Dreams Do Come True (and we are not even there yet)!-Trip 4 Started-6/28

Erika - I am SO sorry to hear about your Uncle. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family during this time. :hug:

I hope you are able to keep your plans! Please keep us updated! :grouphug:

Sara

Oh Erika - sorry to hear about your Uncle. My condolences to your family. I hope you don't have to cancel your vacation, but it's certainly understandable. Keep us posted!

I wanted to say one big THANK YOU for all the kind posts I received this past week. I have made some really great friends here on the DIS and appreciate your kind words.

Tom and I debated the trip this entire weekend. On Saturday, we spent the day with my mom getting the yard mowed at my grandparent/uncle's house. It took Mom, Tom, myself, and one of my uncle's friends 4 hours to mow! :scared1: It was sooo hot and by the time it was over I was very sick feeling. I think I may have got overheated. Since Mom and her sister are rotating mowing, I am very worried about when mom's next week comes if she will be able to do it without us since we would be in Florida. I talked with mom yesterday and she assured me that the next time would be much easier since there would not be any weeding to be done. Worse case scenario, if she can't get it done, we can help her the Monday we get back.

Sooo, we are going! :yay::yay:I am super excited as I really need this break now more than ever! I have a lot to get done in the next few days. I have a ton of laundry (and ironing) to do. I get my manicure on Wednesday. My hair is getting cut on Tuesday (please don't look at the roots if you see me in Florida----I had to cancel my color last week and there was no time slot to work that in!). I had great intentions to get a few shirts made for us but that will not happen now. There is just not enough time.

BTW, my lovely :-)rolleyes1) sister-in-law, finally decided to call Tom yesterday about their parent's 50th Anniversary and I guess we are having a big family cookout the weekend we return at our house! Nothing like planning the last minute!

To say the least, my stress level is high but we will get through it. I am determined to get Trip 4 complete before I leave. I will work on that during lunch today. Look for updates daily!

Erika

I'm so glad that you are able to keep your trip. :goodvibes

Try to enjoy it and not stress, relax and have fun!! :wizard:

I'm so glad you will be able to keep your trip plans!!! :hug: :cool1::dance3::cool1:

Sara

Thanks, so are we. We need to get away now more than ever. I am worried about mom but I know she has a lot to keep her busy so the break will be good for her too. She watches Jeremy for me so I know she could use the free time.

Erika

So glad it worked out that you'll get to go to Disney! Don't worry about those roots. Nobody will notice. And there's always someone with worse roots!

So glad it worked out that you'll get to go to Disney! Don't worry about those roots. Nobody will notice. And there's always someone with worse roots!

:scared1:I may be that person this time! Seriously, DH said no one would notice. They are not that bad but just to me!

A Spooktacular Time at Disney-Trip 4 Day 2

After a wonderful evening at DHS and Fantasmic, we awoke to hot, sunny Florida morning and were headed out to one of Jeremy's favorite character breakfasts.

We stopped in the lobby of Coronado Springs to get a picture in front of their fountains. The many fountains at this resort are beautiful. It is definitely worth the time to check out.

IMG_2428.jpg

We were soon in a cab and on our way to the Contemporary Resort. Jeremy loves Chef Mickey's for the monorail and of course, the characters. My DS still loved meeting characters this trip but I am afraid that will not be the case in a few days. He has informed there will be no autographs this time and he now does not want to eat at Crystal Palace with Pooh! :confused3 (They grow up way too fast!).

We were soon at our table, had a plate full of food, and the characters soon started coming.

Goofy

IMG_2431.jpg

The Big Cheese - Mickey Mouse!

IMG_2436.jpg

Jeremy waving his napkin in the air!

IMG_2437.jpg

Donald Duck

IMG_2441.jpg

Minnie Mouse

IMG_2443.jpg

Pluto

IMG_2445.jpg

It was the beginning of the trip and Jeremy was already getting aggravated at my picture taking!

IMG_2432.jpg

After a wonderful breakfast, we headed to rope drop at DHS. This is typically our least favorite park and we never spend a full day here. I think that will change with our trip this week.

We were literally at the front of the rope when it dropped and we (along with everyone else) headed to Toy Story Mania. Tom grabbed fast passes and then we got in the standby line and were quickly on the ride.

My best attempt at a picture walking through the queue.

IMG_2449.jpg

My mom loved this ride as do we. For some reason, I didn't take a lot of pictures this morning. I know we saw Beauty and the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Honestly, after we met some characters, I think we left as the heat was getting to us and we knew we had a big evening that night. Toy Story was down when we went back to ride so we gave our fastpasses to another family.

Here are pictures from the characters Jeremy met that day.

Mickey got a big kick out of Jeremy's autograph book that day. If you notice, it is Russell's journal from the movie UP. I found it at the Disney store and thought it would be perfect for him to get the character's signature and then put the picture with it :-)rolleyes1still haven't got the pictures added to it!).

IMG_2450.jpg

The characters from UP! We loved this movie and meeting the characters were even better. I am going to miss them this trip. I love how Dug looks like he is going to lick Jeremy's head.

IMG_2459.jpg

I don't think Jeremy ever watched the Little Einsteins but he wanted to meet this one! I have no idea his name.

IMG_2462.jpg

Handy Mandy!

IMG_2464.jpg

Once we got back to Coronado Springs, we had lunch at the Pepper Market (another favorite--the food was delicious!). Tom took a nap while Mom, Jeremy, and I hit the pool.

Contd in the next post... (photobucket is giving me fits today so there will probably be several posts so I don't keep losing what I have worked on)

The grounds at Coronado Springs are so beautiful and the walk around to the pool was wonderful this day.

IMG_2466.jpg

Jeremy found a hammock on the way!

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

Jeremy loved the pool at Coronado Springs. He loved the slide, the Mayan ruins, and even the kiddie pool. If it was up to him, we would stay here every trip for the pool alone. Actually, I even enjoyed it as well but there will be NO pictures of me in the pool posted here!

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

Tom eventually woke up from his nap and joined us. After a few hours, we headed back to the room. Jeremy got a much needed nap while the rest of us got showered and ready for the evening. I think Mom and I even ventured to the main lobby to check out the gift shop. Jeremy woke up, dressed, and we were soon on our way to a very Scary halloween party!

Continued in next post....

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the harvest colors, pumpkins, etc. I was really looking forward to seeing the Magic Kingdom decorations and for Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party.

When we decided to go to the party, I had soon started thinking about what Jeremy would wear. We looked at several costumes online but Jeremy really wanted to be Russell from UP. I found the shirt at the Disney store online (on clearance!) and all the rest we had at home. I did buy him a yellow Disney hat at DHS that morning to match the outfit. I thought it turned out really cute.

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

Note: some of these pictures are not the greatest but I wanted you to see all the festive decorations.

IMG_2520.jpg

Entrance to the party

IMG_2522.jpg

You can really see Jeremy's costume in this picture. He and I spent a whole afternoon looking for those shoe strings at the mall. No one seemed to have orange! I also splurged and bought him a Mickey trick or treat bucket.

IMG_2523.jpg

I loved all the scarecrows!

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

Main Street USA

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

The party had not started yet so we head to our favorite counter service at MK for dinner-Casey's. Mom loved it too!

Continued in next post....

After dinner, we headed to Toon Town so Jeremy could ride the Barnstormer. Plus, I wanted to scope out where Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs would be.

IMG_2595.jpg

After a few rides on the Barnstormer, I found a CM who told me where we could find Snow White. We quickly got in the line that already started forming. Imagine everyone's surprise when at 7:00 p.m, these guys came out.

IMG_2542.jpg

No one wanted to meet them. Everyone just stood there waiting for 7:30 when they switched with Snow White. I felt so bad for them that I made Jeremy go up and get a picture. Later on that night, they had moved to another location. I took one for the team and rode the tea cups with Jeremy while Tom waited in line.

IMG_2543.jpg

At exactly 7:30, Snow White and the Dwarfs arrived. You couldn't get an autograph, pictures only. It took me two pictures to get all 7 dwarfs.

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

We hit up our first candy station for the evening and then headed to catch the end of the Villians show. It was good but I did not get any pictures.

IMG_2547.jpg

It was getting close to time for the first parade so we headed to Frontierland to find a spot. We :love: this parade! It is our absolute favorite and I would give anything to go back and see it. We ended up staying and watching the second parade on main street so my pictures are from both locations.

Pictures in next post....

Pictures from the Parade

The headless horseman started the evening!

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

Between parades, we went to all of the candy stations. We found this guy near the Liberty Belle (not sure if that is the correct name) boat. Jeremy was totally creeped out by him.

IMG_2594.jpg

Jeremy met the Mad Hatter and that was it for characters that evening. He enjoyed everything else about the party so much more than meeting the characters.

IMG_2596.jpg

Hallowishes was great but I didn't take one picture. We enjoyed the evening so much and stayed until the party was almost over.

Up Next:

Will Mom like the safari?

Will we make it to dinner on time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter