DVC Ticket Offer

So, if I get the buy 4 get 6 and then Canx my dvc reservation, does the ticket revert to a 4 day? I’m fine with that, I just don’t want to have to pay extra for a 6 day. Or have the tickets Canx.

It will remain a 6 day ticket until the promo enters in September.

If it is not used by then, it reverts to what you paid to be used toward another ticket. But, if your new dates for 4 days is more than you paid, you do owe the difference just like anytime you change the start date of the ticket.

FOR THOSE WANTING TO CHANGE DATES OF DVC SPECIAL OFFER TICKETS

You must call Ticket Services - do not do it through MDE website/app.

We are still booked for a room and going in May. However, hubby’s work trip in July was postponed and we are thinking of going in July instead.

So I figured out on MDE how to change the dates for the 5 of us, but it wanted to happily charge me $377.52 for that change. It seemed to be negating the extra discount DVC gave us and getting rid of the extra days free if I do it this way.

So, I called Ticket Sales and was forwarded to a call back for Ticket Services. (After 30 minutes, I was called back and connected in less than 60 seconds - come on DVC) A very nice cast member confirmed that above - MDE doesn’t recognize the discount. Instead I will be charged $41.36 to change all 5 of our tickets if I choose this option.

Hope this helps someone else. 😊

Thanks for this! That is important for anyone moving dates within the promo period!!!
[/QUOTE]
Do we call the general Disney ticket services or DVC ticket services?

If I had it to do over again, I would not do the 6 days for 4 DVC deal. At this point I have spent over six hours on the phone or on hold trying to get this offer and then to make corrections and changes. One thing I learned, though, is that if you are offered a virtual queue, take it. They will call you back and you don't have to wait on hold.
How much is your time worth..??

Thanks for this! That is important for anyone moving dates within the promo period!!!
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like ticketing and not MS.

Thanks. I think just I might skip it. Just 2 tickets and were likely going to change or Canx our reservation. I C also worry if they’re some weird restrictions like only named person on reservation can use value if ticket expires?

You’d call Ticket Services not Member Services - The number I was given was 407-934-7639 - I went through the prompts until I got to the menu about changing the start date of tickets.

I called Member Services this am to purchase one time use points and they were able to help me with the ticket promo while I was one the line as well. I was able to get 4 4 day + 2 free for about $200 less than the discount ticket website.

Who do I call to add a date to the promo tickets? I bought 4+2 tickets but realized I need 5+2 instead. I am not sure if for that, I need to call DVC because it is a different ticket, connected to my DVC reservation. I wouldn't care if I called the wrong one, but both are usually 2 hour waits.

I called tonight, regular number and somehow after 2 hours got put thru to internet help desk. They don't do this type thing, he put me on hold twice and we got disconnected. Of course.

Who do I call to add a date to the promo tickets? I bought 4+2 tickets but realized I need 5+2 instead. I am not sure if for that, I need to call DVC because it is a different ticket, connected to my DVC reservation. I wouldn't care if I called the wrong one, but both are usually 2 hour waits.

I called tonight, regular number and somehow after 2 hours got put thru to internet help desk. They don't do this type thing, he put me on hold twice and we got disconnected. Of course.

It was reported that you need to call ticketing.

Just a heads up for those buying the ticket promo....I was so happy to only have to wait for an hour on the phone this morning that I failed to ask for "hoppers"....when I told my daughter the price she realized what I'd done.....guess that'll be another hour (at least) on the phone....

Just a heads up for those buying the ticket promo....I was so happy to only have to wait for an hour on the phone this morning that I failed to ask for "hoppers"....when I told my daughter the price she realized what I'd done.....guess that'll be another hour (at least) on the phone....
You can upgrade when you get to Disney. Just go to guest relations at the first park you visit.

You can call ticketing. DVC can't change it. When you reach ticketing, you will get a message saying something like "the current wait time is 4 hours. Would you like to be placed in a virtual queue and be automatically called back when it is your turn?" Say yes and enter your phone number. Four hours later, you phone will ring and you will get a helpful person.

You can upgrade when you get to Disney. Just go to guest relations at the first park you visit.
Actually, as we found out on our last trip, their computer systems aren't setup for that, you must call, they cannot be upgraded in person unless they recently fixed that.

Actually, as we found out on our last trip, their computer systems aren't setup for that, you must call, they cannot be upgraded in person unless they recently fixed that.

We have added park hoppers many times at the parks. Or, is it because it was the special ticket offer and they could not do it?

Yes, the DVC member must be on the reservation in order to buy tickets. I added our son as an associate user to bypass that issue-he's an adult now and if he wants to go, he can handle it all himself. In addition, the ticket cost going with DVC ended up $33 cheaper than the 4 day price on the Disney website, that was a decent surprise. I called right at 9:00 AM on Saturday and had no wait at all.
Hi, I'm confused about your note about associate user. Did you buy tickets for your son? Just curious because my husband is an associate user on his parents account. We recently booked a DVC trip for this summer (without his parents) so I am curious if we could get the 2 extra days offer. He's been too busy to call into Member Services to ask this past week.

Any inside scoop -- or maybe just an educated bet -- on whether they will extend the ticket offer or have a similar one for later in the year? We're booked for the first 2 weeks in November and I'm trying to decide whether it's worth waiting to buy tickets.

Just wanted to give a shout out to member services. My mom bought this DVC ticket offer, understanding the limits and all that. However, we just found out that my dad has bone cancer and he has to start chemo right away, so mom isn't able to go on our upcoming trip. When she called to just ask and see if there was anything that could be done about her ticket, they refunded it right away without any kind of hassle whatsoever. If I ever wonder why DVC, I'm going to remind myself of this.

Just wanted to give a shout out to member services. My mom bought this DVC ticket offer, understanding the limits and all that. However, we just found out that my dad has bone cancer and he has to start chemo right away, so mom isn't able to go on our upcoming trip. When she called to just ask and see if there was anything that could be done about her ticket, they refunded it right away without any kind of hassle whatsoever. If I ever wonder why DVC, I'm going to remind myself of this.
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad {{hugs}}. Healing thoughts going his way.

Dvcnews.com states you have to purchase the tickets by May 2, but the DVC site actually says "Reservation must be booked by May 2, 2021". Does anyone know if you can buy later (i.e. in July) as long as you already booked the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter