Dont waste your points at saratoga

smores

DIS Veteran
Bus transportation is horrific! 45min to an hour wait for bus going to the park you want. Because there are 4 stops at resort, if you are at last stop (the springs) bus will likely be full and you have to wait for the next one....what a waste of points...or money if you paid cash. Spent more time waiting at bus stop than waiting for rides...

We have eliminated all WDW resorts that are "bus only" to the parks. Honestly will not visit any other way. S&D has become a great "hole filler" for early arrival, extensions, extra unanticipated guests or missing days in the middle.

Bus transportation is horrific! 45min to an hour wait for bus going to the park you want. Because there are 4 stops at resort, if you are at last stop (the springs) bus will likely be full and you have to wait for the next one....what a waste of points...or money if you paid cash. Spent more time waiting at bus stop than waiting for rides...

Please send an email addressing your experience to:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

:earsboy: Bill

We didn't have too much trouble when we stayed there in February. We were staying at the Springs and there was one time where a full bus to HS came, but another one was right behind it.

Someone there told us a trick: Walk down the path from the Springs to another section (the Paddock I think) which was an earlier stop on the bus route and we never encountered a full bus!

I guess every person's experiences can vary. In August 2012 we stayed for 10 nights in a studio in the Paddock section. Due to road construction at SSR's main entrance, the bus route within SSR was temporarily modified and the Paddock section was the second to the last stop (Congress Park was last). The longest we had to wait for a bus was 18 minutes: Once at SSR and once on our return from MK to SSR. Most buses appeared in 5-10 minutes and a few times we got a bus in under 5 minutes. We never encountered a full bus when leaving SSR, but occasionally we had to stand.

I haven't noticed the bus service at SSR to be any better or worse than at other DVC resorts. We've stayed only once at BWV but I remember a very long bus wait and ride going from Downtown Disney back to BWV. I'm sure most of our bus wait times and rides during that BWV trip were probably within average limits, but that one ride from Downtown Disney has colored my feelings about bus service at BWV.

Like I said, every person's experiences will vary.

I guess every person's experiences can vary. In August 2012 we stayed for 10 nights in a studio in the Paddock section. Due to road construction at SSR's main entrance, the bus route within SSR was temporarily modified and the Paddock section was the second to the last stop (Congress Park was last). The longest we had to wait for a bus was 18 minutes: Once at SSR and once on our return from MK to SSR. Most buses appeared in 5-10 minutes and a few times we got a bus in under 5 minutes. We never encountered a full bus when leaving SSR, but occasionally we had to stand.

I haven't noticed the bus service at SSR to be any better or worse than at other DVC resorts. We've stayed only once at BWV but I remember a very long bus wait and ride going from Downtown Disney back to BWV. I'm sure most of our bus wait times and rides during that BWV trip were probably within average limits, but that one ride from Downtown Disney has colored my feelings about bus service at BWV.

Like I said, every person's experiences will vary.

Thank you! SSR is our home resort and we love it and have never had any issue whatsoever. I know that we all have less than magical experiences from time to time. And because we all have different likes and dislikes and expectations that is why there are such vast choices of resorts to choose from. Hope everyone has a magical time every time!

I have stayed at SSR several times. I usually have a car and that eliminates the bus issue. I have also stayed at VGF and had long bus rides and wait times to go to AK so your issue is not limited to just SSR.

We wouldn't do OKW without a car and would be very reluctant for SSR without a car. In general we drive to the parks other than MK or if we're doing more than one park that day without returning. I think all locations have some sort of bus limitations, I don't see SSR as especially worse or better than any of the rest.

So sorry you had a bad experience, but don't write off the resort because of 1 bad experience. We have stayed at every resort except VGF and have had good and not so good experiences at all of them. We loved the convenience of BW and walking to Epcot, but one of our boat rides to HS took us 45 minutes! We got caught in a sudden rain storm at BC and the boats are not allowed to go during lightning, so we were stuck for an hour and were late for a dinner reservation. We stayed at SSR when we booked a last minute (a week out) trip last Labor Day and we LOVED it. We had a 1 bedroom right next to the Paddock pool and had great bus service. We were actually surprised at how fast we got the parks from there. Our home resort is AKV and it is our favorite, even thought the bus rides are longer for most of the parks from there. We don't mind them because the resort is so fabulous (love my savannah view room).

Sorry you had a bad experience. It can happen at any resort.

We just got back Sunday night after a 7 night stay at SSR and even when we just missed the bus, we never waited more than 20 mins. We also have stayed at Springs each time (3rd stay). We found it a bit busy twice in the morning around the same time (a little after 9 am). I believe we were standing once - maybe twice. We had our car and only used it to get to POR and A of A both in the evening. We drove down so we did not want to drive around in WDW.

If someone is worried about the crowds at the Springs bus stop, I also suggest walking to Paddock or the Grandstand. We took the ferry a few times to DTD but we walked it 80 percent of the time. As big as the resort is/feels - you are not that far from anything - as long as it's not 100 degrees or pouring.

I agree that all resorts seem to have their moments with the bus transportation and I think the busy season is especially frustrating. I do feel like SSR will have another option and that is to walk to downtown disney when the bridge is complete. Busses arrive frequently at this venue. Plus waiting on a bus at disney World is better waiting on the subway at home, and the people are nicer :)

Thank you! SSR is our home resort and we love it and have never had any issue whatsoever. I know that we all have less than magical experiences from time to time. And because we all have different likes and dislikes and expectations that is why there are such vast choices of resorts to choose from. Hope everyone has a magical time every time!

Totally agree! Love SSR and think it's a great resort.

A way to solve your problem would be to rent a car and therefore zero wait times!!!! That's what we do.

I'm not saying that these types of things don't happen, but to think that your experience is the "norm" would be a misconception. Granted I've never traveled during Spring Break, but I've never experienced anything like that in all of my travels to WDW at any resort. My experiences with buses at SSR was a very positive one.

Also keep in mind, Disney does advise that you give a 1HR window for traveling anywhere "Point A to Point B" using their transportation. Again, all of my experiences have been well under that, but I normally do not travel during "peak" seasons. Assuming that you did have a 45 minute wait time for a bus (which I do find rather hard to believe... perhaps that could be true if one bus was full and you had to wait for the next one), then you're going to be right at the hour window factoring in your transit time. While still somewhat of a drag, your experience isn't much different than what Disney openly tells you to expect...

I unfortunately have had the same experiences with bus wait times at SSR. I do like the resort, but that's a resort that feels like you get left behind compared to others for transportation. Overall I feel that the DVC resorts have fewer buses. That's what happens when you're family.

As most of us have, I too have a terrible bus story or two (and several boat stories and one MISERABLE monorail tale!). But, ALL resorts have transportation issues, no one resort is better or worse. Personally, I appreciate multiple bus stop resorts. You never have a long walk back to your room and you can use those stops to travel throughout the resort.

It's pretty irritating to have to wait! I remember one visit being at Magic Kingdom waiting to get back to Boardwalk at closing time. I think about 10 All Star buses rolled in and out before a BW bus showed. Then, we had the driver switch where we had to wait for the new driver who then had to do a circle safety check of the bus and then load a wheelchair!

So, I decided to drive to MK next trip.
Line up to alternate into parking.
Park and walk to the tram.
Take the monorail or ferry to the MK,
and then reverse it on leaving later.
It seemed to take forever to just get out of the parking lot!

There's just no pleasing me!

So now, I love BLT.

I stay there for MK days.
I can walk and I get less bus frustration. Or parking frustration. (Have you ever had to be the first to start the line?)

I do split stays almost every trip.
I don't recommend this for families. That gets pretty chaotic.
For us it is two small cases and a few cooler things - mini cooler for coffee cream and chocolate.
So changing resorts can be pretty quick.
Or it can be done as part of a diversified vacation - ie - a day and night at a beach hotel.
If you 'move in' as some do, probably not quite so optimal. We used to do this - fully loaded bell man carting our stuff for a week.

I'm really trying now to be a minimalist and I enjoy it - much less stress.

I unfortunately have had the same experiences with bus wait times at SSR. I do like the resort, but that's a resort that feels like you get left behind compared to others for transportation. Overall I feel that the DVC resorts have fewer buses. That's what happens when you're family.

At the parks, SSR generally has a pretty good bus stop location, and other resorts often have longer lines.

BWV is the substandard DVC bus service ;)

The trip from SSR to EPCOT is too long of a drive, resulting in lengthy bus spacing. (there is a much shorter path, but it requires merging onto a right lane, then exiting on a left ramp within 1/2 mile). I can see how someone would not like SSr bus service if EPCOT is their favorite park, much like BWV is a poor choice for someone that frequently goes to MK.

After our last OKW stay, we are done with the bus too. Renting a car from now on. It has taken us years to get to this point, but we are ready to stop wasting our time. We'd rather be in control and even if we have to wait once more at MK, it's far less than the overall wait to and from all the parks. Do love Epcot resorts for this very reason. We can walk to 2 parks. Love that.

We have had MUCH worse bus experiences while staying at BWV/BCV and BLT. We always have a car and have found that it pretty much stays parked especially while we are staying at SSR and OKW. We will drive to HH while at OKW sometimes but for us the bus service to and from SSR and OKW is superior. No stopping at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach or any other resorts for that matter.

We always have stayed in Congress Park (4th stop) and have never had to stand going out to the parks.

OP, sorry you had that experience and don't want to stay there ever again.
More room for us. :thumbsup2

We almost always stay at Sarasota for some or part of our holiday and have never had an issue with buses. The longest wait we have experienced from SSR was about 15 mins, often it's only 5 or 10. Once we had to wait 30 mins for a bus on the way home because the queue was so long. However,last year, we missed what was possibly going to be the last bus home and they sent us a bus just for us!:good vibes

I don't think it's fair to say that transport from SSR is terrible. We have never had an issue and we only go Christmas, Easter or July/Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter