DVCers Who Fly AirTran

Sorry if this is a silly question, but do they board those who reserved their seats first? Sort of seems as though they'd have to, but I thought I would ask just incase -- after a nightmare Southwest flight I am really antsy about seats now. (We always have flown Delta, but their fares are astronomical compared to others now, so we went with Southwest for our last trip, and though we had our passes printed off 24 hours beforehand, and had "A" boarding passes, we still ended up 3/4 of the way back on the plane after all of the seemingly endless preboarders filed on -- I want to avoid that scenerio like the plague lol)

after special pre-boarding (HC) and 1st class; the last few flights we were on - they started in the back of the plane & worked forward in batches

Sammie,

Thanks again for the posting.

I just selected our seats for our trip in September and was able to group our entire party of 6 together in two rows. We always fly Airtran, as they have the only direct flights to Orlando out of Rochester. However, we have never been able to sit together as a family. It has always been me with our two DSs in a row of three, my husband rows away from us, and my parents rows away from all of us. It is great to know that we will all be together on our next flight. Of course my DH may not have as relaxing a flight as he has become accustomed to, as now he will have to help me with the kids. So much for his reading and naps :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow DIS'er from Rochester!! We also use the NS flights to Orlando..much better!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads up. This has eased our trip anxiety.We got row 15 d,e &f all three together for $15 in our minds money well spent it was the last thing left to do prior to our July 1st trip 10 days of Mickey here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) WOOHOO

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow DIS'er from Rochester!! We also use the NS flights to Orlando..much better!!!! :thumbsup2

Hello Rochester DIS'ers!!!!! :wave: From Webster here!! We too love the NS, but they changed our return flight in October to 9am! :eek: No way we would make it with 4 teens this trip, so had to change to layover in Baltimore...oh well. Glad to finally see the assigned seats!

Hello Rochester DIS'ers!!!!! :wave: From Webster here!! We too love the NS, but they changed our return flight in October to 9am! :eek: No way we would make it with 4 teens this trip, so had to change to layover in Baltimore...oh well. Glad to finally see the assigned seats!

Hey there! I am only about 10min. from you! I am off Dewey Ave in Greece. Our NS's leave around 12:15pm at the end of this month. I wish mine were earlier!! :rotfl:

Greetings Fellow Rochesterians,

Our non-stop flight to Orlando doesn't leave to 12:30. For the last four trips, we always have flown a connecting flight that leaves around 6:00AM, which gets us to Orlando early but exhausted. This year, we opted for a later flight, as we have no plans to go to parks on the first day. We are just going to hang out at the Boardwalk, swim and eat at Spoodles.:cool1:
Our returning direct flight was suppose to leave a 12:30 also, but last time I checked it had been moved to 6:30PM!!! We were so excited to get a later departure flight; more time at WDW.:cloud9:

Sorry this is so long. This upcoming trip is a surprise trip for my boys, so it is fun for me to share my excitement with people, who get excited about WDW and DVC. My husband humors me with my plans, but my sons are the ones, who usually do the jumping up and down over WDW with me. The next three months are going to be long trying to keep this trip under wraps.:rolleyes1

Best wishes for great trips for everyone!

Our returning direct flight was suppose to leave a 12:30 also, but last time I checked it had been moved to 6:30PM!!! We were so excited to get a later departure flight; more time at WDW.:cloud9:

Sorry this is so long. This upcoming trip is a surprise trip for my boys, so it is fun for me to share my excitement with people, who get excited about WDW and DVC.

Glad to see the time changes on the return flight worked out for you!! Us, not so good. Seems like they went to an every other day morning then evening NS flight. We were moved from the noon flight to 9am. There's 6 of us this trip, my husband and I and 4 teen girls!! No way we would make that 9am flight. So we opted to take a 1:30 flight, but not a NS.

How exciting for your trip to be a surprise!!! Have a wonderful trip!!:flower3:

I have to go OT and say 'Hi' to the Rochester gang too!! :wave2:

Were from Honeoye Falls!

Love that Airtran NS! I did notice NS is 9am some days and 12:15pm others in December. The return flight varies as well. My dates happen to work out well. I get to return on the 6pm flight!

Hi Lisa!

We are from Fairport, but I have a good friend, whose husband teaches at the middle school in Honeoye Falls!

Have a great day; it looks like it will be a warm one.:thumbsup2

I am suprised that everyone is so pleased by this. We just booked Airtran because it had the best flight times out of Indy. I found the $5 fee to be quite a racket! Come on Airtran - just raise the cost of your tickets to what you want to charge and quit trying to nickle and dime us!

How much money do you think they make off this "service" which probaby required only a small switch in their booking program?

:mad: Sorry to rant. It made me angry!

Hello to the Rochester clan.

Were down state from you guys and girls!! in Putnam County

I am suprised that everyone is so pleased by this. We just booked Airtran because it had the best flight times out of Indy. I found the $5 fee to be quite a racket! Come on Airtran - just raise the cost of your tickets to what you want to charge and quit trying to nickle and dime us!

How much money do you think they make off this "service" which probaby required only a small switch in their booking program?

:mad: Sorry to rant. It made me angry!

We are happy because we find the $5 for the convenience pocket change. Yes they will make lots on it, but it is better than dealing with SW and not having an assigned seat. Considering I only paid $45 for my ticket the extra $5 was worth it.

Does anyone know if this works with the paper tickets Disney travel issues? This year (and last) we were able to book significantly cheaper Airtran tickets through Disney. But being paper tickets, they specify seats can only be selected at check-in, in person.

But that was before they started their system of charging for seat selection....

Does anyone know if this works with the paper tickets Disney travel issues? This year (and last) we were able to book significantly cheaper Airtran tickets through Disney. But being paper tickets, they specify seats can only be selected at check-in, in person.

But that was before they started their system of charging for seat selection....

Sorry, not sure about this one, I would suggest calling the toll free and asking. They can also book the seat request. My tickets are paper as I booked online.

Or you can try it, simply go to AirTran.com and put in your confirmation number and see what happens. If it works it will ask for payment and then when you type out your new itenarary it will show the seat assignment.

Just booked my seats...thanks for the info. Now we don't have to worry about checking at the 24 hour mark while we're at WDW. That is a relief!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter