Drive or Plane

mattpatton

Earning My Ears
Do you take a car or plane to Orlando?I take a plane from Toronto to Orlando both ways.:D

We drive down the I-75 and make the drive part of the vacation using Dave Hunter's book Along the I-75. We drive mostly so that we can take our car fridge (with an adaptor we can use it in the hotel rooms). This allows us to take most of our own food including a case of water. It saves us tons of money as we don't eat out every meal. In fact we don't eat out breakfast at all and take stuff to make our lunches. We also eat some dinners in the room. We do eat out some meals but it's easier to take our own food. We couldn't do this if we flew. It does take longer but the drive really isn't that bad.

Cdnmickeylover

I drove once when I was a kid, but the rest of my Florida trips are by air. We considered driving March 2003 ~ but opted to wait until next year, so we will fly. S

Fly FLy FLy...

Life is too short to drive for days and days..

Are we there yet... are we there yet??? Are we there yet??

>>^..^<<

We always drive and we love it! (Mind you, the trip home isn't as much fun as the trip down:p )

Since I'm the only driver, we fly but if I had someone to share the driving with.....

Scratch
:smooth:

We've driven & flown & I'd do either one...there are advantages to both. DD & I are flying down in October...she says she's sick of driving but as I've said in other posts...I'd drive down in a minute again. I love the drive & to me it's just part of the vacation. I consider the vacation to begin the moment I pull out of the driveway.

There was lots of driving trips when I was a kid,but as my dad was the only driver he got tired of doing that and then we started to fly.We have taken two trips by plane with my DS's and this year we are driving.My DH is very nervous about flying and since he is willing to take on the many hours,we can afford to stay longer.

We usually drive. We use I81 then switch over to I95 in Virginia. Long drive but we don't really mind it. It is part of the vacation. We usually drive straight thru on the way there and stop one night (usually in southern Pennsylvania) on the way home.

John

How long does it take to drive from Ottawa? Where would you stop for the night?

The drive from Ottawa is ~24 hours via I81/I95 (& bypassing Washington).

In 2000 we left Ottawa at 6:30 am & stopped at the Best Western in Kenley, SC at 9:30 pm. We left there at 6:00 the next morning & were at the All Star Music at 3:30 pm. We don't stop much though -quick drive-thrus & gas. In 2001 & 2002 I picked up a friend in Waterloo so we took the I77/I79/I95 Route & it takes about 27 hours - but the view is breathtaking & the traffic much lighter. I prefer this route.

When we stop for the night we usually try to stop on the other side of a big city so we don't have to endure rush-our traffic trying to get out of that city the next morning. I also like to drive as far as I can the 1st day while we're more refreshed & it also enables us to reach WDW at around check-in time.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try & help you.

Hi, I just read about someone being afraid of flying. I am not afraid of flying ~ I am afraid of crashing. S

... for those of you who still drive, is that South of the Border (Pedro) thing still around? I remembered seeing that when we drove with my dad when I was younger. We never stopped because we were always trying to get down to WDW or back home.

I wouldn't mind driving again if I had another 2-3 drivers with me. Also you get to stop at the outlet malls along the way :p (Can you tell I love to shop?)

Yes it's still there & we'll stop there just for you on our DIS Babes trip ;) ;)

Nothing to do with this but how many times have you traveled to Orlando?I have been six times and moving on to my second.

We take the plane. I like getting to Orlando without travelling for days.

Originally posted by epcotfan
We take the plane. I like getting to Orlando without travelling for days.

I've lost count of how many times I've been to Orlando! :confused: I'd say 12-15 trips. If I go again in August it will be 4 trips in less than a year and a half!:eek:

Originally posted by mattpatton
Nothing to do with this but how many times have you traveled to Orlando?I have been six times and moving on to my second.

Twice in recent years (flying) ... probably 4 times with my family when I was a kid (driving) :p

Hey! That's a pretty cool idea :p Count me in! I'll tell work I have a (DIS) family trip I just can't miss :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter