Dumpster view at VWL

Granny said:
Not to belabor this, especially because I'm not an expert on the topic, but I do believe that Disney was very restricted in the space that they could build VWL in. As it is, it is a very small DVC resort even though there appears to be a lot of land around that could have made it larger.

But I think they had some very severe restrictions on how much land they could develop there, and my guess (just pure speculation) is that they didn't have a lot of choice as to where to locate the maintenance/cleaning depot. I could be wrong there, but it is hard to imagine that they had a blank piece of paper and decided that would be a great location for this area and not in a more obscure location. :confused3
Some things are unavoidable but again this is easily fixed. Simply extend the roof over the dumpster area, then instead of the big commercial dumpster use several 50/75 gallon containers that can be hauled off in electric carts to a more secluded area. They move these containers in the parks while they're open and they go virtually unnoticed. IMO it would not take much to accomplish this.

We've had the "dumpster view" from one of the upper floors and while it's not optimal, it wasn't the end of the world either. After all, we were at WDW so how bad could it be.

I'm with one of the earlier posters who was of the opinion that much too much was being made of the "dumpster view".

One additional thought, if I were going to be at WDW just one time and that was the one and only time, well I might be a little disappointed with a VWL dumpster view but I've been to VWL once and will likely go there again a few more times before my points expire in 2042. So, this at best is just a minor disappointment in light of the much bigger picture.

I think Granny is right - most of the land around it seems to 'wetlands' and you know all the laws about 'wetlands'

that is one reason for the broadwalk from WL to VWL.

I am always surprised by how much water is that area and how little insects.

(sure disney doesn't spray......)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter