Egypt: Pyramids, Pharaohs and Ancient Treasures Meets Thread

We just booked for the March 2014 trip! So far it's just my family of 4, so hopefully a few others sign up so they don't cancel. (But not too many - I like the idea of a small group trip:) )

I was just on the ABD website. The March 2014 departure is no longer listed. Did they cancel already? Or no more reservations? Actually, there are no departures until Oct 2014.

I was just on the ABD website. The March 2014 departure is no longer listed. Did they cancel already? Or no more reservations? Actually, there are no departures until Oct 2014.

They actually took it off the day you looked. We got a call a day or so later offering to let us move to the 2014 series without additional charge so we are now booked for Christmas of 2014 but they still cautioned us due to the political situation in Egypt that those dates are not guaranteed either. Crossing our fingers and debating if we should try for China instead.

They actually took it off the day you looked. We got a call a day or so later offering to let us move to the 2014 series without additional charge so we are now booked for Christmas of 2014 but they still cautioned us due to the political situation in Egypt that those dates are not guaranteed either. Crossing our fingers and debating if we should try for China instead.
Oh, my! I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed for you that things settle down in Egypt by then. We had a father & son on our Greek Odyssey ABD who had switched because their 2nd attempt at taking the Egypt trip had been cancelled. It's so sad that things are so bad there.

Sayhello

I really, really hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed!!

Oh, my! I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed for you that things settle down in Egypt by then. We had a father & son on our Greek Odyssey ABD who had switched because their 2nd attempt at taking the Egypt trip had been cancelled. It's so sad that things are so bad there.

Sayhello

It is terrible. I, too, hope things change, sooner rather than later.

I have a question about all these Egypt cancellations. My DBF has FINALLY given me the ok to book an ABD. :banana: Egypt is the one I am after. Because of the trips that have been cancelled, we decided to choose one of the latest dates (March 2015), however, I know myself, and I know I would be terribly disappointed if it were to be cancelled. Which is the reason I have yet to call ABD and book. My question is, I see that in September 2012, JackzGirl posted that her December 2012 trip was cancelled. Why were the trips AFTER the October trip cancelled, but not the October trip? Why not cancel the earliest trips? I understand safety being ABDs first concern, but, if they were that concerned with safety, why did October 2012 get to go?

I really, really hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed!!

It is terrible. I, too, hope things change, sooner rather than later.

I have a question about all these Egypt cancellations. My DBF has FINALLY given me the ok to book an ABD. :banana: Egypt is the one I am after. Because of the trips that have been cancelled, we decided to choose one of the latest dates (March 2015), however, I know myself, and I know I would be terribly disappointed if it were to be cancelled. Which is the reason I have yet to call ABD and book. My question is, I see that in September 2012, JackzGirl posted that her December 2012 trip was cancelled. Why were the trips AFTER the October trip cancelled, but not the October trip? Why not cancel the earliest trips? I understand safety being ABDs first concern, but, if they were that concerned with safety, why did October 2012 get to go?

Don't book it. You're asking for trouble if you do.

We are still booked, but it's not looking good, even 18 months out.

It's not. We've decided to just wait. We are planning something else around the time we were going to do the Egypt ABD. Egypt will always be there. I hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter