DVC ressie with no tickets

jvalic33

Mouseketeer
I'm sure there has been some insight on this, but thus far I haven't found it. We have an upcoming stay at BCV booked for October, but I was waiting to buy tickets as I was contemplating annual passes since I was expecting to return in less than 12 months from this next trip.

However, now, I don't have tickets and while I have a reservation, I'm wondering if/when they will allow us to purchase tickets? What are the chances I will lose out on even getting into the parks at all? I wouldn't mind if we had SAB, but without it, and without access to at least Epcot or Hollywood Studios I would be pretty bummed.

Some of these points were banked points so I'm torn about renting my reservation or how they would handle canceling it if I couldn't get into the parks. Any insight anyone might have, even guesses about what my options might be, I would love to hear them.

Not sure where you are located but my publix was selling 3 days tickets in the giftcard aisle. Maybe look to see if you can find some?

Whatever you decide, it needs to be ASAP because rumor has it park reservations will go live next week!

DVC was selling APs even after the announcement through the WDW website. Try to buy your AP

Several members have reported that they were able to purchase annual passes online.

Disney have said that by June 28 those without tickets and those with 2021 bookings will be able to purchase tickets AND see what park reservation availability is prior to purchase.

They've committed, essentially, that the resrvation system will be in place through year-end.

I have a really hard time wrapping my head around investing in three AP's given the fact that i can't park hop for the forseeable future. I think that is kind of bananas at this point - right now, an AP is a really overpriced park ticket.
I have to agree right now especially since I would have to buy 7 APs so that's definitely out for the moment, especially without a discount. I'm looking more for just a few days worth of tickets because I'm thinking of doing a much more laid back trip since I am really not looking forward to doing rides with masks on. I just really don't enjoy the mask thing and while I hear others say it's not that bad, I'm looking to enjoy food, the resort and the pool (fingers crossed).

Not sure where you are located but my publix was selling 3 days tickets in the giftcard aisle. Maybe look to see if you can find some?

Whatever you decide, it needs to be ASAP because rumor has it park reservations will go live next week!
Thank you, that's good to know, but I'm in the North East so no publix around me.

• Sad
Reactions: cm8
Disney have said that by June 28 those without tickets and those with 2021 bookings will be able to purchase tickets AND see what park reservation availability is prior to purchase.

They've committed, essentially, that the resrvation system will be in place through year-end.
That would be awesome and would really help me make lots of decisions. I hope we have news about the pools etc. by that time as well.

I have read and read the info on Disney Parks Blog and I can't find that. Do you know where you saw it? What I do see is this.

Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets.

And this:
For Existing Ticket Holders and Annual Passholders: Beginning this week, we will reach out to existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders with more information on when they will be able to check availability to make their park reservations. We will open the Disney Park Pass system to these guests in phases, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays. Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.

I have read and read the info on Disney Parks Blog and I can't find that. Do you know where you saw it? What I do see is this.

Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets.

And this:
For Existing Ticket Holders and Annual Passholders: Beginning this week, we will reach out to existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders with more information on when they will be able to check availability to make their park reservations. We will open the Disney Park Pass system to these guests in phases, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays. Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.

I’m having the same issue.

I have an existing 13 night DVC reservation for May 2021 but no tickets. I’ve searched the DVC and Disney world website. Logged in & out several times but i’m unable to purchase AP.

The May dates only just opened and with ticket sales suspended I never had the option of buying an AP

We’re in the same position. Two 10-night stays, one in October and one in January. No tickets. I was on the phone for over an hour and wasn’t told anything concrete.

I asked how can they allow 2021 packages w tickets to be sold yet not offer anything to people with DVC and resort reservations. They said they can’t imagine they would prioritize new 2021 ticket packages before offering to us and that hopefully more news comes out in the next few days. But again, that was all just the nice cast member’s hopes - nothing tangible.

I’m torn on buying an AP as I’m the only one who would purchase. Wouldn’t make since for the rest of my group since it’s different family members on each trip. I don’t want to buy it, have them not get tickets or access, and then I’m stuck with an unused AP with only me getting into the parks.

On top of this I received Disney’s “be among the first” email an hour ago. I don’t even know what’s happening anymore!

They will not be selling tickets for 2020 next week...only for those in 2021 and later,

2020 tickets will not go on sale until later in the summer.

We’re in the same position. Two 10-night stays, one in October and one in January. No tickets. I was on the phone for over an hour and wasn’t told anything concrete.

I asked how can they allow 2021 packages w tickets to be sold yet not offer anything to people with DVC and resort reservations. They said they can’t imagine they would prioritize new 2021 ticket packages before offering to us and that hopefully more news comes out in the next few days. But again, that was all just the nice cast member’s hopes - nothing tangible.

I’m torn on buying an AP as I’m the only one who would purchase. Wouldn’t make since for the rest of my group since it’s different family members on each trip. I don’t want to buy it, have them not get tickets or access, and then I’m stuck with an unused AP with only me getting into the parks.

On top of this I received Disney’s “be among the first” email an hour ago. I don’t even know what’s happening anymore!

Unfortunately, anyone wanting to buy tickets for 2020 will have to wait until later this summer, They do not want to sell them until they know they still have spots in the park left for people to book,

In terms of 2021, it does sound like cash guests will get first crack at 2021 tickets starting June 28th...however, they will be closing their park dates at that time,

Maybe, something will be added for DVC reservations to call and add multi-day tickets as well.

Unfortunately, anyone wanting to buy tickets for 2020 will have to wait until later this summer, They do not want to sell them until they know they still have spots in the park left for people to book,

Has this been confirmed by Disney? I was really hoping that DVC members with a reservation would get a crack at buying tickets in one of the early stages; some of the earlier communication seemed to indicate that's how this would work. If we (DVC reservation but no tickets) get thrown in the same bucket as "everyone else," we're much more likely to end up with a DVC stay but no ability to go into the parks. That doesn't make sense...

im in the same boat. i missed getting my new AP's by 1 hr. mine expire june 17th so even wit the 3 month extension I took the buy out. maybe I should have not and just renewed.

Has this been confirmed by Disney? I was really hoping that DVC members with a reservation would get a crack at buying tickets in one of the early stages; some of the earlier communication seemed to indicate that's how this would work. If we (DVC reservation but no tickets) get thrown in the same bucket as "everyone else," we're much more likely to end up with a DVC stay but no ability to go into the parks. That doesn't make sense...

Yes, it's confirmed by Disney. (in my case twice, as I figured it didn't hurt to try someone else).

The DVC rep I talked to was the most sympathetic (the ticket guy - not so much), and it sounded as if she had basically answered the exact same question all day. She said there were lots of DVC members in the same boat but basically we were SOL (my words, not hers :rolleyes: ).

im in the same boat. i missed getting my new AP's by 1 hr. mine expire june 17th so even wit the 3 month extension I took the buy out. maybe I should have not and just renewed.

Oh no!!! Can you still renew on the website or they removed that option completely once you took the buyout?

Yes, Disney has said that they will not be opening up any ticket sales for 2020 until existing ticket holders and AP holders have booked.

There are many resort only cash guests in the same boat, Matter of fact, they even shut down AP sales Today so those are no longer an options.

Right now, they don’t want anyone getting new tickets when they don’t know if current ticket holders...whether they are onsite guests or not...will get reservations for parks.

The only new tickets being sold starting June 24th are resort only stays for 2021 who turn their reservation into a package. What I don’t know if they will allow DVC owners with 2021 to call and get tickets too...that is not clear.

On June 28th, they will sell cash packages with tickets and rooms, but guests must Book park days right then.

Anyone in need of 2020 tickets, will not get them until they open it up later. You can’t even modify to add days right now either. My guests have 3 day tickets and now with no hopper want to change to 4 and they said not until ticket sales open...at that point, there may be no park spots left...or it will be after our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter