Dreams Do Come True (and we are not even there yet)!-Trip 4 Started-6/28

Hi Erika!

Awesome trip recap (as usual)! So glad you got to see the parade and that it wasn't rained out! And SO COOL that you were the Flag Family - amazing view from up there!!!

I'm anxious to hear how you were able to get your way and do another WDW trip in 2009!!!;) And I've been waiting to hear about the incident on Tom Sawyer Island!!! Do tell!

Hmmmm...what always happens to you on vacations??? You didn't really seem to have anything too terrible happen in this trip, so my guess will be that poor Jeremy gets stuck in seemingly inappropriate clothing again!!! :rotfl:

Karen

Karen:

I think that poor hoodie could have walked home! It had to be stinking so bad by the time he last wore it! Yes, that was the incident from that trip. There is always some huge story to tell from all of our vacations. Last year, we went to Savannah and Myrtle Beach and actually witnessed a robbery. In DC, I got help from the FBI and Tom and Jeremy ended up in the middle of a marathon! I will keep you guessing on those as I do plan on getting that mini trip report done before I head to Disney!

Flag family was amazing! Jeremy asked if we could do it this time. As much as I would love to, I don't feel that it is right to ask a 2nd time. I want some other family to have the opportunity to experience something so amazing!

Erika

Nice picture from atop the Lodge! :thumbsup2

The last few hours of a trip have a sad undertone, but it is so much easier when you know exactly when you are coming back. Never leave without a new trip on the books, I say! :laughing:

That is great advice! :thumbsup2 Trust me, the wheels are already turning for when I want to go back.

Sooze:

:yay:I remember that from your 2009 report! OMG, I was just thinking the other day as I posted this picture how pretty this Snow White was. She looks like she really stepped out of the fairy tale. Where did you find her at in 2010?

Actually, we were really lucky to be there when she was! She actually moved to California to go to school, but she works seasonally at WDW. She was on her own spring break, and came to WDW to be Snow White for the week. Pretty cool, eh?

Actually, we were really lucky to be there when she was! She actually moved to California to go to school, but she works seasonally at WDW. She was on her own spring break, and came to WDW to be Snow White for the week. Pretty cool, eh?

Very cool! I think it would be a great vacation to work at Disney when I am away from work!

Yay! You finished trip 3!

Yay! You still have another one to go!

Yay! You got to go back in 2009!

Yay! You were the Flag Family. That is soooooo cool!

Sorry about all of the rain on your MVMCP night. You definitely must go back to get the full experience! We hope to do Christmas at Disney one year soon. We'll just need to save up a BUNCH of DVC points to make that happen!

Ready for the next trip....
:surfweb:

Yay! You finished trip 3!

Yay! You still have another one to go!

Yay! You got to go back in 2009!

Yay! You were the Flag Family. That is soooooo cool!

Sorry about all of the rain on your MVMCP night. You definitely must go back to get the full experience! We hope to do Christmas at Disney one year soon. We'll just need to save up a BUNCH of DVC points to make that happen!

Ready for the next trip....
:surfweb:

Thanks! First post coming this afternoon!

Erika -
How cool and special memory to be Flag Family of the Day!!
I love that pic of ya'll w/the castle right over your shoulder!! :)
What a great trip!

And....another great trip coming up in just 2 weeks!!!! Can you believe it??!!!! :)

Erika -
How cool and special memory to be Flag Family of the Day!!
I love that pic of ya'll w/the castle right over your shoulder!! :)
What a great trip!

And....another great trip coming up in just 2 weeks!!!! Can you believe it??!!!! :)

Thanks! I know what you mean---2 weeks from today we will be at Walt Disney World. It couldn't get here soon enough!:banana::banana::banana:

A Spooktacular Time at Disney-Trip 4 Day 1

In 2009, our vacation plans consisted of Savannah, GA (had to eat at The Lady and Sons----:love:Love Paula Deen!) and a week at Myrtle Beach. There would be no Disney per Tom and Jeremy and I would have to wait two years before I got to go back. But something happened! It went Crash, Boom, Bang and the idea was soon in my head! But what was it?

It started in January/February of that year when an ice storm blanketed our electric system and I had to be at the office non stop for 1 1/2 weeks, working 16 plus hours a day. Midway, I got sick. I had a bad cold and it would go away and come back about every three weeks. This continued until the end of April. The week started with the doctor calling me in a prescription that eventually made me very nauseous. I was in the ER by Wednesday evening. They sent me home with possible flu and bronchitis. By Friday, I was as pale as a ghost, high fever, had not eaten in several days and was SICK. :sick: On Friday, they finally found the pneumonia. I was out of work for about two weeks. On my first day back, I forgot my lunch and went to town to get fast food.

On the way there, some 19 year old kid hit me head on. :scared1: --Crash, Boom, Bang! I lost the steering and went across the highway, hit a telephone box, and thank God it was muddy as it buried the tires instead of rolling it! I was okay but the Trailblazer was not! (I have pictures but forgot to load them last night. Will do this weekend!) It was completely totaled. So, it was time to get a new vehicle. I bought a new vehicle before I received the settlement on my old one soooooooooo when the payoff came, it was going in savings. :rolleyes1

I thought about it some and mentioned in passing to Tom that we did have some extra money and wouldn't it be great to experience Disney decorated for the fall and ohhhh wouldn't Jeremy just love MNSSHP! Guess what, he agreed! Jeremy, on the other hand, didn't want no part of it. :sad2: What child wouldn't love going to Disney! We thought about how to make the trip special for Jeremy and thought it would be nice for him and an early birthday present for my mom who is turning 60 this year if we asked her to go! He was excited so the trip was on!

Disclosure: My mom would be furious with me if she knew I put her picture on the internet so there will no pictures of her posted!

The Plan:

Thursday-Tuesday over Labor Day Weekend
Staying at Coronado Springs
Free Dining
The 1st MNSSHP in September!

Jeremy went to school as usual on Thursday and we picked him up at 11:00. We had an early afternoon flight out of Cincy Airport. DH was worried that I was cutting it close by getting him at 11:00 and us flying a little after 2. I hate sitting in airports so we are usually the ones you see walking up to the gate when the plane is boarding.

As I walked out of the school with Jeremy, the strap on my Teva sandals broke. :scared1: Those are my park shoes! So, we had to make a quick detour to Dillards and I bought a new pair of Crocs Patricia sandals. I love these sandals! They are so comfortable and were perfect for the parks. DH was getting more and more worried but we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. The plane ride was uneventul and we were soon on our way to Magical Express.

This time, we got a bus with Crush on it! So much better than the regular Mears bus in 2008. I have no idea what is going on with the first picture!

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

It wasn't long before we were pulling into Coronado Springs. I had never stayed here before but soon fell in love with this resort. The theming is perfect and it has such a calm feeling there. Our room was in the Casitas building which was easy walking to the main building and there was a bus stop not far away.

IMG_2415.jpg

We got refreshed and headed out to DHS.

Coronado Springs Bus Stop #2

IMG_2418.jpg

I really wanted mom to see Fantasmic at DHS. We love this show and it is a must for us each vacation. They were starting to let the crowd walk in so we quickly grabbed some pizza for supper and made our way to a seat.

My favorite part of the show is Steamboat Willie!

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

Mom really enjoyed the show. It was a great start to our vacation! The park was still open so we decided to see the wait time at Toy Story Mania instead of walking with the masses to the buses. The wait, of course, was too long but we found another attraction to explore.

IMG_2426.jpg

We had never been to One Man's Dream before but it soon became another family favorite. I could spend hours in there looking around. I plan on doing that this year in the heat! If you have never been, go!

Afterwards, we headed to the buses and CS. We were tired and wanted rest for our first full day at Disney.

Up Next:

A Family Tradition for Breakfast
Will Jeremy ride Tower of Terror?
What Character will Jeremy be at MNSSHP?

COOL!!! I LOVE me some Paula Deen!!!! :)
How was Lady and Sons?? Was she there??

I wanted to go there on the way home from Disney last year!!!
That's going to be my 30th Birthday "Wish" next year!! DH just doesn;t know it yet!!
There is also a 'Paula Deen' beach house that is available to rent!!

You definitely know how to keep yourself busy before your next trip! Looking forward to hearing about this one TOO! Wow! Just under two weeks!

Love the crush bus! Wow I would have been a nervous wreck cutting it close like that to get to the airport! I'm the opposite, I need to be there with plenty of time LOL.

Can't wait to hear more about your experience with the MNSSHP!

Hello everyone!

I have been MIA the last few days. It has been a rough weekend at my home. Saturday evening, my father got bit by a rattlesnake while working in his garden. Luckily, it only punctured the skin and released a small amount of venom. He is doing much better and even went back to work.

Sunday evening, my uncle (mom's brother) passed away. My mom was visiting with him when he stood up and told her he wasn't feeling well and fell back with a massive heart attack. It has been a shock and a lot for mom, her sister, and my cousin and I to deal with. We were his only family.

Right now, our trip is in limbo. I have to see how this weekend goes and how much is needed for me to be home. I will post later the first part of next week on whether or not we will be going.

Please keep my family in your prayers!

Erika

Oh my goodness, Erika! I am so sorry to hear about your uncle! :hug:

That is just plain scary about your dad being bitten by a rattlesnake! :eek: I am so glad everything turned out okay with that experience!

Definitely keeping you and your family in my thoughts! :goodvibes

Oh Erika! I'm so sorry to hear all that has happened. Praying for your family. I hope you are still able to make the trip. Please keep us posted.

Oh Erika!!! :hug: I"m so sorry to hear about your uncle. How very sad. How scary about the rattlesnake - am glad to your dad is doing well though. You sure have had a rough week - I hope you are still able to go on your trip! Please keep us posted!
Karen

Sorry to hear about these events. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

If you do end up going on the trip, there will be a DIS meet on the evening of the 9th at the top of the Magic Kingdom Train Station to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade. Just thought I'd give you the information, since you haven't been on in a few days and probably didn't see that.

If you don't get to make the trip, I'm sure you'll do a good job of taking care of things on the homefront and then rescheduling at a better time.

Oh Erika!! I am so sorry to hear about what all has been going on w/you and your family! :hug: I will definately keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!! :flower3:

I hope you guys end up being able to go!

Hang in there!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter