Dopey 2015 Official Thread

Not only am I doing Dopey again this year, but I made it look like so much fun the last time I have THREE friends who also want to join in on the fun. I just won't show anyone the picture of me crying on the floor after the marathon or, you know, of me asleep in bed at 6:30pm every night...

Not surprisingly, the friend I sent text messages to while I was waiting for the races to start has not volunteered to participate.

I'm in! Did Donald in 2013, Mickey 2014, Dopey 2015. I was orig planning Goofy, but what's an extra 5 and 10k??? Lol. Already booked at BLT on rented DVC points. Will run the 5k with entire family (DW, DD 11, DS 8), then 10k solo, then half with DW, then full solo. This will be my last "annual" Disney run, just too much $. My main concerns are multiple early wake ups and diminishing family time due to resting. So I'm going into this with no time expectations and knowing I need to end up exhausted to be able to do my runs AND make it a good vacation. I'll sleep and rest when I get home :-)

I'll sleep and rest when I get home :-)

This for sure. We are in and are also staying at BLT. If we can get into the Avengers as well, it will be a busy few months. Wine and Dine, Avengers and than Dopey. I'm tired just thinking about it and anticipating the massive cold I will get once it's all over with.

Very excited though!

I'm in!

Last year's Dopey was a blast! I'm addicted to these runDisney multi-race events.

Count me in!!!
I've never done a full marathon before, and I've always wanted the first one to be WDW! (Only Mickey can make me run 26.2 miles!) My plan was to just do the Marathon this time, but then I realized, I might never get the chance to do this again! :eek: So I'm going BIG!!! It will be a mother-daughter weekend - just my mom and I. She will be running with me in the 5K and 10K, and then I'll be doing the Half and the Full solo. AAAAND the Full Marathon will be on my 35th birthday, January 11th! I can't think of a better way to celebrate! :bday:

Count me in!!!
I've never done a full marathon before, and I've always wanted the first one to be WDW! (Only Mickey can make me run 26.2 miles!) My plan was to just do the Marathon this time, but then I realized, I might never get the chance to do this again! :eek: So I'm going BIG!!! It will be a mother-daughter weekend - just my mom and I. She will be running with me in the 5K and 10K, and then I'll be doing the Half and the Full solo. AAAAND the Full Marathon will be on my 35th birthday, January 11th! I can't think of a better way to celebrate! :bday:

Awesome way to celebrate! :woohoo:

Count me in!!!

cool birthday present - 6 shiny medals! :thumbsup2

I think I'm in. Was gonna do Goofy, but I might as well go all the way! 2014 was my first Disney race and first marathon. I didn't do that well, so I need a do-over!

I'm thinking of going alone for this one since I won't be much fun. Will probably get 2/3 day park hoppes and just visit Epcot and MK for a bit. Epcot mostly for the food :rotfl:

Count me in!!! I've never done a full marathon before, and I've always wanted the first one to be WDW! (Only Mickey can make me run 26.2 miles!) My plan was to just do the Marathon this time, but then I realized, I might never get the chance to do this again! :eek: So I'm going BIG!!! It will be a mother-daughter weekend - just my mom and I. She will be running with me in the 5K and 10K, and then I'll be doing the Half and the Full solo. AAAAND the Full Marathon will be on my 35th birthday, January 11th! I can't think of a better way to celebrate! :bday:

I can! Do DATW at Epcot the Monday after the full to top it all off! :)

I can! Do DATW at Epcot the Monday after the full to top it all off! :)

That's how I celebrated my 30th bday this year after the marathon, but it actually took me 3 days to complete! :lmao: Nobody would share drinks with me and I'm kind of a lightweight!

i'm in -- i just booked Pop. cannot wait for registration. i even requested my DH work from home so he can pick up my son from school so i can register when it opens pixiedust:

How early do you have to reserve a hotel room before they sell out? I don't want to start looking at hotels until I'm in which opens in late April. You can reserve without actually having to pay, right? (not a big traveler here period...). Wanting to stay in the host hotel, whichever that is. Was also looking to get a park pass for a few days. Thinking about $500 for hotel and $500 for airfare for a total of around $1500 for the trip? $2000 for two if only one is racing? And then the park passes of course.

How early do you have to reserve a hotel room before they sell out? I don't want to start looking at hotels until I'm in which opens in late April. You can reserve without actually having to pay, right? (not a big traveler here period...). Wanting to stay in the host hotel, whichever that is. Was also looking to get a park pass for a few days. Thinking about $500 for hotel and $500 for airfare for a total of around $1500 for the trip? $2000 for two if only one is racing? And then the park passes of course.

The only thing you can do now is a room only reservation, and they require a one night deposit for that. The normal Disney packages are usually released for booking in August.

Last year, I do not think I made my marathon weekend reservations (room only) until June or July. They then had a promotion in October that I was able to use to get a cheaper rate. Even at that point, there were still plenty of rooms available all over the Disney resort. We stayed at POR, and I was able to upgrade to one of the Royal rooms in October during that promotion.

Ah, so I have until August if I want to go with an official package. This is going to be a once-and-done thing, so I can relax and just get a package in August then? Since the race sold out so quickly I thought the rooms would too.

I'm thinking airfare and room for two for 10 days total, thinking about $1000 in hotel and $1000 in plane tickets so about $2000 for two people for room and transportation?

Where can I find info about those Disney packages and the exact date they go live?

Also how many are doing the Runner's World $500 package and/or the $200 VIP add-on? This is going to be a one-and-done thing, not planning to do it again, so wondering if the extra $200/$500/$700 is worth it.

Ah, so I have until August if I want to go with an official package. This is going to be a once-and-done thing, so I can relax and just get a package in August then? Since the race sold out so quickly I thought the rooms would too.

I'm thinking airfare and room for two for 10 days total, thinking about $1000 in hotel and $1000 in plane tickets so about $2000 for two people for room and transportation?

Where can I find info about those Disney packages and the exact date they go live?

It depends on where you are staying, but I can't think of anywhere on property that would be $1000 for 10 days, unless you're at a Value with a steep discount.

Ah, so I have until August if I want to go with an official package. This is going to be a once-and-done thing, so I can relax and just get a package in August then? Since the race sold out so quickly I thought the rooms would too. I'm thinking airfare and room for two for 10 days total, thinking about $1000 in hotel and $1000 in plane tickets so about $2000 for two people for room and transportation? Where can I find info about those Disney packages and the exact date they go live?

$100 per night seems abut on the low side, though maybe there's a discount that brings the rate down that low. Even then, once you add in any taxes or fees, you won't be at $100 anymore.

Also how many are doing the Runner's World $500 package and/or the $200 VIP add-on? This is going to be a one-and-done thing, not planning to do it again, so wondering if the extra $200/$500/$700 is worth it.

Except for Disney on Ice in 2010 where we huddled under spotlights & next to generators to keep warm before the start, I can't see why paying the extra money would be worth it to me. I'd rather spend the money on nice wine & good food. And DATW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter