Echo?

Well Afterlife revived a badly damaged brand.

TLJ just about split a fans base in half.

So, agree to disagree on that take.

"Honor the past and pass the torch" - Star Wars did that. Some fans didn't like HOW they did that, but they still did it. Again, I don't see a lot of difference in the handling of Egon vs. Han or Luke. I actually kind of don't like that part - the way Ray is very bitter about it. It's worse than anything they did to the OT Star Wars characters!

One felt very true to the essence of the characters and one did not in my opinion.

One saw the need to tear down / deconstruct the old characters in order to facilitate the new characters being accepted, and one did not in my opinion.

One was positively received by the bulk of its legacy fan bas, and one was not.

I will leave it up to you to decide which is which.

So you like twerking in your superhero shows it seems? Starting to understand why we don’t often agree on content we like.

Shehulk was the exact opposite of what I like in my marvel content. Wanda Vision was the best Disney has done by a large margin to my eye.

Hated Top Gun and liked She Hulk……that’s a head scratcher for sure dude!
The twerking was in a post-credits bonus scene. I don't understand why anyone got worked up about that.

Y'all are too funny. was wondering how long it would take this thread to drift into another discussion of Top Gun, Ghostbusters, and the SW sequels....less than 1 day.

I'm looking forward to it. Hope it's good enough. I binged ALL those other series on Netflix, some good, some just terrible (Iron Fist, I tried, I really tried) , every one of the series went on WAY too long, could've been done in 6-8 episodes instead of 13.
My favorite was the Punisher first season, and much of Daredevil. Luke Cage was pretty good, just over the top. I'm good with some grittier shows, but I don't want them all to be like that.
(like She Hulk, which was funny, and Ms Marvel to balance it out, I really liked Ms Marvel.)

I'm going into with fairly low expectations for just some good action, we'll see how it turns out.

Y'all are too funny. was wondering how long it would take this thread to drift into another discussion of Top Gun, Ghostbusters, and the SW sequels....less than 1 day.
One of my New Year's resolutions is to not keep getting sucked into these pointless debates. It's amazing it keeps happening. It might be 2026 when the new Star Wars movie comes out and TLJ, Ghostbusters, and Top Gun will still be brought up on here.

One felt very true to the essence of the characters and one did not in my opinion.

One saw the need to tear down / deconstruct the old characters in order to facilitate the new characters being accepted, and one did not in my opinion.

One was positively received by the bulk of its legacy fan bas, and one was not.

I will leave it up to you to decide which is which.

So, Afterlife did not "tear down" Egon? It absolutely did.

Also, I don't have a BIG problem with that - it didn't ruin the movie for me or anything, but it's probably not exactly how I would've handled it.

I'm looking forward to it. Hope it's good enough. I binged ALL those other series on Netflix, some good, some just terrible (Iron Fist, I tried, I really tried) , every one of the series went on WAY too long, could've been done in 6-8 episodes instead of 13.
My favorite was the Punisher first season, and much of Daredevil. Luke Cage was pretty good, just over the top. I'm good with some grittier shows, but I don't want them all to be like that.
(like She Hulk, which was funny, and Ms Marvel to balance it out, I really liked Ms Marvel.)

I'm going into with fairly low expectations for just some good action, we'll see how it turns out.
Jessica Jones was so good, too. I can't look at David Tennant the same.

The twerking was in a post-credits bonus scene. I don't understand why anyone got worked up about that.

Dang, might have to go back and watch.:dogdance:

Will give Echo a shot for sure.

Arnold? Yep even enjoyed Fubar, great blend of comedy, romance, violence.

Same with The Brothers Sun currently enjoying that.

So, Afterlife did not "tear down" Egon? It absolutely did.

Also, I don't have a BIG problem with that - it didn't ruin the movie for me or anything, but it's probably not exactly how I would've handled it.
It was completely explainable and made sense as a logical part of the characters arc. He did it for the good of all mankind and his friends.

Luke was a bitter old man and abandoned his friends. Went from “hopes and dreams” to “get off my grass”.

One made sense, one was widely rejected by a significant portion of the fan base. Like over half based on a 42% audience score.

Agree to disagree and let’s move on. I will never convince you and you will never convince me.

It was completely explainable and made sense as a logical part of the characters arc. He did it for the good of all mankind and his friends.

Luke was a bitter old man and abandoned his friends. Went from “hopes and dreams” to “get off my grass”.

One made sense, one was widely rejected by a significant portion of the fan base. Like over half based on a 42% audience score.

Agree to disagree and let’s move on. I will never convince you and you will never convince me.

Egon was a bitter old man and abandoned his friends. Went from “hopes and dreams” to “get off my grass”.

The above statement is still true. In the case of both of them it made sense within the contest of the story that was told.

Moving on - Echo. She just didn't come off as likeable to me in Hawkeye and that's why I am not that excited for it. I may still check it out. HAving Vincent back is a huge plus, but, I dunno, I'd strill rather they not be going to such mature content.

I just watched the first episode and it was not bad. I'm not sure about the vibe yet, but the story is at least interesting. I'm not doing anything tonight, so I will probably watch more.

I finished it last night. Came in with no prior comic book knowledge of the character, only what was on Hawkeye. It wasn’t really at all what I expected, with all of the flashbacks to the ancestors, but that was a good thing. It sure had a different vibe. It’s also one of the few times I think a series was too short, could’ve used at least another episode. .
Other characters could’ve been developed a bit more, and I felt the ending was rushed/ abrupt , there’s one really, really poignant scene that got to me good. Tears. Overall liked it well enough.
Edited ti add, I know Kingpin is a popular villain, and is what a villain is supposed to be, but he’s just so brutal.

Last edited:
Dang, might have to go back and watch.:dogdance:

Will give Echo a shot for sure.

Arnold? Yep even enjoyed Fubar, great blend of comedy, romance, violence.

Same with The Brothers Sun currently enjoying that.
Im watching the Brothers Sun now and enjoying too.
And ditto on Arnold

Episode 2 was pretty dang good! I'm surprised, but I'm pretty into it now.

I ended up finishing the whole thing. It was very good. The opening to Episode 3 was amazing! Honestly, this was not a character I was excited about, not a comic book concept I would have chosen, not what I would have done at all, but it's a real winner.

Watched the first episode. Very different for sure. I'm liking it so far.

I decided to give this show a try even though I knew nothing about the character, but she sounded intriguing from the articles I read. Oh, and I never pass up an opportunity to see Tantoo Cardinal or Graham Greene!

After the first 2-3 episodes, I wasn't sure this was going to be a show for me. There were Marvel references that I, as an infrequent Marvel viewer, wasn't getting, which is always frustrating. And it seemed like the main character was going down a path I didn't want to follow.

But the last episode of the season was terrific. I won't give any spoilers about how everything comes together, but it reminded me of the following lines from Bruce Cockburn's "A Dream Like Mine":

When you know even for a moment
That it's your time
Then you can walk with the power
Of a thousand generations

I'll definitely give season 2 a try when it comes along.

Overall I really enjoyed the first 85% of the show. The first three episodes especially were great, but was enjoying it up through the first portion of the finale. However, I felt like they really dropped the ball in this area. They were building up so much to a big confrontation then just clear everything out and nothing really happens. The little fight that we did get was ok, but overall still one of the weaker ones just in this series even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter