DVC Needs Fee-Free High-Speed Internet

On this we agree, no one has to come up with why they want access included in dues any more than any one has to defend not wanting it added to their dues. Why someone wants is actually not relevant to the debate. It's all a matter of preference. Does not make any of us bad people, just different opinions. We can still drink a beer together, or soda, I know not everyone agrees on drinking a beer either. At some point, I'm convinced, internet service will be included, the only question is when. Within weeks of access being added we'll forget all about it and find something else to discuss. Keeps DISboards from becoming dull.:thumbsup2
It's simply that it appears to benefit a large enough segment of the membership to warrant it being included given the true long term cost.

Which is virtually nothing... Don't argue with me.. I am Director of IT in my company. The cost is minimal.

Since at this time we do not know what obligations DVD has to the provider, the cost is impossible to know. When these obligations are met who owns the infrastructure "I would hope ownership reverts to DVD but we don't know that. Will they go wireless (I hope so if I have to pay I don't want to be attached to a desk) I'm sure there is already a wireless system in place being used by mgmt. Not to argue but unless you are the director of IT at WDW you don't know anymore than the rest of us about the overall cost. I've been involved in networking three hospitals so far and the cost are very high for the hardware alone software and licenses are another story which I did not get involved with.

Which is virtually nothing... Don't argue with me.. I am Director of IT in my company. The cost is minimal.
Why would I argue with you. I've said myself it should be pennies on the dollar if done by the system internally.

...I've said myself it should be pennies on the dollar if done by the system internally.

At Marriott's Cypress Harbour (near Sea World) it is 15 cents per day per unit week ($1.08) to provide wired high speed Internet in the villas and wireless in public areas. It is included in our dues and this year's cost (quoted above) is 20% less than in 2006

At Marriott's Cypress Harbour (near Sea World) it is 15 cents per day per unit week ($1.08) to provide wired high speed Internet in the villas and wireless in public areas. It is included in our dues and this year's cost (quoted above) is 20% less than in 2006
When I get a chance I'll have to look it up at Grande Ocean since they fairly recently added it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter