• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC DCL advance booking a joke

Wakey

DIS Veteran
This new benefit, it even has its own number for DVC to call when paying cash.
Good luck with that. I've been calling continuously since 8sm ET, it rings for 2 mins then cuts off.
It's terrible a benefit is offered (infuriatingly I even had a reminder email about it 3 hours into trying to connect) that you can't even use.
It's a 1 day only benefit. After 6 hours I think I'm giving up and emailing Ken Potrock.
Terrible customer service.

I thought that was a joke as well. If they really wanted to give direct buyers a lead on booking, it would need to be more than one day.

I'm furious as it's a false benefit and a huuuge waste of time.

As I often post, the benefits are obviously used to attract new DVC buyers and help lock them in. If it was a true benefit, they would fix the booking issues that continue to occur.

:earsboy: Bill

I fell for this new 'benefit' guys. So far 6 hours getting a phone that rang out. Then on the call when it's finally put through listening to music now for 2 hours. This is an international call.
So 8 hours and a big phone bill- for nothing.

I fell for this new 'benefit' guys. So far 6 hours getting a phone that rang out. Then on the call when it's finally put through listening to music now for 2 hours. This is an international call.
So 8 hours and a big phone bill- for nothing.

Which one were you trying to book?

It was obvious that this was basically a false benefit. One day's advance on general public is not going to be a huge savings and doesn't even pace you against most of Castaway Club.

This is what silver cruise members get as well right? I don’t think it’s really ever been a great perk for silver or gold members in the castaway club either. So much easier to look it up online when it releases to the GP.
Right, I already have this benefit as a CC member, not as a direct DVC member.

Right, I already have this benefit as a CC member, not as a direct DVC member.

Same here. We just went on our first cruise, and honestly they keep sending us stuff. Just the other day, we got a whole packet including....a Silver Castaway Club Member magnet. Woot woot! Haha. Such nonsense.

Well after 2.5 hours I did book the 29 July Bahamas 4 day Dream at $6300 for 2ad 2ch. Upon reflection I thought that's a ridiculous price. I just went on this morning and the prices were no different for my cruise. So I switched to 2 weeks later and immediately knocked $1200 off that price bringing it down to a much more acceptable level. I had to give up my big square room, but I feel recompensed by the fact I bagged 5650 this morning- I have no idea why no one had not snaffled that already, I can only assume lack of knowledge maybe.

So I had the DisBoard sponsor price a June 1 7 day Eastern cruise for me — she was on hold for 7 hours for a 15 min transaction. Unfortunately the price is about $3K more than I was willing to spend ($13K for 3 adults in concierge). Ridiculous on many levels.

We're Silver CC and had our TA book our last cruise on the opening day for Silver...she was on the phone for nearly 3 hours....that's why I use a TA for booking DCL!

As Platinum I can book the very first day, and I know to leave it up to my Travel Agent. Many people call, it’s a feeding frenzy.

If you want to see if prices went up check the cruise board to see if “your cruise” prices have been recorded.

I HAVE booked on Platinum booking day, did not save over General booking day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter