DVC ressie with no tickets

Regarding UT ticket prices for 2020, it's very interesting that 7 day price is > 8 and 9 day prices, ah well,
If I can grab 9 days the prices they are quoting (535'ish w/o discount) - that's certainly better than the Gold AP

If you go thru Disney and purchase 7 day + 2 day -it's roughly 200 more per ticket. Will need to call and stop speculating

Undercover Tourist 2020 ticket sales are live, up to 10 day base tickets.
I am unable to purchase tickets in excess of 7 days through UnderCover tourist for 2020 dates. It allows me to make the selection but when I go to make the actual purchase it takes me back to the ticket calendar where I can only select 2021 dates. When I change my order to 7 days or less, 2020 calendar dates are accepted. Maybe others will have better luck but from my experience UCT for more than 7 days can only be applied to 2021 dates.

I am in the same boat. Mid November flying down from New England. Hubby said we are still far away to make a decision and he’s confident we can go (we have two kids and no underlying health issues). I personally feel safe and comfortable with Disney but idk being on a plane just makes me uneasy with so many people inside! I’m gonna try to convince hubby to maybe consider driving with our 4 and 6 year old. It would save us money on the rental car we always get, airport parking fees at Logan and we would have two drivers
We're driving and I have to say, I think that would be my main reservation with the kids and Grammy...if I had to fly. I will say, however, my brother has been on multiple flights recently for work and so far so good (they do claim the air filters are prepared to kill these germs. If that is a comfort.

I feel that walking around Disney, in the open air, around the resorts, we were never shoulder to shoulder with people, even in October (which is when we are going). With limited capacity in the parks again I think we will be safely spaced and we could just as easily pick something up eating out at home so I'm not that worried.

If I want to take a vacation, I would argue that Disney will be more on top of it than most places.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I got my tix today. Used a separate gift card for each so that I could easily buy them online. I did call in and was on hold over an hour and never got picked up so I was glad it worked out that I had cards high enough to cover each ticket. I did only 4 day tickets because I don't want to spend too much time in parks with masks and I am hoping to take greater advantage of the resort and pool. The kids always cray to go back to the pool anyway so I'm looking forward to swimming, chlorine killing all germs for now (normally not a huge fan of chlorine) and being mask free when it is hot.

Still waiting to figure out how to buy 9 day LOS equivalent for half our party. Not hopeful that AP sales will resume this year. Not excited about paying for and extra 2 days separately due to cost and logistics of two tickets per person.

Still waiting to figure out how to buy 9 day LOS equivalent for half our party. Not hopeful that AP sales will resume this year. Not excited about paying for and extra 2 days separately due to cost and logistics of two tickets per person.

I’d be amazed if they didn’t start selling APs again soon.

I’d be amazed if they didn’t start selling APs again soon.
+1 ... I actually reached out to my DVC Guide, simply because part of our decision to buy some direct points was the AP discount. The re-opening decisions have put DVC/AP people out in the cold a bit, and I thought it was appropriate to let DVC know about that. Part of his response: "They are not selling new passes yet to anyone, but the rumor is they will start up again soon."

So I am hopeful, and think they are just slow-playing things a bit, bringing it all back one layer at a time.

However, I think there is also a unique challenge with AP's. Since AP's are not fully functional right now (no park-hopping, reservations required & max # of reservations w/o a resort stay, diminished value of extra perks like photos w/o characters...), what would they actually be selling? Does the AP price decrease because of this? Do they tweak the AP's they offer altogether? Or do they just leave them the same, even though there's less functionality (at least for now)? Maybe this is part of why they haven't come back yet.

+1 ... I actually reached out to my DVC Guide, simply because part of our decision to buy some direct points was the AP discount. The re-opening decisions have put DVC/AP people out in the cold a bit, and I thought it was appropriate to let DVC know about that. Part of his response: "They are not selling new passes yet to anyone, but the rumor is they will start up again soon."

So I am hopeful, and think they are just slow-playing things a bit, bringing it all back one layer at a time.

However, I think there is also a unique challenge with AP's. Since AP's are not fully functional right now (no park-hopping, reservations required & max # of reservations w/o a resort stay, diminished value of extra perks like photos w/o characters...), what would they actually be selling? Does the AP price decrease because of this? Do they tweak the AP's they offer altogether? Or do they just leave them the same, even though there's less functionality (at least for now)? Maybe this is part of why they haven't come back yet.

Was there ever a time for WDW that they sold APs for specific theme parks? I know that here in CA, when DCA opened, you could buy an AP for DL and an AP for DCA, but not a combined one (for a while). Same with park tickets. So...maybe WDW will revert to that?

IMO,I think this has to be one of the reasons they are suspended. They would be selling something that they know isn’t the same and have given current AP holders the option to cancel it and be refunded because of its limitations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter