(early)FMP….for EROS…..

I hate to see anyone banned. I'll miss some of his posts -- but not all of them.

Sometimes, I had to stop myself from responding to a thread because I just didn't want to get into it. I really don't think I stood a chance up against his intellectual thoughts & use of words. LOL It was easier to walk away. :rolleyes: (Something I have a REALLLLLLY hard time doing in real life.)
I come here (CB) for entertainment of a lighter kind.

Sorry to see you go.

I miss him too, although I definatly didn't agree with everything he said he has also sent me very caring and touching PMs from time to time. He will truly be missed. I guess I still don't understand the banning process but its up to the mods. I do have to say this though I don't "get it" how EROS didn't seem to be attacking any one person just stating his opinion....Oh well:confused: EROS you will be missed!

Okay look. . . I understand people wanting to express their opinions about this subject, and I'm not in anyway pasing judgement on that personally. . .

But the policy is that we do not allow public discussions of bannings publicly either postively or negatively. . it is not fair to the person banned nor to the WMs who had to make the decision. .

Everyone is entitled to their opinon, and no hard feelings either way, but please respect the policy, and any posts on the subject will have to be deleted. . .

Thanks everyone. . :)

Very true, Jason.:(

I miss EROS.:( As I've said to about a bzillion people here privately, he was always nice to me (even when he argued with me, he was very nice about it). I like nice people.:)

Charlie,
That was nice of you to post.

Eros and I didn't "get along" but there is no hate for him. I have no idea what he thinks of me so...

For a long time we disagreed and were respectful about it. Somewhere along the line that changed a bit. But I know he isn't too bad...last year he made a very kind offer to me and my family. Talking to him on the boards and PMing or Emailing him were like talking to 2 different people in my book. Very strange but I bet in real life he is more like the private notes were & not the posts on this BB.
I wish him peace.

I'll miss Eros too. I know that he upset a lot of people and never really understood why. I hated to see anyone upset but I respected his right to his opinion and he was always very nice to me so Eros, you're definitely an enigma! Goodbye Eros, hope to see you around the 'net again.

And thanks moderators for letting us say goodbye.

I will also miss such a truly intelligent, although misguided ;) soul. He caused many of us to think and look at our own views. I wish him much peace, happiness, and pleasure.

Originally posted by WilmaBud
I'm in the dark as to the whole situation concerning his leaving, and it kind of bugs me, the secrecy of it all.

It's simple. If you did something wrong and the webmasters had to slap your hand, would you want them to publically announce that you had just been reprimanded? It's a private matter between the webmasters and the individual member.

Originally posted by mickeyfan1
I am sure the moderators had to think long and hard about banning him. This is a private venue and it is their choice.

Actually, it is not their choice. Only the webmasters, not the moderators, can make that decision.

Originally posted by Tinkbell
when I lost my dog last year, Eros wrote some touching things to me.

Too bad he didn't extend that same courtesy to people who were grieving over their dead family members. Instead, they got treated to an explanation that their family members were not in heaven, they were just rotting hunks of organic material now.

Originally posted by Beauty
I guess I still don't understand the banning process but its up to the mods.

It's simple. Ignore multiple warnings from the webmasters and you finally leave them no choice but to prohibit you from visiting.

I also will miss eros, though we did disagree on alot of things. This board tends to be too vanilla IMHO and he did spice it up which made it much more interesting IMHO!

EROS did you notice this thread has 1240 views so far .........and counting.So long pal...........:(

Thank you Eros for the kindness you showed me in your PM's when I lost my Mother.

I do wish you the best, you will be missed.

Like Crissup said...plain and simple.

What does the number of views have to do with anything? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Several of those are mine...not out of support or anything else...just the old trainwreck curiosity.

This thread, no doubt, will end up in Locked Thread Heaven so I want to quickly jump in, too and say BYE to a friend.

BYE EROS :wave:

(Please imagine the prettiest bouquet ever, right here;) )

quickly getting my two cents in...

I have often been in the position that Eros was in, I don't always agree with the masses and I am usually not afraid to post my true feelings.

Eros created a lot of controversy, but I think in many ways he did make us think. Did he go overboard sometimes? Yes. But yet I didn't miss many of his posts.

You know just because someone doesn't believe in God, that doesn't make him or her bad. Those are the people that we are to embrace. God loves all His children, even those that don't know Him. There is much hypocrisy with how Eros was treated on this board by "Christian" members.

Eros, you will be missed. I miss you already.

Peace!

EROS often times made me laugh, sometimes this kind of laugh - :teeth: , and sometimes I would laugh while doing this - :rolleyes:

In any case, I wish him well. :)

'Ultimately, America’s answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired."
Robert F. Kennedy

Amen Crissup and Mare, thanks for having the guts to post that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter