start schumigirl! Will gladly follow each installment!
That food looks delicious!

Our only daughter will be off to college next fall, and she's always out and about with friends and school activities. So I'm starting to feel the empty-nester syndrome a bit. No fun when we cannot be with our children:sad:

Sounds like a wonderful start to a long, relaxing trip! I'm looking forward to reading your report!

Off to a great start schumigirl! Will gladly follow each installment!
That food looks delicious!

Our only daughter will be off to college next fall, and she's always out and about with friends and school activities. So I'm starting to feel the empty-nester syndrome a bit. No fun when we cannot be with our children:sad:

:welcome:

J`aime Paris.............Nice to have you joining along with my little trip report!! Hope you enjoy it and it doesn't get too long winded.......I`ll try my best.....lol.......

Yes, Food was fabulous, so it was a nice start to our trip.

Oh that's tough with your daughter heading off next year........cant be easy.......thing is they have the best time while we miss them, although glad they are happy and settled. Hopefully. We were lucky our son picked a University he could just about commute to. Long car drive every day but it was worth it, and it got easier as he wasn't going in every day in final 3 years......so we got him home, although we didn't see a whole lot of him......it was just nice. She`ll have the best time though.........:)

Sounds like a wonderful start to a long, relaxing trip! I'm looking forward to reading your report!

:welcome:

AprilDreamsOfDisney........

Thank you so much.......I do hope you enjoy reading along too........I do talk a lot.......or so I`m told........:tongue:

I've been hoping and checking all the time to see if you were doing another trip report. I read your last year's report, and enjoyed it so much! I learned alot from you. We will be having our first trip to Universal at the beginning of December, staying at RPR club level for a week and I can't wait!! There will be 5 of us, me, hubby, our two boys and a friend of mine who is single and usually comes on vacation with us. (We moved together when we were 18 years old to live in the city and have been best friends ever since...31 years ago). Between your trip reports and the ladies who help out on the Universal thread, I think I know just about everything I need to! Thank you!! Can't wait to read the rest! :flower:

Woohoo....Carole started her trip report:cool1:

:welcome: Vicki.........great to have you along..........wish you had been in it though..........

Following along!

:welcome: Raeven..............hope you enjoy the report too..........nice to have you check in........

I've been hoping and checking all the time to see if you were doing another trip report. I read your last year's report, and enjoyed it so much! I learned alot from you. We will be having our first trip to Universal at the beginning of December, staying at RPR club level for a week and I can't wait!! There will be 5 of us, me, hubby, our two boys and a friend of mine who is single and usually comes on vacation with us. (We moved together when we were 18 years old to live in the city and have been best friends ever since...31 years ago). Between your trip reports and the ladies who help out on the Universal thread, I think I know just about everything I need to! Thank you!! Can't wait to read the rest! :flower:

:welcome: Toy Story Fan............why thank you.......what a lovely thing to say.........another first timer at RPR........how fabulous........you'll love it I'm sure. And Club Level is lovely......staff are just the best, we really felt so at home there.

Sounds like a fun trip you have going there, family and a friend................sounds ideal! Hope you enjoy this one too......:thumbsup2

Time to sit back and join the read!

I ❤️ Schumi's trippies

:welcome: To you too Mac..........I knew you'd be along soon...........I know you'll enjoy it! Think you might even be in it............:scratchin. Should have travel day up tomorrow...........:thumbsup2

Just saw schumi's trip report posted - told my family - dinner is delayed a few minutes till I finish reading!!!:flower1:

Great pictures - and being able to see the planes land and take off so cool:yay:

The adventure begins:flower:

Sounds like a great deal for starting your trip. Having the car taken care of for 3 weeks with your stay is awesome.

Ready fir more. Nice pictures. Wahoo, that you started.

Woohoo! Schumigirl trip report is here. I just sat down with a glass of Chardonnay to see what was happening on Disboards and I get this lovely surprise. However, I was so very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Congratulations on your son's accomplishments. This trip looks like it's off to an awesome start. You guys look great! I've been missing USO since our awesome trip last May, your trip report is just what I need. Thanks for sharing.

I'm so excited to read your trip report. I read the one from last year. It's so funny how a trip report makes you feel like you know people!
Our trip is only 12 more sleeps away! Reading your report will build the excitement:goodvibes.

Just saw schumi's trip report posted - told my family - dinner is delayed a few minutes till I finish reading!!!:flower1:

Great pictures - and being able to see the planes land and take off so cool:yay:

The adventure begins:flower:

:welcome: Nice to see you back again........yes, dinner can wait......lol......we are a bit like kids with planes......one male colleague once asked me if I hadn't been allowed to look a planes as a child......every time I saw one I had to look up at it........:blush: So, yes it`s always nice to see them coming and going. Hope you enjoy the trip report......

Sounds like a great deal for starting your trip. Having the car taken care of for 3 weeks with your stay is awesome.

Ready fir more. Nice pictures. Wahoo, that you started.

:welcome: Lynne..........glad you made it along.......yep, always good the car is waiting for us when we get back......my DH is very protective of his car!!! Hope you like what you read.....

Woohoo! Schumigirl trip report is here. I just sat down with a glass of Chardonnay to see what was happening on Disboards and I get this lovely surprise. However, I was so very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Congratulations on your son's accomplishments. This trip looks like it's off to an awesome start. You guys look great! I've been missing USO since our awesome trip last May, your trip report is just what I need. Thanks for sharing.

:welcome: Thank you so much :hug:.......hey chardonnay.......my kinda gal.......sip away and enjoy......

I'm so excited to read your trip report. I read the one from last year. It's so funny how a trip report makes you feel like you know people!
Our trip is only 12 more sleeps away! Reading your report will build the excitement:goodvibes.

:welcome: pigletto......nice to have you along again for the ride........wow your trip isn't far away now!!! So close....yes, I think you do get to know folks through what they write.......good or bad......::yes:: Hope you enjoy it too......

THURSDAY 15TH SEP........Travel Day.......

We slept great, till around 2am. Then, as per usual I sprung to life........ready to go......I had only been asleep about 3 hours......this wasn't good as I knew what a long day we had ahead of us. So, I got up and discovered Tom had been awake for over an hour and didn't want to move and disturb me. So we both got up and sat and looked out the window for a bit, hoping we would eventually feel a bit tired. But, we all know that feeling where we know we should be sleeping.....but, just cant. This was one of those frustrating times. Eventually however around 4am, I decided I needed to sleep. We both must have dropped off quickly as the next thing it sounded like the Bell`s in St Peter`s Square were all going off........yep.....all the alarms went off together.........loudly!

It was 5.45 and still pitch black outside, but the airport had come to life already and planes were already starting to make moves.......and now we were getting extra excited. I jumped in the shower......the products The Radisson have are very nice, so I always use them as it saves carrying extra in hand luggage. Showered and hair dried I check the status of our incoming flight.......it`s arriving late, but our flight is showing on time, so that's always good to see. Tom comes out the shower and we go check out and head down to the terminal.

Check out is smooth and quick, we hand over our car keys and as we only have hand luggage we walk quickly down to the Terminal. We can head straight through security as we have already dropped our hold luggage last night, I look down and there is a long queue where we would have been. Glad we did it. Security was swift and as we got to the front it was shoes off and ipads out.......I went through and as usual the alarm went off.......I was clear and then got swabbed on my hands......... clear again. Tom is never buzzed or gets extra searches.......it`s always me. We pick up our luggage and head through to the Duty Free and gate area.

This place is far too alive this early in the morning......ladies in full make up and hair descend on you to try and entice you to buy their particular brand. I do love perfumes and make up, of course I do........but not yet. Right now I need my very last cup of tea for almost 3 weeks and some breakfast. I cant imagine being allergic to scent smells and having to walk through this when travelling.

This is where a lady approaches me and asks if I`m Carole........I said yes I was and she said she enjoyed my trip reports......how lovely I told her. She was heading to somewhere else, and had been to Orlando once before and took some tips from trip report...... nice she took the time to say hi.......Tom sometimes looks a little bemused at this, but its nice. I cant remember her name but think it may have been Jan. We wish each other a happy trip and head on.

Then we head straight for breakfast.........same place as before.....Giraffe. Decent food and if you get a window seat you can plane watch.......yep, bit sad but we do ask for a window seat. She looks and sees the only window table is for 6......but she takes us to it anyway. We plonk ourselves down and decide what we are going to have. I decided to have pancakes, bacon and maple syrup and Tom went for the full breakfast, and of course two giant mugs of tea. This was our very misty view from our table.......it did clear I have to say.......

i-3VB2tXW-XL.jpg

Bit early for pictures, but we did take a couple........

i-zGZXVG9-XL.jpg

i-FWzVMmC-XL.jpg

Breakfast was rather nice, although the pancakes could have fed 4 people........think I only ate half of what was on the plate. All of a sudden the man who was serving us appeared behind me and put the check down.....I had been daydreaming out the window and jumped about 3 foot in the air and let out a yelp........apparently it was funny!! Didn't bode well for HHN coming up.......he was apologising, I said while now laughing myself there was no need....he was funny. Told me he didn't think he was ugly as his mother told him he was handsome.......he really was!!!!

We paid and headed back down to duty free where I picked up some Clinique gift boxes and Jimmy Choo perfume.....I think that was all we got this time. But pleased with my little haul. It had been my birthday 2 days before, so these really were all birthday presents. We would pick them up when we got on the plane. We then bought some snacks and some water, made a bathroom visit and watched for the gate number to appear. We were surprised how quickly the time passed, as soon as we checked the board our gate number appeared......as always we were the furthest away gate you could get.

We walked down and didn't rush as because of where our seats were, we were last on the plane. But we headed down and were surprised to see boarding begin almost immediately. This was good!! Our flight time was 10.15 so around 10am Tom and I go through.........I get selected again......for an extra search.......no problems of course, totally random.....I hope. But 2 minutes later we were on the plane. Seated immediately and were surprised to see them close the doors almost instantaneously........we usually have to wait for something.

I always have the window seat and get settled immediately and have my pack of candy for take off. We both have issues at times with earache, so this helps. We take off at exactly 10.45am.........and then again I am struck with the fact Kyle isn't with us again. But, right now I have to worry about the take off.......if I worry it`ll be ok......so I always worry during take off. It`s tradition. But, as always take off is smooth and we`re up in the air before we know it and we have 9 hours 40 minutes ahead of us.

We take a very strange route this time......we fly right up past the West Coast of Scotland.....I could have waved to my mum......but, we went up higher than normal. Turns out there was a massive weather system in the centre of the Atlantic and all planes were avoiding it. Kyle showed us the screen shots when we got home and it was a massive storm so I`m glad we avoided it.

Flight passed extremely quickly this time........I tend to read a little and watch the sky map once we hit Canada and the USA.......that's where it starts to get interesting. The movies on offer weren't great or I had seen them, but I did watch The Other Woman with Cameron Diaz.......it was ok. Seats are very spacious even for exit rows where the central arm rest is fixed. And we had room in front of us........

i-QQz9L4Z-XL.jpg

i-jxHq7Sn-XL.jpg

i-9F3xntf-XL.jpg

Just a few of the images that keep me amused while we are up in the air. They are good with food and drinks on these flights. First is a choice of 2 dishes and a veg option, I had chicken in bbq maple sauce with mac n cheese which sounded odd, but was nice.....Tom had sausage and mash and enjoyed that too. It came with a chocolate dessert and cheese and crackers......very nice. Always give my dessert away though, far too sweet. Drinks are plentiful too, they do come round a lot. I had 2 little bottles of red wine as I hoped it would help me sleep. And I did for an hour I think. Then a few hours later its afternoon tea, which we always find truly dreadful.......that's why we buy some snacks, but today we weren't hungry at all, so we just had some water and a coffee. Tom did eat both scones though......lol

i-tQNNNXw-XL.jpg

Finally we were less than an hour away from landing, Kyle was in my thoughts again as we got closer, and we really wished he was with us, but wasn't possible this year. So we prepared to land eventually. We had cabin crew sit opposite us for take offs and landing, they always chat and today she was talking of how this pilot gives exceptionally smooth landings.......I looked out the window and said we were coming in from a different angle than normal.......when we literally thumped on to the ground......never experienced a landing like it.........everyone was astounded to practically come to an immediate stop......they usually jam the brakes on of course, but we were all propelled forward in our seats like never before. It was quite fun actually........ cabin crew immediately said she should have kept her mouth shut......lol.....but we had landed safely.........just in a far away and seemingly very short runway.......I could see the terminal and was quite disappointed to see the Virgin 747 had already landed. We like to get there before them as queues in immigration can be massive. Still at least it was just one of them and not three.

We were off the plane in no time at all.......being in the exit row means they usually let you off first with Premium, and today was no different. So we were almost first in the queue going through. It was hot and busy, lots of tired and excited children which doesn't make a good mix......but after around 35 minutes we got to our immigration officer and he was friendly today. We got through and were delighted to see our luggage going around the carousel......again, ours is usually last......so today we felt lucky. Not for long. We then had to join another queue.....we usually just got our customs forms stamped and head off........not today. Another long queue. But eventually we made it through and headed upstairs for the little monorail journey for the start of our trip.

Monorail was short and sweet. Got off and headed down after a bathroom visit to the dreaded car rental desk. The queue was massive. Because we had been delayed extra in Immigration today, all the other folks had gotten to hire desk before us, there was usually only a couple in front of us, so this was new. Today there must have been 30 people in front of us.........after such a long day its not the sight you want to see and of course they are in no rush seemingly to serve people......but we wait and get all of our documentation out to show what we have already paid for and that we don't expect to be charged for anything extra. Past experience tells us how bad this can be.

We eventually make it to the front of the queue and hand over our documents.........we ask him to confirm no extra charges for fuel or second driver as we had already paid for that.....he looked confused and we thought the worst......but, he says he sees that and there is nothing to pay. We also emphasize we don't need any upgrades or satnavs etc.....think he knew he`d be wasting his time trying to upsell us anything. And with that we are headed for our first breath of American fresh air.....or in this case, fumes from the MDE! Straight over to garage and we pick our vehicle and head off with a big smile on our face.

We head for our usual route and notice there is still a huge amount of roadworks going on........we go the 528 and notice instead of 2 tolls there are now only one......the cost of both have been put on the one........so we head forward and turn off at Universal Boulevard.......not long now.

i-St2QWMn-XL.jpg

Despite driving through some impressive lightning, we got to the hotel in less than 20 minutes. As usual as we approached the resort we noticed all the familiar landmarks, such as Dr Doom, Potter castle and of course the rpr itself. This year SF was finished of course, you cant really miss it and the huge volcano that is being built behind. But, we pull in and decide to go straight to the car park and take our own luggage. It only takes a few minutes to do this.....we always enjoy that first walk in every year.......

i-z7VGPCv-XL.jpg

i-kDx2RJT-XL.jpg

i-3DBZ2k6-XL.jpg

i-QC7wdR2-XL.jpg

2015%20orlando%20747_zpsb4ogb9jb-XL.jpg

2015%20orlando%20748_zpsk7lsgtbb-XL.jpg

We adore this hotel. Love everything about it, from the first moment we step through the doors we are made to feel so welcome and valued as a guest. We walked over to check in and we were greeted by Alexa who was just lovely, she was new to us this year. She asked our name and then checked the screen and called someone.....a manager came out to greet us and welcome us back again which was a nice touch. Alexa seemed to be very chatty and it was taking slightly longer than normal......she explained it had been arranged for us to have our usual room and so on......meanwhile I heard a voice say welcome back Mrs **** I turned to see a front desk TM remember us from last year.......was so nice to see her again. And lovely to be remembered.

Eventually she said our room was being checked and it would be a few minutes.......but, sure enough we were soon on our way up to the room finally........Then I saw what the delays were for........

i-NmBHKnG-XL.jpg

i-LMMXg3G-XL.jpg

i-4f6zcCm-XL.jpg

These had been arranged to be sent when we checked in..........I was so surprised!!! So, poor Alexa was trying to keep us talking till she was sure they had been delivered......she said later she felt awful keeping us longer but knew I`d be pleased......she was right. It was a lovely surprise........

The we took time for the rest of the room..........being T3 it wasn't purple......however still a lovely room with a fabulous view....

i-Vp87zpm-XL.jpg

2015%20orlando%20343_zpsiy3hzyzw-XL.jpg

2015%20orlando%20355_zpsavihc8ph-XL.jpg

2015%20orlando%20338_zpselilti8r-XL.jpg

2015%20orlando%20365_zpsorqkumxg-XL.jpg

We unpacked very quickly and got ourselves organised and freshened up before heading downstairs. We wanted a safe deposit box from behind the desk for larger documents and passports etc, Alexa took care of us again and we said we were so happy to see the things in the room when we arrived.......she was so glad we were pleased. Nice lady. Box set up we headed over to Orchids lounge where we planned to chill out for as long as possible.

Didn't recognise any of the staff in Orchids tonight......but we had a lovely young lady get us a beer and a cocktail......we would order some sushi in a while.........

i-3tcrd2g-XL.jpg

We were so ready for those drinks! After a long day it was very much appreciated..........the guy was singing in Orchids again tonight, not too loud which was good as it was jazz and I hate jazz!!!

After a while we ordered another drink and some sushi.........it was all beautiful. We have had some of the nicest sushi ever in here........

i-j3kJTTV-XL.jpg

i-3FZjXB7-XL.jpg

Once we started eating we became incredibly hungry.........so after our first plate of Mexican and Dynamite sushi, we ordered another plate of Mexican as its our favourite and some spring rolls.......we knew the spring rolls came from Jake`s so would take a while.....that suited us as we were just enjoying finally being here and relaxing.

i-MwzK3m3-XL.jpg

i-cvKwQHV-XL.jpg

We had eaten the other spring roll before I remembered to take the picture........so fresh and tasty.

i-xxNfWXH-XL.jpg

Loved every mouthful of it. It really is worth visiting if you are fond of sushi........never been disappointed.

We sat for a while and people watched and listened to the musician play........around 9.30 we hit the wall. So we very quickly paid our check and headed up to our room. That bed looked very inviting at this point. Very quick shower as we both felt very grubby after our travel day.......then we were both out for the count in minutes. Those beds and pillows are fabulous. Soft, but not too soft.........All in all we had enjoyed our travel day and our first evening of our trip.

Last edited:
Ugh it's the worst when you want to sleep but just can't. I get too excited to sleep properly the night before we leave.

I got selected for an extra search after the metal detectors! I think my zipper set them off but I'm not sure.

I guess she shouldn't have said the pilot was good at smooth landings :rotfl:

It's so nice that they set that all up for you. Rpr looks very nice, I want to stay at all the Universal hotels so eventually we'll get to Rpr! So far I've preferred the ones we've stayed at, at Universal to those at Disney.

lol......you too??? I always wonder if I have a metal plate or something I don't know about as I never have any metal on me.......yes, think CC regretted her comments as soon as soon as she spoke, but her timing was impeccable!!

The Universal hotels are definitely lovely, and yes, it was a lovely surprise for my birthday, well, belated......but I still celebrated anytime I got the chance.......::yes::

What a nice surprise to start your trip, RPR really does it right.

I feel the same way as you when I take off on the plane without one of my kids and during the trip I'll think about how much the missing one would enjoy whatever we're doing at the time...part of being a mom I guess.

One of these days I will make it to Orchid's for the sushi, we should meet up there on our next trip since we missed you this time :scratchin

Great start Carole...keep up the good work:thumbsup2

Joining in...Just finished reading your last report. Looking forward to this one as we're staying at the RPR in December.

Oh how I love that sushi as well! Thank you for getting me hungry:love:
(Except I'm a total wimp when it comes to spicy.)

Cannot wait to eat there in November!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts