(early)FMP….for EROS…..

C

charlie,nj

I know a lot of us won’t say it…but I will.. I will miss EROS. Yes, he annoyed a lot of DISer’s but you have to admit he always got the CB hopping. (will the ignore function be disabled now that he is gone?);) Just look at the number of views his threads always got. I for one would always get a kick out of seeing a thread from him. (especially the girlie ones):eek: I will also admit that his threads made me think and rethink some things. (smell that wood burning) Right or wrong he was a member of the DIS community/family and he IMO at the very least deserves a fond farewell. (but I take it all back if the mods/Pete disagree…I am a big coward..ask my wife) ;)

Goodbye and Good luck…EROS
(hope to visit your family store up in Boston some day)

Here is a little something in memory of EROS…..the picture and the lyrics are for him…the piece about GOD is for me….

107.jpg

U2
Album: All That You Can't Leave Behind

Heaven on Earth, we need it now
I'm sick of all of this hanging around
Sick of sorrow, sick of the pain
I'm sick of hearing again and again
That there's gonna be peace on Earth

Where I grew up there weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies
They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you

And it's already gone too far
Who said that if you go in hard
You won't get hurt?

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth
Tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth
No whos or whys
No one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the color in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

They're reading names out over the radio
All the folks the rest of us won't get to know
Sean and Julia, Gareth and Ann and Breda
Their lives are bigger than any big idea

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth
To tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth
Jesus sing a song you wrote
The words are sticking in my throat
Peace on Earth
Hear it every Christmas time
But hope and history won't rhyme
So what's it worth
This peace on Earth

Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth

There really is a GOD…….

Death row inmate dies of heart attack

Wednesday, January 15, 2003 Posted: 9:22 AM EST (1422 GMT)

MANSFIELD, Ohio (AP) -- A man who drew up a hit list and methodically killed four people died of heart attack in his cell on death row.

Jerry F. Hessler, 45, was found Tuesday by a prison guard during a routine security check, said Rod Johnson, administrative assistant to the warden at Mansfield Correctional Institution.
An autopsy determined Hessler, who had a history of heart problems, died of a heart attack.

"His Judgment Day has come," said Ruth Canter, a former co-worker who survived being shot by Hessler. "I always felt like when he was in prison, I was in prison."

Hessler was convicted of killing four people in a shooting spree November 19, 1995, that targeted former bank co-workers.

He had been fired from Bank One in 1994 for alleged sexual harassment. Following his dismissal, he killed two former co-workers and their 5-month-old daughter and the father of a woman who had rejected his romantic advances 10 years earlier.

Hessler also shot and wounded his former supervisor and Canter before driving 75 miles to try to kill a former girlfriend.

Hessler was sent to death row in 1996 after his conviction for aggravated murder.

Attorneys said Hessler had bragged about the killings by writing about them on the walls of his cell while awaiting trial.

Is there any way EROS can be let back on the DIS in the future?
His posts were very "original"!!
naughty.gif

I agree, Charlie, and I admire your courage in speaking up. I'm in the dark as to the whole situation concerning his leaving, and it kind of bugs me, the secrecy of it all. I'm just so used to seeing him and his posts on this board, so it does seem weird not to have him here. I, too, wish Eros well.

I am so saddened and upset by the loss of Eros. I generally disagreed with him, he often bugged the heck out of me, and I didn't always agree with his methods but he was one of my favorite posters. I am extremely conservative but really don't want to live in an only vanilla world. Contrary to Eros thoughts I don't think most CB'ers want fluff only. I don't think every disagreement belongs on the debate board either. I wish there was something I could do. We should start a petition.

Do you see what just happened. A thread with Eros in the name and I am instigating rebellion, LOL/

I miss his posts, too. It is nice to have substance around here, rather than just fluff...

This is what I get for not checking the DIS for a couple of days. I am sooo in the dark! EROS is gone?!?! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

He inspired controversy. He posted a lot of things that people found offensive, and I am sure the moderators had to think long and hard about banning him. This is a private venue and it is their choice. Not everyone liked his scantily clad pictures or liberal views regarding our country, or actual word to old Gospel hymns (posted on the Christian music thread), and I imagine there were a lot of complaints. I will miss his posts, but life will go on.

Charlie,nj - off topic FMP is a term used by my employer when it's time to "right size" the management ranks, are you using it that way, or do I need an education on that particular abbreviation?

I know a lot of us won't say it, but I will... I won't miss the tension and confrontation. I have nothing against EROS, personally, but most of his posts belonged on the debate board and he had a tendancy to hurt people's feelings.

I will miss him too.

Speach isn't realy free. It carries the cost of the reponsibility of what, how and where it is said. Without the relationship of being accountable for your words, speach is babble - or maybe fluff.

I am sure that the move was made with fair notice. He made his choices and because I enjoyed many of his posts I am saddened he choose to push thing past the limit.

But then pushing thing past limits is an act of free speach too, one he obviously prized above the board's right to freely associat within stated norms.

My two cents.

38 minutes Dan - LOL

Thanks, Charlie,nj. I wanted to say goodbye to EROS, but was too chicken to start a thread last night!!

Bye, EROS and thanks for the chuckles! You were the first person I thought of when that governer let all those guys off death row!! Good luck to you.

I've often wondered, if someone is banned, can't they just come back under another name?

I never really got "involved" in his threads and posts, but I must say that when I lost my dog last year, Eros wrote some touching things to me. He has strong opinions, but he really has a good heart.

This is just a goodbye thread ....nothing more...

mickeyfan1...FMP = Friday Men's Post ...I see from your post count you are a "baby".. that explains why you didn't know what it mean. I know your FMP well ...Forced Mang. Plan right? I think we work for the same big company.

Originally posted by Zurg
I will miss him too.

Speach isn't realy free. It carries the cost of the reponsibility of what, how and where it is said. Without the relationship of being accountable for your words, speach is babble - or maybe fluff.

I am sure that the move was made with fair notice. He made his choices and because I enjoyed many of his posts I am saddened he choose to push thing past the limit.

But then pushing thing past limits is an act of free speach too, one he obviously prized above the board's right to freely associat within stated norms.

My two cents.

38 minutes Dan - LOL

Very well said, Zurg. :)

I said so privately and I'll say so publically, I wish you love and peace, EROS. I hope to see you around out there in cyber space somewhere. Take care. :) I'd like to buy you a cup of coffee or a drink one day if you'd let me. :D

I didn't always agree with Eros' posts but I did enjoy reading them. Sorry to see you go.

Wishing you the best.

I will miss him too. I didn't always agree with his views and I am sure if I had made them more public, he probably wouldn't have agreed with mine. But, I could see that deep down he was a kind and gentle person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter