DVC point balancing 2022 vs 2021

I have emailed the contacts I've been working with on getting this situation resolved; they advised the outage is unrelated to this issue and will be releasing the 2022 point charts "in the August timeframe".
They appear to keep kicking the can down the road. They originally said they would make the change in a few weeks. I hope they are giving a more accurate timeframe this time. Thanks for following up.

Thanks for reaching out and following up. Wow - August is still a ways away. Very curious to see how they change the charts and how this all plays out. I wonder if the poster above is correct and they will also release 2023 point charts at the same time. This way they can appease those who have already booked in 2022 with future lower point dates since we know the 2023 charts are projected to be lower anyway. I will very much be looking forward to the boards analyzing the 2023 charts to see if any changes were made or if we are still on the inflated seesaw trajectory that I<3riviera showed us.
If they resolve the 2022 issue adding a few days to the lowest cost season in September, as was suggested in some posts, it makes sense to release the 2023 charts at the same time. So they show the additional days are just to balance the charts and not here to stay (2023 doesn't have a lot of excess points).

Just curious how they're going to justify the change without admitting they did something wrong. By popular members' demand? An IT error? Goofy did the original version and it was revised by Mickey?

Obviously point charts were not revised during the shut down as some had speculated.
If DVC is actually going to revise the point charts for 2022, they have to know by now what those revisions are going to be, so I do not know why they do not announce them.

So basically nothing is happening with this... they kept pushing it back hoping we would forget about the points issue.
Maybe it's time to start calling again. They probably figured that we would be so distracted by the website shutdown and other announcements that we lost track of the fact that they've been kicking this can down the road for months.

My fear is that when the 2023 charts come out, they will have applied the same algorithm to it but "Oh, look how much better the charts look! We told you we would fix it!" They must take the membership as fools.

And they will try again in the future. May be a few years, but they will find a way to fabricate even more points.

So - 2022 point charts have been revised. Looks like September 20th-30th has been moved from the second travel period to the first, and only for Disney World DVC resorts (not HHI, VBR, Aulani, Grand California). I'm sure someone will do the analysis again to see if this resolves the point balancing issue. I know for me personally, I opted to book an offsite hotel for the end of April and use points starting in May to avoid the higher point cost in April.

Glad they have been released finally. I can’t wait for the analysis to be done to see if they properly balance now.

Well done to everyone who emailed or called - having to revise 2 points charts in 3 years is embarrassing on DVCM’s part. Hopefully going forward they check and double check their numbers before releasing these charts the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter