Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: General Travel Question & Answer Part 1 | 10/29/19

I really like the response yous guys gave in regards to booking the first flight of the day if you are a nervous flyer. I don't have any issue with flying or the airplane, but HATE the airport and process in the airport. It's gotten better as I've started to fly more often, but the first flight minimizes the chances of problems, and the airport is much quieter. Also with minimal traffic and other things yous mentioned, its a great method to utilize when traveling.

I really like the response yous guys gave in regards to booking the first flight of the day if you are a nervous flyer. I don't have any issue with flying or the airplane, but HATE the airport and process in the airport. It's gotten better as I've started to fly more often, but the first flight minimizes the chances of problems, and the airport is much quieter. Also with minimal traffic and other things yous mentioned, its a great method to utilize when traveling.

I fully agree that the earlier in a day a flight is the less chance there is for disruption to your flight as typically once flights get delayed it cascades down to impact other flights

As to your comment about the airport being "much quieter" - I think it depends on the airport. I am in the NY Metro area and have been at JFK at 4:30 in the morning and it is a madhouse, super crowded, etc. I think because of it being a place a lot of people go through when traveling internationally and also have the West Coast redeye flights coming in impacts things.

So just if *your* airport is similar to what I describe it might not be as empty as you might expect - just so people don't freak out thinking "I thought it would be empty!"

I fully agree that the earlier in a day a flight is the less chance there is for disruption to your flight as typically once flights get delayed it cascades down to impact other flights

As to your comment about the airport being "much quieter" - I think it depends on the airport. I am in the NY Metro area and have been at JFK at 4:30 in the morning and it is a madhouse, super crowded, etc. I think because of it being a place a lot of people go through when traveling internationally and also have the West Coast redeye flights coming in impacts things.

So just if *your* airport is similar to what I describe it might not be as empty as you might expect - just so people don't freak out thinking "I thought it would be empty!"
I agree, @TheMaxRebo - Same here, with EWR (Newark International). And I can also say that I've almost always found TSA at EWR to be.......shall we say.......THOROUGH........and with JOISEY attitudes, so lines can move pretty slowly!!

Lots of businesspeople take early morning flights too.

Lots of businesspeople take early morning flights too.

yeah, it is usually business travel that gets me there that early .... and some of us are in "let's go!" mode and I am sure can only add stress to other travelers not in that mode

Its a good point. At say 5:00am Philadelphia's airport is less busy, but still bustling. I know on the Transportation forum some have asked if its okay to show up an hour early for a 6:00am flight as opposed to the standard two, thinking the airport is empty. I'm in the 2.5 hour before mode and sticking to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter