Don't Hate Me for Knowing More

Have the same thing at the Soarin fast pass line. They have like 10 machines in the room, but everyone always waits for the first two machines and the line stretches out the room. There are like 5 people in line for the other machines and 100 in line for each of the first two. We always say excuse me and walk through to one of the short lines. Funny how some people get upset when we are the ones who are actually doing it the right way and making things flow smoother ;)

That's so funny, I also discovered this "secret" my first time on Soarin. There were HUGE lines for the first few machines, stretching all the way to the back of the room and in some cases stretching around. I just squeezed by the other people to go to the machine at the very back. There were maybe 3 people in front of me. That room is not really designed well, but we got our FP's really quickly even though we got some dirty looks.

I don't understand the fast pass haters. I had a woman yell at me when we used fast pass on Space Mountain. Well actually she was really mad because we used the parent switch as well so she had just seen my husband and two kids go through then here come the kids again. She was livid when she saw my kids for a second time.
My theory is that all these people were at Universal the day before, where only the folks who pay for the priviledge can go to the front of the line. After a day or two of constantly being passed by the "VIPs" at Universal, you expect Disney to be more democratic. And when you see it happening again, you just assume it's the same deal as the other park.

I wish people would read the guidemaps. They don't have to post on the DIS or read all the books or anything. They just need to read the basic info Disney provides about things like Fastpass.

:earsboy:

I was going to say the same thing about Six Flags being the cause. Six Flags also only offers pay to cut systems and people get annoyed at it and think it is the same issue at Disney,

I have heard of Flashpass users being cursed at, at Six Flags.

I think sometimes when we "fill in" the queue at pirates or haunted mansion because people insist on standing in a straight line 1-2 people across

Since most of you here seem to know so much, would you please help me??? We are Disneyland regulars who have had annual passes for about 10 years. I know all the ins and outs of Disneyland but not Disney World. We recently moved to NC and are going to be taking our 4 children to Disney World in February. We are not staying on Disney property, although I wish we could. We will be staying at a Marriott timeshare. We were given a week there as a gift and are very grateful for that! Our kids range from 3-12. One of our children has been in and out of the hospital this whole last year so this trip is extra important to us and we want to make it extremely special on a very limited budget. Any secrets that you know about anything at Disney World, any special deals on tickets or anything you can tell me would be extremely helpful. Thank You!!!!!!!

Since most of you here seem to know so much, would you please help me??? We are Disneyland regulars who have had annual passes for about 10 years. I know all the ins and outs of Disneyland but not Disney World. We recently moved to NC and are going to be taking our 4 children to Disney World in February. We are not staying on Disney property, although I wish we could. We will be staying at a Marriott timeshare. We were given a week there as a gift and are very grateful for that! Our kids range from 3-12. One of our children has been in and out of the hospital this whole last year so this trip is extra important to us and we want to make it extremely special on a very limited budget. Any secrets that you know about anything at Disney World, any special deals on tickets or anything you can tell me would be extremely helpful. Thank You!!!!!!!

Hi Emy82196! Welcome to the DIS! I think you will find lots of great info here to plan your trip. I send pixie dust your way for a great holiday with your family.

I think, though, if you want your questions answered, you should really start a new thread. That way, more people will see it and you'll get the answered you need. The discussion you are looking for is pretty off topic for this thread.

All the best. :hippie:

I get yelled at on occasion by people in the restaurants. Some people do not realize that you go to both sides of the register, so the one day at the Electric Umbrella, Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio Village Haus. There were long lines only on one side and nobody in line on the other so I got in line on the empty side so I was next to be waited on at each restaurant. Well that made a whole lot of people not very happy with me! Knowledge is key!

This happens constantly at Citizens Bank Park in Philly (where the Phillies play!). People don't realize that you can go to the other open cashiers!! It boggles my mind.

I am also of the FP machine hunters, and regularly go to the furthest one to get my FPs quicker..the DBF and I have almost gotten into quite a few fights by other annoyed guests who didn't realize, yes, ALL of the machines work!

We got a lot of dirty looks going through the fastpass line at Soarin last year. The FP line was so short we were able to run most of the way to the loading area.

Everest was even worse because DW & DS wouldn't ride it, so DD and I had 2 fastpasses each and rode twice in less than 10 minutes. You think people get irritated with you when you rush past them, try passing the same people again 5 minutes later. :banana:

pixiedust: :wave:

Welcome to the Disboards!

Everyone here is a great source of information, but we also want to make sure that as many people as possible see your post and are able to reply. I think that if you repost this as a new thread, you'll get a lot more responses.

The people angry over fast pass always make me giggle a bit. Same with the people who insist on a single line at places like Cosmic Ray's despite the CMs trying to explain that they should form a double line. :confused3

We encountered a "Disney Resort Guest Hater" a couple of years ago. We had the pleasure of dealing with the guy not once, but twice!

The first night was at DHS after Fantasmic. Everyone was walking out and where you go towards the boats for the Epcot resorts, he was standing in the sidewalk shouting, "I guess you people think you're special!" He was really dragging the "special" out (like speeeessshhhhhuuuuullllll) and he was also using profanity about how Disney caters to rich people and "don't care nothin' bout workin' people". We just kept walking and ignored him, but...

2 nights later we were at Chef Mickey's waiting to be seated and same guy is there talking to a lady. He asked her where they were staying and she told him "right here". Well, he just went off on that poor lady! He was saying things like, "so, when you get through eating, you just get on the elevator and go to your room?" "Well that must be really special. You must be a special person". Again, he was dragging the specials out and sounding really stupid. He started asking her how much they paid to stay there and how much money they made...just really rude.:eek:

When the lady and her family were called to their table before him, he lost it on the poor hostess. He started saying that she got seated before him because she was staying there and Disney "treats poor people like *&^%". He got really nasty and profane. DH finally told him to respect the women and kids and shut his nasty mouth and his reply was, "I guess regular people who talk normal don't fit in around here, either. I don't got as much money as you, so I got to keep my mouth shut, huh?" He didn't even know where we were staying.:confused3

He was really a jerk. Thankfully we were seated and our waiter later told us he was "removed from the property". :woohoo: We could still hear him shouting when we were seated at our table.

You should also check out the Budget Boards -- that's the place for ALL the "saving money" helpful hints.

Here's my three short stories....

My niece used to call the Swan and the Dolphin, the "Fish" and the "Duck," 'cause that's what the figurines on top looked like to her. So the next year we're going by on the bus, and I said, "Oh there's the Fish and the Duck, " as an inside joke to our family. A nearby woman felt compelled to correct me.

A second time, we were in the proper line to get into the park...a guy with a stroller tries to cut up beside me...I moved our stroller over to block his way. Meantime, the people in front of me took forever because they didn't know how to do the dumb finger scan...so this guy gets all agitated with me, as if I was slowing him down, and tries to go ahead of me, by trying to put his ticket in the next machine over, and when that didn't work, asking the CM to put his ticket in the correct machine. I spoke up about being there first. Maybe I could have let him go, but I myself was feeling frustrated and thought he might also be slow (really, those folks took forever!) So the CM lets me go, but gives HIM that look of, "Oh just humor her." Even though I had been there long before him, and also had to go through the handicapped/stroller entrance...He complained loudly to his wife after he got through the gate, so I said something back, er rather, to my companion about line cutters. I don't recall the exact words now.

My third story was a time when we were on the bus to Pop. A lady was very excited to tell me that she had just found out that her Pop Parking permit allowed her to park anywhere on property. I politely thanked her though I've known this for a long time. We had done a split stay, and I knew the deluxe resort had told us this. I was kind of surprised that she hadn't gotten this info from the Pop CM at check-in. A few hours later, we had to go by the Pop front desk about something...while I was waiting for my CM to check on something, I overheard the CM next to me giving another couple their parking permit. Sure enough, no mention about the permit being valid anywhere on property. During our second stay there, I paid attention, and sure enough...no mention of the permit being valid anywhere on property. So I've concluded this is one of the subtle service differences of staying deluxe vs. value. (also, the pool at AKL was MUCH warmer!)

It's pretty regular that I know more than CM's, especially when it comes to reservations. I recently called with a question... I called twice, and sure enough, I got two different answers. I trust Mousesavers, the DIS, and Allearsnet more than CM's at Disney Travel. Sometimes you get a well informed CM, and too often you don't. I mean the second CM I spoke with recently wasn't even aware that the buy 4get three free promo had been extened! Isn't this the kind of thing Disney should memo their CM's about before they start taking calls for the day?!?!?

Mickeyluv'r, imo, the person who corrected you about the Swan and Dolphin was just rude. I've never had it happen but I would find it very annoying if someone felt the urge to "educate" me on their "Disney wisdom." I think those in the know have to consider that too.

We have found that just smiling at these folks is the best humor for their rudeness. Afterall, we're in the greatest place and I try not to let anyone else's rude comments spoil my day.

I mean the second CM I spoke with recently wasn't even aware that the buy 4get three free promo had been extened! Isn't this the kind of thing Disney should memo their CM's about before they start taking calls for the day?!?!?
Disney DOES memo their CMs about things like this before they start taking calls. However, Disney can't monitor every single CM to be sure they're reading all the alerts and e-mails they're getting. The CMs are human, not audio-animatronic, so there are bound to be folks who miss things.

We encountered a "Disney Resort Guest Hater" a couple of years ago. We had the pleasure of dealing with the guy not once, but twice!

The first night was at DHS after Fantasmic. Everyone was walking out and where you go towards the boats for the Epcot resorts, he was standing in the sidewalk shouting, "I guess you people think you're special!" He was really dragging the "special" out (like speeeessshhhhhuuuuullllll) and he was also using profanity about how Disney caters to rich people and "don't care nothin' bout workin' people". We just kept walking and ignored him, but...

2 nights later we were at Chef Mickey's waiting to be seated and same guy is there talking to a lady. He asked her where they were staying and she told him "right here". Well, he just went off on that poor lady! He was saying things like, "so, when you get through eating, you just get on the elevator and go to your room?" "Well that must be really special. You must be a special person". Again, he was dragging the specials out and sounding really stupid. He started asking her how much they paid to stay there and how much money they made...just really rude.:eek:

When the lady and her family were called to their table before him, he lost it on the poor hostess. He started saying that she got seated before him because she was staying there and Disney "treats poor people like *&^%". He got really nasty and profane. DH finally told him to respect the women and kids and shut his nasty mouth and his reply was, "I guess regular people who talk normal don't fit in around here, either. I don't got as much money as you, so I got to keep my mouth shut, huh?" He didn't even know where we were staying.:confused3

He was really a jerk. Thankfully we were seated and our waiter later told us he was "removed from the property". :woohoo: We could still hear him shouting when we were seated at our table.

OMG!:scared1: I would have said " Yes I am special, thank you so much for noticing" and kept walking.

FWIW, that thing on top of the resort is a fish, not a dolphin. Artistic license, I know... but incorrect is incorrect even if it's Disney.

David

Mickeyluv'r, imo, the person who corrected you about the Swan and Dolphin was just rude. I've never had it happen but I would find it very annoying if someone felt the urge to "educate" me on their "Disney wisdom." I think those in the know have to consider that too.
Then again, maybe the person who did the correcting was just corrected herself and felt it necessary to pass along her new-found knowledge. :goodvibes People are always excited to pass along stuff they know that they think someone else doesn't. Especially at a place like Disney where there is SO MUCH to learn about. I think that folks who "know it all" and have multiple trips under their belt sometimes forget how exciting it can be for a newbie to find out a new piece of information. And, in the "Disney spirit", those folks want to share. Of course, most of the stuff is stuff that we already know, and then we do that interior eyeroll that says, "Oh my gosh, you didn't know THAT?"

If someone shares a piece of info with me -- like the person who shared the "hint" about the parking pass with Mickeyluv'r -- I always make sure to share something with them. Like, "I know! Isn't it great about the parking? You know about Hidden Mickeys, right?" Pass along the love! :love:

We have found that just smiling at these folks is the best humor for their rudeness. Afterall, we're in the greatest place and I try not to let anyone else's rude comments spoil my day.
I love it when people look at me and say, "I wish I could go to the front of the line like all the special people!" My response is always to look at them with a sad face and say very earnestly, "Oh ... I wish you could too." And then I just look at them and sigh and walk away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter