DVCers from North Carolina?

Apex here, bought SSR last October on the Disney Magic....

Hi neighbor...we're just up the road from you in Durham...

How did you like the Disney Magic? DH & I have thought about using the rest of the developer points we got from our SSR purchase on Aug 2 for a cruise next April. Did you use points or pay cash for your cruise? I ask because it's seems alot of folks say it's not worth it to use your points. However, I feel it's probably ok to burn our the remaining developer points on a cruise. We've never done a cruise, and we're thinking the 4 day Bahamas would be a good start. Do you have any pros/cons you could offer? TIA for any advice!

DH and I live in Georgia, but DD (who has been taking DVC vacations with us since 1993) just moved to Rocky Mount to be an 8th grade English teacher!! :teacher:

Greensboro NC here - we're in the process of closing on OKW so I figure that's close enough:cool1: :cloud9:

Just got my hubby back from Kuwait so we're signing papers and getting the money in the right spots:rotfl:

can't wait for our first trip home next Oct:love: edit: that 10/2008

Greensboro NC here - we're in the process of closing on OKW so I figure that's close enough:cool1: :cloud9:

Just got my hubby back from Kuwait so we're signing papers and getting the money in the right spots:rotfl:

can't wait for our first trip home next Oct:love: edit: that 10/2008

Welcome home, Flechette. And, more importantly, welcome home to your DH from Kuwait! :cool1:
Great to hear that he is back and you all have taken the plunge at Disney! I still remember your earlier posts about the long wait for his return. Glad to hear that everything has worked out for you and your family!

Hi neighbor...we're just up the road from you in Durham...

How did you like the Disney Magic? DH & I have thought about using the rest of the developer points we got from our SSR purchase on Aug 2 for a cruise next April. Did you use points or pay cash for your cruise? I ask because it's seems alot of folks say it's not worth it to use your points. However, I feel it's probably ok to burn our the remaining developer points on a cruise. We've never done a cruise, and we're thinking the 4 day Bahamas would be a good start. Do you have any pros/cons you could offer? TIA for any advice!

Hey back to ya neighbor! I work in Durham near Hwy's 54 & 55. Anyway, we love the cruises. We have been on a 4 & 3 day carribean and 7 day Western. We are going back in April of 08 for a 7 day Eastern.

We did not and will not be using points for our cruises. In fact when we were on our 7 day Western in Oct of last year, is when we got hooked on and bought into DVC. I had no intentions of joining just another "time share", but my DW talked me into going to the on board presentation, and they got me. So far, we have really enjoyed it. Since my daughter is in year round school, it gives us ample time to enjoy and use the program. Heck, we even still use "real" money to go to Disney. We are going back down the last week of October in our camper for 7 days on cash at Ft. Wilderness.

As for advise for the cruise, the only thing I will say is that if you can swing it, get a room with a veranda. Its well worth the money and gives the already spacious cabin an even larger feel. The rest is up to you. There is so many things to do, explore and enjoy on the cruises.

Hope to see you around town sometime or at "The World"

Duane

Hey back to ya neighbor! I work in Durham near Hwy's 54 & 55. Anyway, we love the cruises. We have been on a 4 & 3 day carribean and 7 day Western. We are going back in April of 08 for a 7 day Eastern.

We did not and will not be using points for our cruises. In fact when we were on our 7 day Western in Oct of last year, is when we got hooked on and bought into DVC. I had no intentions of joining just another "time share", but my DW talked me into going to the on board presentation, and they got me. So far, we have really enjoyed it. Since my daughter is in year round school, it gives us ample time to enjoy and use the program. Heck, we even still use "real" money to go to Disney. We are going back down the last week of October in our camper for 7 days on cash at Ft. Wilderness.

As for advise for the cruise, the only thing I will say is that if you can swing it, get a room with a veranda. Its well worth the money and gives the already spacious cabin an even larger feel. The rest is up to you. There is so many things to do, explore and enjoy on the cruises.

Hope to see you around town sometime or at "The World"

Duane

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I was looking at the staterooms with verandas. Looks pretty nice. Have a great trip in Oct...we'll be down the 1st week of Nov at SSR for the 1st time. :)

Checking in from Oxford, NC, just North of Raleigh! Been in DVC since 2004. Love every minute of it. :banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1:

Welcome home, Flechette. And, more importantly, welcome home to your DH from Kuwait! :cool1:
Great to hear that he is back and you all have taken the plunge at Disney! I still remember your earlier posts about the long wait for his return. Glad to hear that everything has worked out for you and your family!

Thank you Larrytau! :grouphug:

<chuckle> we kinda fell into a resale contract. It's was funny cause around mid July I was teasing hubby saying I'd have a pile of DVC paperwork for him once he got home. Then the next week I saw the perfect OKW contract for us. He got 3 email in about 3 1/2 hours:

#1 @ 8:45am) hey love - pretty interesting contract at TTS - we should look into it
#2 @ 10:15am) hey love - nice deal - think we should offer on it.
#3 @ 12 noon) hey hon, love of my life, man who understands how I get into these situations..... owners banked points and accepted our offer we need to pass RoFR and we're on our way:rotfl::lmao:

I must point out he didn't have a chance to respond to any of these emails - when he called me 2 days later he was laughing so hard he had trouble talking;)

Then we passed Rofr in 8 days and it has took exactly 2 weeks to get our closing documents. I even started a thread on that cause man that was fast. We've got a loan approved for about 55% of the purchase but we're still getting the paperwork done on that. I called the bank and the lady was like - how can you have closing doc already - we just approved you yesterday?:rotfl2:

(we had planned on a loan thru our credit union but they changes loan term lenghts before we signed on the dotted line so we had to look around just after we passed RoFR)

Guess it was meant to be!:cheer2:

Thanks again LT!

Hi everyone :wave2:

We just became DVC'ers last month and own at VWL. I'm so happy to be ble to finally join this group! We are from the Winston-Salem area. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter