driving a Winnebago to WDW questions

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
My sister in law mentioned last night that she is thinking of renting a winnebago to drive with my brother and their two little boys to WDW because they are afraid of plane and train crashes. They don't want to sleep in the winnebago, they just want to use it to let their boys have space for the 14 hour drive from MD. One question I have is, are people allowed to roam around in one while it is driving (and not be seated and buckled)?
Will they have trouble parking it places? Does that mean they won't have to stop for bathroom breaks? I have four children and my husband and I have always driven to WDW with them through the years in a van with a t.v. and have had hardly any behavior problems with the kids (actually it's me who has the hardest time sitting without stopping frequently). Does anyone know the cost of doing what she is talking about?

If you are not planning on sleeping or camping in it you may want to re-consider, it will be very costly. passengers should use seat belts but yes everything in the motorhome will be usable while going down the road including the bathroom, and you will probably still be stopping periodically (at least for the drivers sake)

Depending on what type of RV it could cost up to 2000.00 for a week trip.

It is important to remember that seatbelt laws still apply to RV's. And a lot of RV's don't have seatbelts on both sides of the dinnete so that a passanger is not traveling backwards (bad for the neck in a sudden stop) If they are not going to use the RV for sleeping they should look in to a smaller class C style or even a B. Those maybe less expensive to rent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter