DVC ressie with no tickets

So then let's say I purchase park tickets specifically for my 2020 October trip. If we end up canceling (at least 30 days ahead of course) what happens to those tickets? Can I still apply them to 2021, and if so is it just applying the dollar amount I paid towards new tickets? I ask because normally the 5-day park ticket is cheaper per day than a 4-day park ticket and I don't know about consecutive park days for a future trip...

I feel like Sandisw knows the answer :D

So then let's say I purchase park tickets specifically for my 2020 October trip. If we end up canceling (at least 30 days ahead of course) what happens to those tickets? Can I still apply them to 2021, and if so is it just applying the dollar amount I paid towards new tickets? I ask because normally the 5-day park ticket is cheaper per day than a 4-day park ticket and I don't know about consecutive park days for a future trip...

I feel like Sandisw knows the answer :D

value of ticket is applied and you pay difference to new ticket costs.

Woo hoo! Finally bought our tickets for our trip Dec 29, 2020-Jan 5, 2021 this morning. Everything went smooth this early booking the park reservations too! Now to wait for dining reservations time!

Bought mine this morning - and got reservations!! Feel relieved. Thank you to all on this group for the heads up. How do you all feel about safety of going with the uptick in cases? Our dates are the first week of November and we're flying. I know there is no easy answer to this, but I'd rather hear your perspective over general population on social media. TY!

Bought mine this morning - and got reservations!! Feel relieved. Thank you to all on this group for the heads up. How do you all feel about safety of going with the uptick in cases? Our dates are the first week of November and we're flying. I know there is no easy answer to this, but I'd rather hear your perspective over general population on social media. TY!
I am in the same boat. Mid November flying down from New England. Hubby said we are still far away to make a decision and he’s confident we can go (we have two kids and no underlying health issues). I personally feel safe and comfortable with Disney but idk being on a plane just makes me uneasy with so many people inside! I’m gonna try to convince hubby to maybe consider driving with our 4 and 6 year old. It would save us money on the rental car we always get, airport parking fees at Logan and we would have two drivers

Last edited:
7 day max...no AP...no assurances of being able to upgrade...

DVC members....we got 'em so lets screw 'em

The lack of communication or any concern for DVC members with reservations is astounding....

We have 14 days reserved in October....maybe two 7 day tickets for $1040 ($520x2) each for each person....but if we don't go due to our safety we are stuck with more credit then we can use....and IF we are granted the right to upgrade to gold AP, each person will have overpaid by over 300.

Why 14 days....these are all of our canceled points to aulani and HHI from this year that got canceled.

Simply allow DVC members to book park reservations on days they have room reservations....I don't know why this is difficult.

Anyone want to buy some contracts?

There’s a 7 day max on the 2020 tix this morning
I can see a limit on tickets with no reservation but I would think they would let you at least buy the usual 10-day max or the length of your stay if you have a resort reservation

Is there a deadline by which that value would need to be used? And if, for example, I spend $500 on tickets, and my next trip would only cost $450, what happens to the $50?
Following
I'm pretty sure that no credit is given. I'm not 100 on this.

$50 would be lost from my understanding

Basically its a use all at 1 time sort of situation. Who knows though if you were to use all $500 and then when you showed up on Day 1 downgrade possibly they could do a Gift Card for the rest but don't think thats how its supposed to work.

My guess is they don't know when/if yet, but if someone does manage to speak with Member services today - please try and ask about Gold AP's being available for purchase, or the potential timeframe.

will be calling myself in a bit for either that aspect, or braving WDW direct for 9-10 day passes and the cost differential

Is there a deadline by which that value would need to be used? And if, for example, I spend $500 on tickets, and my next trip would only cost $450, what happens to the $50?

They won’t refund the difference. At least, that has always been the policy.

7 day max...no AP...no assurances of being able to upgrade...

DVC members....we got 'em so lets screw 'em

The lack of communication or any concern for DVC members with reservations is astounding....

We have 14 days reserved in October....maybe two 7 day tickets for $1040 ($520x2) each for each person....but if we don't go due to our safety we are stuck with more credit then we can use....and IF we are granted the right to upgrade to gold AP, each person will have overpaid by over 300.

Why 14 days....these are all of our canceled points to aulani and HHI from this year that got canceled.

Simply allow DVC members to book park reservations on days they have room reservations....I don't know why this is difficult.

Anyone want to buy some contracts?

Did you try calling? Maybe the 7 day max is something for online purchases?

I am super disappointed APs are still not available. We have multiple trips planned in 2021, and I need to be able to buy APs for our family. No way am I buying regular tickets for each trip. Any rumors on when they might be available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter