(early)FMP….for EROS…..

Funny Kelise when I think of EROS this is what comes to mind…Heidi ..Heidi…Heidi…

Contrary to popular belief I DID NOT start this thread to brown nose EROS. (after all… my sons are only 10 and 5…Harvard is a long way off for them)

Hey snoopy … just custious ..what are you wearing today? (and BTW check out my view/reply count for this thread…not to shabby)

Thanks..CC (you are HOT!)

The EROS thread caption game…..

Welcome to hell …EROS we have been waiting for you.;)

t1_blackhole_all.jpg

Eros, if you are reading this, I am sorry to see you go as well. :-( I have no idea what happened, but maybe ignorance is bliss in this case.

I will always appreciate your PM's to me when I posted about my brother's and niece's illnesses. Your words were comforting and kind. It especially helped to hear them from a medical professional.

Thanks for being my friend. I wish you much peace, dear man. :D Take care.

It wasn't about disagreements or differences of opinions...it was the nasty insulting nature of the comments, and about threads like tkyes "Sad news...Stephanie" and the very fact that she could say after many, many pages of posts:
thank you guys so much for your kind thoughts and words.

I might just print all these messages out and share them with her family eventually.

Her mother said she passed very peacefully.
The disagreements and the differences of opinions could be avoided if it bothered anyone so much. But the hurtful comments blindsiding people who are at their most vulnerable couldn't...I suppose there are still people who would say, "well, tkyes and Stephanie's family (and any other DISers who felt compassion) didn't HAVE to read it" if he had highjacked that thread as he HAS done on other similar types of threads.

Oh...and bye EROS. I'll be looking for you at B&W.
;)

I am sad to see EROS leave, I looked forward to reading his posts and comments. It is unfortunate that adults cannot "live" together in a diverse community and get along with people with varying viewpoints and morals. What does one expect when posting on a PUBLIC internet BB?

Anyway, for what it's worth, I am sad that EROS is gone, and would be sad that any one of us was banned or decided to leave the boards on a "bad note".:(

I've been lurking here for years, in fact I remember when Eros appeared on the board. I lurk at work during down time, so I can't post... not that I'm sure that I always wanted to.

I agree with Robinb. There is a certain immunity that some people grant themselves when they cloak themselves in their faith. (I'm not just talking about here.) Or in their definitions of themselves. No one likes to be called on when they could use a little soul searching, but that's what Eros tried to do. No wonder he was so hated.

But one thing I remember more than all, in spite of so many self-claimed, or annoited "nicest persons in the world" on this board, when I first started posting, he was the ONLY one to ever say "hi, pleased to meetcha. Welcome."

Bye, Eros. I'll miss you.

During all this holiday time and lots of stuff going on in my own life, I haven't been here as much as usual lately. I got back and didn't see him anywhere and I am very sad about that. Eros, buddy, I liked you a lot. Without question you were one of my absolute favorite DISers. I never saw you direct a mean and hurtful comment to any one particular poster on this board, although goodness knows you were attacked time and time again. We certainly had a few disagreements. You were the very first person I ever argued with when I first came to these boards. I even still remember the topic in question. It was about a coffee shop posting daily quotes by famous people and having to take down a quote by Hitler because people complained. We argued, but then we PMed and "made up". You were (scratch that) ARE a great guy. You stayed up with me half the night when my SO was away on a business trip and I was bored exchanging dirty jokes that would never make it by the censors here. I hope that you are watching this and can see what kind of impact you had. People can say till they are blue in the face that they didn't really care about you one way or another and are just interested in the commotion....but man you were the COMMOTION!!!!!!!!!!

The tired doctor was awakened by a phone call in the middle of the night. "Please, you have to come right over," pleaded the distraught young mother. "My child has swallowed a contraceptive." The physician dressed quickly; but before he could get out the door, the phone rang again.
"You don't have to come over after all," the woman said with a sigh of relief. "My husband just found another one."

I’m trying to die correctly,
but it’s very difficult, you know.
Lawrence Durrell

rip1Lctr.gif

This all sounds like a eulogy-- he didn't die. He was banned.

I guess I am happy to see that the past practice of not allowing a banned persons name to be spoken (at least for quite some time after the banning) has been relaxed. :)

Hey snoopy … just custious ..what are you wearing today?

Gap camel suede snap front shirt (looked much better on the celebrity Gap model). Black tank. CK dark rinse jeans. Short black boots. Poorly chosen socks (way too thin on a cold day like today). Hair in messy ponytail secured with turquoise beaded scrunchy. Mac Viva Glam lipstick. Mac blush. Loreal transclucent powder. Long dangly turquoise earings, silver Fossil watch. Wedding rings.

(so do I get to be hot too? :teeth: )

(and BTW check out my view/reply count for this thread…not to shabby)

What can I say, Charlie? You are the master! :)

I will miss EROS too. He made me laugh. Some opinions I agreed with some I didn't.

I didn't think he was mean. He did give his opinion when he was provoked.

I will miss the girlie pictures!

Maybe he will be reincarnaited.

I'll bet EROS is enjoying the HECK out of this thread!!:D :D :D

Eros you will be missed.

While most of the time I may not have agreed with you and you sure struck some nerves. I have to admit I will miss your post.

Whether I posted, agreed or disgreed I have to admit I always read your post. They did make me think, though they never changed my mind.

Farewell EROS sending Fluffy Pixie Dust your way.

Yeah snoopy.. you know it goes without saying…you are the HOTTEST American chick.

And yes I am a master but not of the English language as you can see from the above spelling of curious. (btw.. thanks for putting it in a quote so I can’t edit it)

;)

ROFL Charlie! I was going to edit it for you, but I didn't want to be acused of censorship (in honor of Eros!) :teeth:

I will definitely miss EROS' posts. His views often had me re-evaluate how I had come to a certain opinion. I think he probably pushed the envelope a little to further challenge us. How utterly boring if everyone on this board agreed on everything all of the time! Best wishes, EROS!

Eros, you are missed by lots of people, me included.
My oldest daughter would steal the computer while I was dissing just so she could read your threads. :)

I hope to see you around. :)

Although EROS never had a nice thing to say about me…I still respect him and I bid him farewell.

PS – hey EROS… please use that one-way airline ticket to Iraq I sent you before January 27th ..I wouldn’t want you to miss anything. Hope you get a front row seat to enjoy the great fireworks show over there. (hey maybe you can sit right next to my good friend Saddam);)

I rarely agreed with him. In fact more often than not he really pissed me off. But then again, there were times, I’d hear myself saying, Oh geez, there goes EROS again.

He spoke his mind often, I have too but I have also, hit the back button and the select all and delete. He’ll probably never see this thread but there will be times when I’ll think, What would EROS say to that!

denise

I like debates so I guess I'll miss him.

I also like a good mystery and its started to kill me not knowing what happened!!!

charlie, nj is corn cool

YIKES! Just realized no more "Nicole" pictures!!!!

"Per aspera ad astra", Mr. EROS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter