• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Nintendo Switch go on sale (Canada)?

Iralyn

Mouseketeer
The Nintendo Switch is going to be the big Christmas gift in our house this year I think. I've been checking them out for a few weeks. They seem to consistently be $399 at all the sites I've checked. Wondering if it is worth waiting for Black Friday-ish sales or if I might as well just go ahead and buy while in stock.

Thanks!

Generally speaking Nintendo consoles and games rarely go on sale for black Friday or boxing day sales. Look for some bundles and don't rule out the possibility of picking up the Nintendo Switch Lite that goes for 199. The only difference is that the Lite does not Switch meaning that you can't use it on the TV. I have both and I find the portability of of the Lite to be wonderful.

Thanks for the insight, YOS. That's what I was thinking might be the case.

Good thinking, FigmentSpark! I think that is what I will do.

We bought it when it first came out and it's always been the same price unfortunately. However they will sometimes "bundle it" with games and that's what we got, so essentially got a free game (and they are like $70 or $80 for a game). This was at EB Games.

I bought our switch, switch lite and games at Shoppers with 20x points, which equals 30% in points. With a switch at $400, you’d get $120 worth of points. If you can find stock and if you collect pc optimum points, Shoppers is the best deal for the console and games.

As others mentioned , Nintendo is pretty notorious for not having sales. That being said , people make their own sales with Shoppers Drug Mart promos. Combined with a credit card with a good rate of return you can save quite a bit. This weekend was just a 20x the points weekend but there may be another before Christmas.

The Black Friday "deal" on Nintendo Switch this year is a bundle that includes Mario Kart 8 (so basically a free game).

I bought our switch, switch lite and games at Shoppers with 20x points, which equals 30% in points. With a switch at $400, you’d get $120 worth of points. If you can find stock and if you collect pc optimum points, Shoppers is the best deal for the console and games.
i should have looked into shoppers :(

we just bought one at walmart. how ever we were able to find some games on sale so we got those too

just checked at it says its out of stock right now at shoppers anyways

i should have looked into shoppers :(

we just bought one at walmart. how ever we were able to find some games on sale so we got those too

just checked at it says its out of stock right now at shoppers anyways
If you havent opened up yet, return and buy at Shoppers.

Costco.ca has the Switch Mario Kart bundle back in stock this morning, with lots of extras normally not found elsewhere.

You're paying for those extras in the Costco bundle though. The bundle with just the game at other retailers is $399. The Costco bundle with all of the extras (that you don't really need at all) is $529

I just bought the Nintendo Switch with the bundle Mario Kart Deluxe for 399.99 at Superstore on Sunday. It was "pay no tax" weekend, and I used $100 off with PC points. There was also spend over $300, and get a free gigantic poinsettia worth $25. Figured I got a great deal since i only paid $301. I'm sure they will get more in stock. It was advertised in their flyer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter