Echo?

PolymerSkywalker

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any thoughts on the Echo series that is about to drop on Disney+?

High hopes?

Any idea why they chose to drop it all at once instead of once a week.

It's a continuation of the Netflix/Daredevil Marvel Universe. Very violent, rated TV-MA, definitely not for kids. I had no interest in the show until I saw the trailer. Probably dropping all the episodes since that's how Netflix typically does it. I'd imagine it will have some ramifications on the Daredevil: Born Again series.

Honestly, I don't love that it is going back to being a "Hard R" style show since Hawkeye wasn't. I don't really like that they mix this in with the MCU. I didn't mind it so much when it was siloed on Netflix, but for some of those characters it never really worked. Daredevil for example isn't usually that serious, and a more fun version of the character would be welcome. They were high-quality shows, but really it's unecessary to use certain characters with that tone. Jessica Jones, Punisher - those make sense, but Daredevil and Iron Fist ar emore "superheroey" if that makes sense.

Echo also wasn't a very likeable or sympathetic character in the Hawkeye series. Normally I would give the benefit of the doubt to the MCU folks, but their TV output has been less than stellar. Couple that with my general lack of interest in the character, and I may just give it a pass.

I will give most anything a shot for one episode. Nowadays if you don’t wow me, then I likely will not continue.

Used to if I started something I would be guaranteed to complete its full run…….no longer. You want me to do watch it all it needs to be on the level of Wandavision or better. I start seeing any She-Hulk like crap and I am out.

I will give most anything a shot for one episode. Nowadays if you don’t wow me, then I likely will not continue.

Used to if I started something I would be guaranteed to complete its full run…….no longer. You want me to do watch it all it needs to be on the level of Wandavision or better. I start seeing any She-Hulk like crap and I am out.

See, I want to see more She-Hulk like stuff - funny and light. It's one of their better shows that didn't go off the rails in the final episode or two (well it did, but in a meta way that is almost critical of some of the other shows). Echo looks angsty, and I'm just so over angsty.

So you like twerking in your superhero shows it seems? Starting to understand why we don’t often agree on content we like.

Shehulk was the exact opposite of what I like in my marvel content. Wanda Vision was the best Disney has done by a large margin to my eye.

Hated Top Gun and liked She Hulk……that’s a head scratcher for sure dude!

So you like twerking in your superhero shows it seems? Starting to understand why we don’t often agree on content we like.

Shehulk was the exact opposite of what I like in my marvel content. Wanda Vision was the best Disney has done by a large margin to my eye.

Hated Top Gun and liked She Hulk……that’s a head scratcher for sure dude!

I agree that WandaVision has been the best of the Marvel shows. She-Hulk was a comedy though - it was intended to be farcical. That's fine with me to have something different. WandaVision certainly had it's funny moments, though I wouldn't overall call it a comedy. She-hulk comics were also very much like that at one point, which they heavily borrowed from (The John Byrne run from the late 80's). She knew she was a comic book character - she was Deadpool before Deadpool even existed! Sure, it could be kinda dumb, but there's nothing wrong with a dumb laugh sometimes. She-Hulk also gave us Wongers, and I can't fault it for that!

It's not like Top Gun was any less dumb - and it wasn't a comedy! I mean, it's comedic that they straight-faced ripped off Star Wars, but still.

What they ripped off was a cinematic blockbuster, I saw it twice in absolutely packed theaters.

But, still, it was eye-rollingly dumb. And when they find that flight-worth F-14.... And, hey, I'm not criticizing anyone who likes it. I enjoy a lot of "dumb" stuff. It's okay. But, you know, it's still dumb.

I just like funny, lighthearted stuff, which is why I generally perfer the MCU to, say, DC movies. I don't want MCU projects to get all angsty.

$1.5 Billion box office with a 170 million dollar budget. Yep, it was terrible!

I didn't say it was terrible, nor did I say that people didn't like it. They obviously did. I said that it's a dumb movie, which it is. It's also not one that I enjoy, but that has more to do with it being pretty trite and also having Tom Cruise in it. I wouldn't have even seen it, except it was palying at a buddy of mine's house once. I really had no interest in it. I also never spent time complaining about it either.

Oh you have complained about it plenty on here.

Look I like things others consider dumb / stupid / silly also ….. as much as the next guy. Just busting your chops man. I like my stupid stuff also. Not She Hulk stupid, but still stupid nonetheless.

PS - you seen the new ghostbusters trailer? Looks really good!

Last edited:
Oh you have complained about it plenty on here.

Look I like things others consider dumb / stupid / silly also ….. as much as the next guy. Just busting your chops man. I like my stupid stuff also.

PS - you seen the new ghostbusters trailer? Looks really good!

You bring it up. My complaints pretty much boil down to "I don't care for Tom Ctuise." Which I don't That's it. I have never said that other people shouldn't like it. I'm happy for them. It just isn't my thing.

I like things that *I* consider dumb/stupid/silly too. I think that's the difference - I don't think that just because I like it, that it isn't dumb. I know it is - I just don't care. I love tons of dumb 80's action movies - just not the ones with Tom Cruise! 🤣 Now, Schwartzenegger - he's never made a bad movie.

The new GB trailer is indeed excellent - and I am glad it is a new story with a new villain and not just a redux of the originals.

Ghostbusters…..That’s how you revive a franchise!

Honor the past and pass the torch…..threaded the needle perfectly. If only Lucasfilm could have taken this approach!

Last edited:
I love Monty Python stuff, talk about stupid!

Huge Goonies buff too, I have probably seen it 50 times. All alternate footage and making videos…..you name it I have seen it.

Ghostbusters…..That’s how you revive a franchise!

Honor the past and pass the torch…..threaded the needle perfectly. If only Lucasfilm could have taken this approach!

And yet, I see little difference in their approaches.

I love Monty Python stuff, talk about stupid!

Huge Goonies buff too, I have probably seen it 50 times. All alternate footage and making videos…..you name it I have seen it.

Comedy is a bit different. I love lots of dumb comedy, or like that "stupid-smart" type stuff, like Mel Brooks. People seem to feel differently about stuff that should be "serious" though, but for me, it can still be dumb and fun.

Well Afterlife revived a badly damaged brand.

TLJ just about split a fans base in half.

So, agree to disagree on that take.

I think what Disney+ wants to do with Echo is try to make an adult oriented Marvel series and if Echo is successful Disney might want to try to focus on other Marvel characters for future adult oriented Marvel series such as Blade Punisher and Deadpool but when you look at it even though most people thought that Hawkeye would not be successful at first it introduced the world to Rogers The Musical and because Echo was featured in an episode of Hawkeye I think based on that the creator of Hawkeye wanted to see what they could do with Echo and this show came about and i'll guarantee that Echo will have the same ratings as Secret Invasion did when it premiered last year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter